Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection delayed - Account Credit

Options
  • 09-06-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi eircom, I had an engineer out for a residential connection ( phone and broadband) on 30th May 2014. The service never worked until today when an engineer fixed a fault at the exchange. 

We waited 10 days as per leaflet and rand last week.

Will my account be credited with the time the service didn't work?

Happy so far tonight with the broadband. 

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

shivie wrote: »
    Hi eircom, I had an engineer out for a residential connection ( phone and broadband) on 30th May 2014. The service never worked until today when an engineer fixed a fault at the exchange. 

thank you
    Hi shivie

You would indeed be entitled to a rebate, to claim this please contact our accounts team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

thank you
    Hi shivie

You would indeed be entitled to a rebate, to claim this please contact our accounts team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

thank you
    Hi shivie

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shivie

Hi Alan, 

I rang, and I'm not entirely satisfied. The lady said they can only rebate a week as I only logged it on the 6th June .

We only rang then as we waited 10 working days as the engineer was out 23rd May - I made typo above. 

No services worked until yesterday. Surely the engineer that fixed the fault or the guy who done tests when I rang on the 6th should be able to know the line was not working at all.  

I can understand if my service went and I waited to report , but we never had the service we were waiting for activation, which didn't happen due to a fault ( which we had no way to know their was a fault)

I expressed my surprise and unhappiness to the lady and enquirer about making a complaint. She said that wouldn't be a valid complaint . Surely that's what a complaints procedure is for and it was not for her to make comments like that. 

Can you look at this or advise

Hi Alan, 

I rang, and I'm not entirely satisfied. The lady said they can only rebate a week as I only logged it on the 6th June .

We only rang then as we waited 10 working days as the engineer was out 23rd May - I made typo above. 

No services worked until yesterday. Surely the engineer that fixed the fault or the guy who done tests when I rang on the 6th should be able to know the line was not working at all.  

I can understand if my service went and I waited to report , but we never had the service we were waiting for activation, which didn't happen due to a fault ( which we had no way to know their was a fault)

I expressed my surprise and unhappiness to the lady and enquirer about making a complaint. She said that wouldn't be a valid complaint . Surely that's what a complaints procedure is for and it was not for her to make comments like that. 

Can you look at this or advise
    Hi shivie

Please PM me your eircom account number and mobile contact number. I will look in to this and get back to you as soon as I can.

Al

• Advertisement

PM'D

PM'D
    Thanks shivia

Al

Issue resolved extremely quick here. Very fair resolution. Thanks