Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leave pt job? btea?

Options
  • 09-06-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

im currently working 20 hrs per week, it used to be full time, then 3 days, now 20 hours,each year the hours are reducing while the company makes yet another loss.

Im receiving a sw payment (my stamps) for the days I dont work for longer than 9 konths but im not surevthis is a qualifying sw payment.

if I left my job, its going downhill rapidly, would I get btea?

Or do I wait it out, get redundancy but also get older? Im 31 now.

please advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bloodstormaoa

Hi allegra,

This seems like one of those difficult , murky BTEA areas and I'm not sure I could advise for definite. However, personally I've found it best to go to the source and ring the BTEA office to ask about whether you'd qualify or not. Obviously, don't say you'd consider leaving. :)

The numbers are:

Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

Hope it works out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Getting BTEA usually depends on 2 things, your age and the type of course you want to do

If you want to do a full-time FETAC level 5 or 6 course you need to have at least 78 signing days built up. In other words count up how many days you have received a Social Welfare payment for and if its 78 or over and as long as there are no breaks over more than 1 year you will be eligible for BTEA.

If you want to do a 3rd level i.e. a college or university course then you need to have 238 signing days built up.

To get BTEA you usually need to be aged at least 21.

If you call your local DSP office they can tell you how many signing days you have built up. If you are made statutorily redundant then you can get BTEA with no waiting period as long as you are approved for Jobseekers before a course starts.

Advertisement