Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Tri Aquathon Series 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

It's a great evening here, sun is shining, water looks great, roll on 7:30 :)

Brilliant race tonight in great conditions, well done Wicklow Tri. The swim was in a north-->south direction, but the current had changed by race start so we were swimming into the flow. A mate of mine clocked it at 950m by his Garmin (he may not have swam straight), but it was certainly a bit longer than 750m. All this made for a good, tough, swim. The run was tough too, it always is if you're pushing yourself. Soup and sambos after were much appreciated! Love this race, pity the series is done for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Brilliant race tonight in great conditions, well done Wicklow Tri. The swim was in a north-->south direction, but the current had changed by race start so we were swimming into the flow. A mate of mine clocked it at 950m by his Garmin (he may not have swam straight), but it was certainly a bit longer than 750m. All this made for a good, tough, swim. The run was tough too, it always is if you're pushing yourself. Soup and sambos after were much appreciated! Love this race, pity the series is done for the year.
    Apart from the longer than advertised swim, the marsh you had to swim through for the last 100m and the 100m of hobbling over rocks on the water exit?

Good race, did one earlier in the year in better conditions (read: high tide), and loved it, surely they could have picked a night with high tide?

Other than that, yeah good night out, lovely evening for it, love the run course, and great sandwiches.

Looking at the results over the course of the series, seems like race 2 was about 10% faster than race 1. Race 3 was bout 10% slower than race 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Good race again, hats off to WTC. Apart from the extra swim length and the horrendous swim exit (something really has to be done about this) it was another great race and the best post-race nosh of any of the summer aquathons. Well done to Cian O'Reilly on a clean sweep of wins in all conditions.

Good result KG - tell me were you competing in Tinahealy colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Apart from the extra swim length

Was it really that long? I know it was tough but my swim in from the last buoy was quite wonky and clocked the distance on my Garmin at 812m. I think they were just tough conditions last night (which suited me! :))

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Apart from the longer than advertised swim, the marsh you had to swim through for the last 100m and the 100m of hobbling over rocks on the water exit?
    The amount of Tri's i've been at with curtailed or cancelled swims, it was nice to for once get a tough swim, it certainly favoured the good swimmers all right. Gimme those conditions any day of the week;)
    MojoMaker wrote: »
    Good result KG - tell me were you competing in Tinahealy colours?
    Yeah, tall baldy guy in Tinahely suit. Who are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Active Multisport, but was there solo on Wednesday. I'll look out for you at the next race wherever it may be. I enjoyed the swim too, only gripe for me was the swim exit and I know it's hard to moan as WTC can't control the elements, but all sense of a competition evaporated for me after falling over for the 8th or 9th time on the rocks getting out of the water.

I saw you on the run but didn't clock zico, we've not met. Will you be competing in DCT?

Advertisement