Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eau De Shannon

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd be surprised if smell was coming up from below the bend, if it was you'd be getting a far worse smell, more raw sewerage than the "Shannon smell", if it's an old house it might be a simple thing as dirty pipes, try getting some vinegar and baking soda (same volume of each), mix in a job and pour down the sink as soon as it start to fizz up, leave it there for while until it stops reacting and then pour down a recently boiled kettle to clear it out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Fairly unpleasant this morning just after 7, the stench of sewage was sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I wonder, where I used to live in England, they used to flush the sewers out, early every morning, by pumping through the system & the stench coming out of drains, stink pipes etc was overpowering - is that happening here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Late last night it smelled like sulphur, this morning after the rain it smelled like sewerage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement