Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Tri Aquathon Series 2014

Options
  • 09-06-2014 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭

First one is up in a couple of nights, 11th June. They are great races- are there many going from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Might do the one this week. I have a 4km swim this weekend and haven't been in ow in months. Not even sure if I'll fit into my wetsuit either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was thinking of trying to make this one. Have to see if I can make it from work...tennerbets I'd get lost en route to Bray...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I am in. Hopefully a pleasant evening and not a chilly run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I'm in also. Has anyone doene these before? I registered online but only got an email receipt from TI. Was there other mails? Do we collect a timing chip or swim cap or something on the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ructions

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in also. Has anyone doene these before? I registered online but only got an email receipt from TI. Was there other mails? Do we collect a timing chip or swim cap or something on the night?

Based on previous years you do get a cap and no timing chip. They keep the times manually. Great race. Plan on doing some in the series but not this one. Brick session tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

I guess that means no splits?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What's parking like for these? Plenty of it?

What's parking like for these? Plenty of it?

Yes, there's plenty around the seafront or just off around the Dart station - its all pay parking though I think.

Entry on the TI website is closed - does anyone know if you can still enter on the night and buy a ODL at the same time - it used to be €5 for the ODL.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

griffin100 wrote: »
    Yes, there's plenty around the seafront or just off around the Dart station - its all pay parking though I think.

Entry on the TI website is closed - does anyone know if you can still enter on the night and buy a ODL at the same time - it used to be €5 for the ODL.

Footnote on the webpage says you can enter on the night - so I will turn up and hope :)
    http://www.wicklowtri.com/index.php/2012-07-16-23-34-31/aquathon-series

Oldlegs wrote: »
    Footnote on the webpage says you can enter on the night - so I will turn up and hope :)
    http://www.wicklowtri.com/index.php/2012-07-16-23-34-31/aquathon-series

I'm gonna enter on the night but I bought my ODL last night on the TI site as the TI site says that you have to buy it before midnight the night before the race. You used to be able to buy the ODL on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

griffin100 wrote: »
    I'm gonna enter on the night but I bought my ODL last night on the TI site as the TI site says that you have to buy it before midnight the night before the race. You used to be able to buy the ODL on the night.

I'ld better hope so !

Whereabouts on the sea front do you register, will it be pretty obvious? Looking forward to it now and the weather should be just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Whereabouts on the sea front do you register, will it be pretty obvious? Looking forward to it now and the weather should be just perfect.
    Presume so. First time in Bray, they've been very quiet on the news/information front. PResume if we head down for 7 or so should be plenty to register?

You usually register in the Martello pub across from the bandstand (which is where transition usually is).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Is Abhainn making an appearance tonight? He's been fair quiet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Cracking night for it last night, very enjoyable race and great support by Wicklow Tri club.

Soup and sambos at the end a nice touch and yummy.

As usual Wicklow Tri Club did a great job and a very well run race. First ow swim of the year and it was brain numbingly cold for the first few minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

pgibbo wrote: »
    Is Abhainn making an appearance tonight? He's been fair quiet :pac:

Always say be watchful of the quite ones. :)
    Couldn't make last nights one but hope to be there for no. 2

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GryKyo

Just a "heads-up" that the second aquathon of the series is next Wednesday, 7:30pm on Bray Promennade. Don't forget that this event is bang smack in the middle of the Bray Summerfest so the seafront is one big fun-fair. There will be an electric atmosphere for the race and the now famous post-race soup & sambos.

Entry via the TI website or on the night at registration at The Martello.

Visit the club website for more info.

Garry

• Advertisement

Cracking race last night! Almost perfect conditions for racing and a great crowd out again. Hats off to WTC for another great event and a lovely spread after. Nobody to blame for the parking chaos with the summer festival on but WTC were good enough to hold the start time until everyone arrived - tide was starting to slip away though :)

Roll on the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

great race again. well done WTC

thought the lengthy delay was a bit foolish given the tide situation. I dont think the numbers swelled (see what i did there?) that much int he 20 mins.

special shout out for the lad that would not shut up cracking "hilarious" comments during the race briefing and swim start. the man was crying out for attention. He may have even been on the home team ??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Yes good race, nice size field, well organised. Good blowout
    Delay was somewhat annoying (35 mins late - 20:05 for females and males 10mins afte )
    Not really buying the traffic excuse, I left west Dublin 6:10 and still parked up 100m from start by 6:40

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

miller82 wrote: »
    great race again. well done WTC

thought the lengthy delay was a bit foolish given the tide situation. I dont think the numbers swelled (see what i did there?) that much int he 20 mins.

special shout out for the lad that would not shut up cracking "hilarious" comments during the race briefing and swim start. the man was crying out for attention. He may have even been on the home team ??? :p

I'll lay money on that that was Liam Dillon! WTC through and through. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

I think the delay was caused by a few people who had preregistered contacting the organisers because they were stuck in traffic. On a night like last night, it didn't create that much hassle.

Several marshalls rang in late stuck in traffic so sensible to hold the start a little bit, helped the pedestrian crowd on the promenade thin out a bit too - always a tiny bit dodgy negotiating moving kids with 99s :)

Shortened swim and a rocky swim exit was the price I guess, but let's not split hairs - great race again and a strong turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Is the third race still all systems given the recent water quality warnings in Dublin and Wicklow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

zico10 wrote: »
    Is the third race still all systems given the recent water quality warnings in Dublin and Wicklow?

The water advisory notices for Bray have been lifted (as they have for other areas). I was swimming a few clicks South of Bray earlier; all was good. There was some speculation that the elevated readings might have been caused by sand being churned up, rather than raw sewage spills.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

zico10 wrote: »

Yep, race is good to go. See you there!

• Advertisement

Can Cian O'Reilly make it 3 out of 3 tomorrow? Or will Alex Gray follow up his King of Greystones title with another Bray aquathon win?

Peter Kern - are you competing?

Advertisement