Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, it does that, it'll try and push you in one direction to experience everything. There's actually so much to do now, and that central hub with loads of other player characters running around was new the last time I played so not sure what it's like now. The one that keeps trying to get you to build a base, I stopped following that for a while until I was ready to build one! I think I was following the Space Anomaly and Atlas paths, as they were the first 2 from release.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So the whole base building at the start was part of the awakening quest, had to hook up power and teleporter, then headed to space station, got a code, back to base and decrypted it and now have to head to coordinates. The problem is the coordinates seem to be in the middle of a volcano. There are where look like crashed ship parts merging with the volcano at different sides of it. I kind of looks like the volcano randomly generated bang on the coordinates, bit weird.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Or is it designed to get you to mine underground? I half remember something like that also happening to me at the beginning.

Ah I tried mining the volcano and nothing happening, will try the ground before it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If you go to those coordinates and then bring up your scanner it might then lead you to exact coordinates.

I did a similar mission a few days ago. Once I dropped on the first set I had to bring up my scanner, it gave me a general direction to go and and as I got closer it highlighted the exact thing I needed to visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

4gb patch on Steam, wtf is it this time? new galaxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭endainoz

4 gigs is shag all if your used to the crazy warzone updates on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tried the latest update, but it runs like crap on my machine now. Used to be fine, but its near unplayable at the moment.

I have noticed a few more freezes again lately, and laggy gameplay too. Had to restart the game about 4 times last night. And I wasn't even interested in doing anything worm related! Loading is taking longer than when I first tried it when I got the PS5. Still a great game!

• Advertisement

Attempting to 100% this. Last achievement is finish in permadeath. Coasting along about halfway through. Then the game teleports my ship into another ship. I can't escape. Game over.

I was lucky in that I had a pal with a check point 1 jump away from the centre so I just joined her game. You still need to do a bit of work and get through the story and get fuel enough to make the jump (5 warp fuel I think)

The Normandy from Mass Effect is back in this until 21st December. I haven't played this since i got stuck trying to get into a crashed ship very early on (just after returning from my first trip to the space port hub place) anyone know if i went back how long it would take to get the Normandy?

I read online i would skip to phase 5 and then it will take about 90 minutes but no idea what that means.

I was checking out videos myself, as I've no real interest in the Expeditions, but I want the Normandy. Some video showed it's possible in around 90 mins, but I'd say to even do the whole lot wouldn't take too long. I'll be giving it a go over the weekend I think. I don't even use the Freighters/Frigate system, but I still want to see the Normandy come when I call. A mate is playing the ME Trilogy and has never played ME before, his feedback is making me want it even more!

Having played a good bit of NMS recently, I'm still slightly confused by his instructions, but I'd imagine it'll be easier to follow once you're actually doing it. The entire thing should only take 4-6 hours anyway, if you were to do it step by step.

4:38 and she was mine. And that's with at least 30/45 min off track. I went off on a ship hunt and completing all the milestones gives very good rewards and keeps the pace going. It's like an Arcade version of the main game, everything felt quicker. Anyway, found myself an A-Class fighter 27+7, yurt. Think 2 milestones later a reward was a new ship, fighter, B-Class. Meh, until I saw it was 23+27! So wasted time getting a fighter, only to nearly immediately get rid of it. Did net me a nice 17mil.

Anyway, fairly quick and straight forward. Only one that was kinda a hassle was the finding 4 systems as hapes of systems are discovered. Reddit suggested, correctly, to go to the Galaxy map, see the route for Expedition, see the route for Galactic Centre, and go opposite it. After a few warps you'll find undiscovered ones. You'll know as when you select them in the map, you won't see the lines other players have gone to that planet.

Worth it though. I know it's only for sending on missions, but tis fair nice to look at. And might make me do freighter stuff, as it looks to be excellent for combat and exploration. Pity I can't bring the ship I was using over though. That tech space is crazy. I'd go to the effort of upgrading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Combat overhaul was badly needed. Hopefully it's good.

Ok, the last two updates might be enough to pull me back in.

I discovered an infinite money glitch. Put any item into the new "cargo" space of your ship. Go to trade terminal and sell that item. You will get the cash and keep the item.

So put something expensive in there and start printing cash. 👍

How has the flight combat changed?

• Advertisement

I haven't tried it, I started a new save and I've just got up and running.

I tried ship combat. Other than the enemy having shield health now I don't see what has changed.

I was able to take down multiple enemies with ease in the starter ship, with no upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I actually enjoyed this at launch. I did put in a good few hours but drifted off. Went back when multiplayer came and had a great night with two others building stuff.

I've been thinking about it a lot the last few days. Think it's time I dipped back in the updates look pretty impressive.

I found another bug where if you smuggle illegal goods you don't get the benefit of selling it for a higher rate in non pirate systems. I'd say hold off a while until the bugs are fixed.

Sentinels are really tough now. The AI is really clever, they behave tactically, take cover, heal, etc.

Shame that the ship combat isn't that much different.

Ok, so i reinstalled this after getting stuck last year after playing out for 2 hours. Came back from the player hub ship and have to go to a location in the map that seems to be a man made structure that has glitched into a volcano. I tried digging through volcano but no luck. Does this look normal? I think I'll just stay a new playthrough :)

If you travel far enough away from the system (you can use the Anomaly to achieve this by visiting another players base) the quest log for this will have a red galaxy icon next to it. You can reset the quest from here and get a new location. You can do the mission here or...

Then use a space station teleporter to go back to your home system and reset the mission again, and you'll get a new local point.

Ok, actually started a new game as i couldn't remember anything about crafting and i made it off the first planet in 20 minutes, much quicker than my first attempt so should get back to the last bugged in no time. Actually loving this, might scratch that base building itch.

Plenty of base building guides on YouTube. Glitch building can yield impressive results.

It's worth checking out community bases on the Anomaly for inspiration.

• Advertisement

Back to the same mission i was stuck on last time and yupp, definitely good glitched on first playthrough. Gotta grind the parts to make a Hyperdrive next. Loving this atm, bit of a grind collecting resources but constantly unlocking goodies.

Advertisement