Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll name that bush in one.....

• 09-06-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I have a hedge/bush between myself and my neighbour - see attached. Both of us like it but neither of us know what type of hedge it is and there are a couple of gaps in it. 2 questions:
    1 - What type of plant is it ?
    2 - How could I fill a gap ? Take cutting from existing - or buy mature one from somewhere.

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Looks to me like a Pittosporum.

If it is, they take pretty easily from cuttings,that's if you don't mind waiting a while for it to become a suitable size to use.
    Most reputable garden centres should stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Thanks. Just googled images of that and you appear spot on. Do you know where i could get one or could i grow a it from the existing one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Definitely Pittosporum - they often have a lot of seedlings growing at their bases - but this hedge seems well maintained and clipped so its flowers may never had set seed.
    If there are no seedlings you should be able to get them in any half decent garden centre - bring along a little cutting for comparison to make sure you get the variety you want.

Very nice hedge btw

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Thanks for the advice folks. Next stop - garden centre.

Advertisement