Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meter reading update

Options
  • 10-06-2014 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, just a quick one.

I submitted a meter reading 2 weeks ago but didn't receive the bill as i normally do. My reading was submitted 2 days before the ESB tried to take a reading, but once again I wasn't at home.

The bill arrived today and is under estimated actually.

What is the time frame in which I have to send the reading so it can be updated and new bill issued straight away?

I never had a problem with this before, but I never took a reading before the ESB called in, so maybe that is the reason?
    Also I always receive a bill before the end of the month. This month it was issued 2 weeks later. Was there some delay in issuing the bills, or next time i should wait until esb calls in to read it rather than updating the reading myself?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Wonski,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query. We can accept meter readings up to 7 days before a scheduled meter reading. In this case, you submitted the reading too close to the scheduled read date, so it was not taken into account for your recent bill.

If you're planning on submitting a reading, we would recommend waiting until after your bill has been issued. If it is estimated, then we can accept an actual reading and reissue the bill for the correct usage. A bill will usually be issued if you submit a reading in the accepted time, but if you need a bill urgently, we'd recommend contacting us to ensure that it's issued. Your billing cycle can vary slightly each period, but will usually span 60 days.

We can accept this reading for you here on Boards, we would just need you to confirm your account details via PM. Please confirm your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
     We can accept meter readings up to 7 days before a scheduled meter reading. In this case, you submitted the reading too close to the scheduled read date, so it was not taken into account for your recent bill.
    Thanks, but this doesn't make sense to me. I submitted it 2 days before the scheduled read date, and yet it was to close?

The only thing that annoys me here that I suddenly have to pay bigger bill (for a period of 2 months and 2 weeks) just because it was issued later for some reason. Not a big deal but for last 2 years it was always for 2 months period.

I will update it online and see if they re-issue the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

wonski wrote: »
    Thanks, but this doesn't make sense to me. I submitted it 2 days before the scheduled read date, and yet it was to close?
    Hi Wonski,

Yes, the cut-off point for sending in a customer meter reading prior to a scheduled reading is seven days.

Sorry to read of the delay - ESB Networks may be able to advise as to why this was.

The corrected bill based on your up-to-date reading will be due for payment two weeks from its date of issue (rather than the issue date of the estimated bill). If a deferral of the due date to a later one would suit you in this instance, we can accommodate that no problem.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dervoc

I an just after receiving a bill which is usually 60. and has gone to 99 has to be wrong. especialy during sumer months

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dervoc

I an just after receiving a bill which is usually 60. and has gone to 99 has to be wrong. especialy during sumer months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dervoc,

Thanks for your post.

Was the bill in question, or any of your previous bills, based on an estimated reading? When a reading has been estimated, it will be clearly marked in red on the first page of the bill.

If any of your previous bills were underestimated, this can sometimes result in a larger than expected balance once an actual reading has been taken. There is further information on our meter reading policy here, and for ways to reduce your bill, see here.

We offer several ways for customers to submit readings to better manage their usage - via this online form, your online billing account, our meter reading app, or by phone/email.

If you would like further assistance, please feel free to send us your account details by PM so we can help.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement