Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ponster wrote: »
    He has though gone on to say that he's still playing it even after reaching the center of whatever he reached. Arriving at the center is not it seems the end of the game.
    EoinHef wrote: »
    Im not to fussed somebody can reach the centre in 30 or so hours,the 'story' element may only be one part of the game. There are plenty of sandbox games that can continue after the 'story' element has been completed.

Yeah ive already acknowledged that,plenty of games out there that do it that way. Ive no problem with that really as long as there is a sufficent amount of engaging stuff to do in the sandbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

does anybody know if this needs to be connect to PSN online even for single player? like Need for speed? or will it be fully offline singleplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

30 hours? For someone who's full timed employed it looks like I'll be playing this until Christmas. That's good enough for me.

I don't get the whole so glad I didn't preorder this brigade though. It's not like it's COD pushing out a new lock of paint on a Q3 engine. The folks at Hello Games have undertaken a huge project and they're on the cusp of delivering pretty much everything they set out to do, that in my book should be commended. Could have easily cash cowed it and chopped the game up into multiple Dlc's with GameStop exclusives.

Fair enough if you got burnt by elite dangerous then you're perhaps right to air on the side of caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

3102derek wrote: »
    does anybody know if this needs to be connect to PSN online even for single player? like Need for speed? or will it be fully offline singleplayer

No there's an offline mode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

30 hours? For someone who's full timed employed it looks like I'll be playing this until Christmas. That's good enough for me.

I don't get the whole so glad I didn't preorder this brigade though. It's not like it's COD pushing out a new lock of paint on a Q3 engine. The folks at Hello Games have undertaken a huge project and they're on the cusp of delivering pretty much everything they set out to do, that in my book should be commended. Could have easily cash cowed it and chopped the game up into multiple Dlc's with GameStop exclusives.

Fair enough if you got burnt by elite dangerous then you're perhaps right to air on the side of caution.

Im in that 'brigade',but its more a general rule of thumb for me,not really specific to this game. Ive yet to find anyone with a convincing arguement for a reason why anyone should pre order these days. And in this case,where the reviews can only be released after release,a healthy dose of skepticism is natural imo. Anyway the game is easily picked up day one without a pre order so whats the point.

Also you state that they are on the cusp of delivering what they set out to do,you dont know that,neither do i. And we wont till we either play it or read reviews here and in the press for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I thought the streamed footage over the weekend showed exactly what i was hoping for. Looks amazing. I dont want GTA in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not even going to listen to reviews on this. I suspect that this really will be a game that each person will have to play to see if they'll like it or not. With the vastness of it, each individual can make their own game out of it. Some will race to the centre, some will explore, some may even decide to make a home planet and revisit often. Plus there's mentions of all the alien races with their own languages you'll have to "learn". It's also wide open for future updates to possibly add more content, extra multiplayer bits (like shops), and possibly even area of space that could become community hubs, offering everything from shopping to deathmatches in a competitive environment. I'm sure HG are well aware that this may be a possibility. And judging by the dev's comments on the leaked video, i'd say he genuinely wants people to experience it for themselves first, and I believe it's that kind of game.

Also, pretty sure I heard him say that even if you do meet someone else, there's no indicator to state that it is someone else. So aside from bunny hopping around the planets or flying in perfect penis shapes, you won't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

I don't get the whole so glad I didn't preorder this brigade though
    Why on earth would you pay for a game before you get it when youve no idea what you are getting? Pre-ordering games is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Why on earth would you pay for a game before you get it when youve no idea what you are getting? Pre-ordering games is ridiculous.

Every game without a playable demo is pre ordering in fairness. I stopped following reviews over 10 years ago as I don't agree with most of them. I am the only gamer I know in person so it's not as if I can try a game or get a load of one to see if I'll like it. The Division is one exception, if didn't play the beat of that I would not have bought it.

I can just tell from gameplay footage if I will like a game or not and it has served me well. If I see a game that from my eye does not look or play well then I generally won't like it and Plus and Gold services has backed my view points up time and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

From what I gathered there isn't a campaign only an endless amount of planets to explore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It depends on the game and the series, plus some games have limited run special editions that sellout very quickly, also with some sites you can get the game a few days early if you pre order.

Well this is interesting, day one update it seems

Is that not par on course for every release these days. At this stage I accept that soon as I turn a game on for the first time then I'm going to have to download an update before I can play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmmm, a vague update that adds content. Could be spoofing due to damage control. Probably hoping to increase the pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'll be giving it at least a week to see the reaction before I decide if I'm buying. It's not like I don't have hundreds of other games to work through in my backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Why wouldn't you when it's such an unknown. Why would you not just wait a little while to see? Imo they haven't even been able to make decent trailers out of the game (and I don't mean actiion packed bull****, just that they haven't conveyed anything worthy of playing).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I cant wait, I just pre-ordered and I never pre-order. Lets hope its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I cant wait, I just pre-ordered and I never pre-order. Lets hope its good.

Must.resist.preorder.temptation... :)

I never pre order but I have a good feeling about this....

Still won't pre order it though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Fieldog wrote: »

With ya there.

I feel I've a good sense of what they'll be offering so i'm only gonna wait until I know the release is stable/playable. I think it'll take 30+ hours to figure if it's engaging/boring but still worth it to get to that stage.

Fieldog wrote: »

saneman wrote: »
    With ya there.

I feel I've a good sense of what they'll be offering so i'm only gonna wait until I know the release is stable/playable. I think it'll take 30+ hours to figure if it's engaging/boring but still worth it to get to that stage.

With you both. But totally keeping my pre-order. **** the hype/anti-hype, I'll draw my own conclusion.

But, definitely getting a good vibe from the exploration/discovery aspect of the game. I expect you're right about the 30+ hours, I think it'll be a slow burner. Right up my alley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I have had No Man's Sky pre-ordered since it became available on the PSN. I've been sold on the game since it was revealed and everything they've said since has cemented that position.

However...

Seeing this...

2578096-7000006506-is5Z6.gif

If this appears at any stage in my game, I'm legging it back to my ship!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I, like most of you, have been waiting for this since it's initial showing at the E3, oh so long ago.
    Some of the abuse Sean is getting on Reddit and similar is shocking though.
    The early views on the game seem to be more a result of someone getting an early copy but no updates, so it being bug city is hardly surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Otacon wrote: »
    If this appears at any stage in my game, I'm legging it back to my ship!

House Harkonnen will not allow the weak to survive. You will be shot before you take 2 steps towards your ship.

What's the best place to preorder this, to guarantee getting it on release day? Unless digitally is the only real way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

What's the best place to preorder this, to guarantee getting it on release day? Unless digitally is the only real way.

I'd say Smyths or Argos.

Gamestop if you want to be rode while you do it. :eek:

Tesco will probably have some copies on release day.
    Golden Discs / CD World (If either of them are still in operation)

Gamestop if you want to be rode while you do it. :eek:

Too right, they are looking for 75 of your hard earned for this, :eek: They should give you a bottle of lube walking in the door as part of their customer service, better use than their scratched CD protection "service".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's £39.85 (€47.61) on SimplyGames but have never used them so don't know what they are like for delivering on release day.
    It's $79.99 (€54.94) on Canadian store which isn't really much of a saving as the Irish store is €59.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Probably going to buy this

I pre ordered it from Amazon in June 2015 for £40. They emailed me yesterday saying they were dispatching shortly and to make sure my address and CC payment details were still up to date to avoid any delays. I thought they were going to ship a week early :D but it's still not left yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have it pre ordered with The Game Collection for £36, so I'm hopeful they'll be dispatching tomorrow or Saturday.

Advertisement