Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I still don't understand the purpose of pre-ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

TGC said on twitter they'll be dispatching later today so fingers crossed for Wednesday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Day one patch is around 800MB

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Just got it there from simply games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just got it there from simply games.

Nice. Not much point in starting it without the patch as your're old save file won't work post patch. Also the servers are being wiped again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Look what arrived this morning..Must..resist..temptation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Given the interface has drawn a few comparisons to Destiny, I read those (crazy ambitious and very intriguing) patch notes and have to say it sounds like the sort of game Destiny should have been. That game had an insane budget and promised the galaxy...

I see very little comparison between both games. Except for them both being set in space and you can use guns.

I wouldn't think Destiny was ever supposed to be like NMS.

Good news on the day one patch. Shows that the devs are listening to the information provided by the players who managed to get early access, and they're committed to delivering a well rounded game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

All things being equal guys, PS4 or PC?

The cost is the same on both, but I wonder if the PC version might be the unloved step-child, with the PS4 version their pride and joy? :D

Plus, do I wanna wait 2 extra days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

marcbrophy wrote: »

The cost is the same on both, but I wonder if the PC version might be the unloved step-child, with the PS4 version their pride and joy? :D

At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with either version.

marcbrophy wrote: »

The PC version is getting extra treatment like support for higher FOV, it's locked at 50 for the PS4 and support 21:9 wide screen ratios.

Sean Murray has come out and said the PC version is the ultimate version of what they want to achieve in the game.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    I see very little comparison between both games. Except for them both being set in space and you can use guns.

I wouldn't think Destiny was ever supposed to be like NMS.

No but Destiny was supposed to be a free roam map type game. The first E3 demo stated you could walk to anywhere you could see by Bungie themselves.

It also stated you could use a ship to fly around the solar system, the end product was very garden fenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Provided the port is good ill be going PC,no reason not too if you have a decent rig and the port is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I always assumed I'd be going PS4 but I might go PC. With it being practically impossible to link up with people online the fact that my mates will be playing on PS4 doesn't make any difference.

I might wait a few weeks to see how the PC version seems to be performing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Has there been any mention of HOTAS support?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I always assumed I'd be going PS4 but I might go PC. With it being practically impossible to link up with people online the fact that my mates will be playing on PS4 doesn't make any difference.

I might wait a few weeks to see how the PC version seems to be performing.

This is pretty much why ill be going PC too,if there were more of a MP element id be going PS4 as my mates are there but seen as its a remote chance of meeting up makes more sense to go PC for me.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Has there been any mention of HOTAS support?

I'd love to be able to connect my A-10C HOTAS up to the PS4 for the laugh. Don't think this game justifies as full HOTAS setup as it's playable on a DS4, still would be nice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's surprising the PS4 doesn't have HOTAS support either though, the one I have (Thrustmaster T-Flight) was built for the PS3 and got a PC version cause it was really cheap (€45 I paid for it).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Review copies are late and a few places are withholding reviews until well after the embargo since they will be reviewing the patched version. Kind of glad the Pc version is delayed so I can make a more informed decision!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Review copies are late and a few places are withholding reviews until well after the embargo since they will be reviewing the patched version. Kind of glad the Pc version is delayed so I can make a more informed decision!

The review copies are being held back by HG till Sony certify the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pre-ordered with smyths today, just got shipment notification. anyone know how long they usually take to get here, Galway where their head office is (the sticks) is miles from Dublin :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

My order from thegamecollection has just been dispatched :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

My order from thegamecollection has just been dispatched :D

Mine too. Just despatched there. Hoping for Wednesday delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Me three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My 4 copies have shipped from TGC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

No email from gamestop yet, i was charged though

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Guys who have ordered from TGC. Generally how long does shipping and delivery take to here? My copy just dispatched!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Xenji wrote: »

Because one copy wasn't enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

pre-ordered with smyths today, just got shipment notification. anyone know how long they usually take to get here, Galway where their head office is (the sticks) is miles from Dublin :pac:

I'm collecting at a Smyths store. Thought I'd get it on Tuesday, but got an email saying it'd be in store on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Alien colonial marines 2.0 perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Xenji wrote: »

Ok, I'll bite: why are you getting 4 copies?

Advertisement