Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending pet kitten to usa ?

• 09-06-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

is this a difficult process? shes a persian blue .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

OP I'm in the process of sending a terrier to USA. It is not difficult at all. It would be worse the other way around but it is expensive, I mean really expensive. The one way ticket for a terrier cost €1200. to know more about regulations you can have a look at www.petrelocation.com.
    For the travel itself I'm using www.multicargo.ie. Best luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

micheleabc wrote: »
    OP I'm in the process of sending a terrier to USA. It is not difficult at all. It would be worse the other way around but it is expensive, I mean really expensive. The one way ticket for a terrier cost €1200. to know more about regulations you can have a look at www.petrelocation.com.
    For the travel itself I'm using www.multicargo.ie. Best luck.

without hijacking the thread, why are you sending a terrier to USA? Is he a pet travelling with family? I only ask because my terriers siblings (the rest of the litter) were sent to the USA to be sold there, because of the demand for Irish JRT types... (so Im just being nosy, given the astronomical price of transport :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

cheers

aonb wrote: »
    without hijacking the thread, why are you sending a terrier to USA? Is he a pet travelling with family? I only ask because my terriers siblings (the rest of the litter) were sent to the USA to be sold there, because of the demand for Irish JRT types... (so Im just being nosy, given the astronomical price of transport :o)

I am a dog minder and the terrier belongs to a customer of mine. The whole family moved to US and the dog has been living with me since last November. Now that the family is sorted with house and jobs they can finally be reunited with their pet. The situation is bombproof as I know perfectly what's going on and where the dog is going but thanks for the concern. Besides, the family pays for the transport, I would need to sell a few organs to be able to do it myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

no, no wasnt 'concerned' about the dog at all - I was just wondering why a terrier would be sent to the USA given the cost - my dogs siblings were sent to the USA to be sold there (by a dealer of some sort) - I found that incredible because (again given the price) my terrier (JRT/Patterdale cross) and previous/subsequent half-siblings were all pretty disasterous look-wise (lovely personalities but some awful looking dogs when grown!!) Love my ugly-ish little dog to death having said that :D

Hope that family and their pet get reunited soon (assume there wont be quarantine on that side?)

• Advertisement

aonb wrote: »

Hope that family and their pet get reunited soon (assume there wont be quarantine on that side?)

No, there is no quarantine in USA. Dogs coming from countries rabies free can get straight into the country with minimum paper work. In the worse of the cases instead of quarantine the dogs in US they would allow you to take it at home under the commitment of not walking it outside until it gets vaccinated. It's just the cost of the travel beyond ridiculous for a medium size dog.
    She'll be fine, her family will be at the airport waiting for her and she'll be in her new home soon. I'll miss her though.

Advertisement