Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

I don't really get this. What are you supposed to do?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I happily spent 20+ hours exploring undiscovered systems in Elite: Dangerous and you couldn't even land on any of the interesting planets in that. Just jumping from system to system scanning any interesting planets. NMS sounds pretty great to me as long as the resource gathering isn't too much of a grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is this out today or tomorrow?

Never heard of a game coming out on a Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Fieldog wrote: »

Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I don't really get this. What are you supposed to do?

Explore, then upgrade your stuff so you can explore the harder to get to places. If you want the main thing is to get to the centre, but you don't have to.

You just do what you want to do really. It's a game that does not hold your hand, you find out things for yourself like games used to be like before the year 2000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Wtf is this "Chill Exploration"? Is this a term for used in a game where there is very very little to do but go from planet to planet gathering resources??

Ha gathering resources.

Enjoy wasting your time and money.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to give us your input..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

[PS 4] Today in the US
    [PS 4] Tomorrow in the EU.

[PC] Latest date is 6pm GMT Friday 12th.

Explore, then upgrade your stuff so you can explore the harder to get to places. If you want the main thing is to get to the centre, but you don't have to.

You just do what you want to do really. It's a game that does not hold your hand, you find out things for yourself like games used to be like before the year 2000.

Hmmm. I'm skeptical. I'm sick of sandbox games and procedurally generated environments. I'd prefer to explore worlds that have been designed individually with a linear story connecting them rather than bland infinity.

Hmmm. I'm skeptical. I'm sick of sandbox games and procedurally generated environments. I'd prefer to explore worlds that have been designed individually with a linear story connecting them rather than bland infinity.

Well until someone has time to design and build 18 quintillion planets you are out of luck so.:D

Destiny set out to just do the Solar System and Bungie couldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Sounds like you should avoid this game then. Its not for everyone I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Are they set to have a preset for this in the headset companion app? Really hope so.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Are they set to have a preset for this in the headset companion app? Really hope so.

That would be great..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

854 people streaming it on Live From PS... :(

854 people streaming it on Live From PS... :(

If i didnt have to work it would be 855!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Wednesday is a new one to me too. Back when I worked in games retail, Worldwide release day was a Tuesday. The average game was released on Tuesday in the US and Friday in the EU. But games with a worldwide release day like Gears of War 3, had a Tuesday release; so we'd get the game before our US counterparts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it's probably due to timezones. Tuesday here is nearly a day before US release. I remember recently waiting on Earth Defense Force to unlock on steam. Whatever date it had down was for Pacific Time which meant the game didn't release until the next day.

We can't have dirty Europeans getting the game before the yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah it's probably due to timezones. Tuesday here is nearly a day before US release. I remember recently waiting on Earth Defense Force to unlock on steam. Whatever date it had down was for Pacific Time which meant the game didn't release until the next day.

We can't have dirty Europeans getting the game before the yanks.

Even though it's a game created by an English Company with an Irish managing director, on a Japanese platform (console wise). :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

[PS 4] Today in the US
    [PS 4] Tomorrow in the EU.

[PC] Latest date is 6pm GMT Friday 12th.

Glad I didn't take Friday off, then!

Some lunatic on Metacritic giving zeros with multiple accounts,you can tell by the way they are written its the same dude.. its hilarious and sad at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zillah wrote: »
    Glad I didn't take Friday off, then!

Let's hope that they don't run into issues during the PS launch, or it could cause the PC launch to be pushed again! :)

• Advertisement

Eurogamer are in the middle of a 6 hour stream at the moment on youtube..

Quite funny.. Johnny is into exploring and Aoife wants him to destroy everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Eurogamer are in the middle of a 6 hour stream at the moment on youtube..

Quite funny.. Johnny is into exploring and Aoife wants him to destroy everything..

Linky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eASULWu2Ups#

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Thanks,cant access youtube on the work pc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Karak from ACG doing a 24-hour live stream to raise money for cancer research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6NU-sU-2c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Disappointing that it's delayed until Friday for PC, I wonder if Sony had anything to do with that.

Anyways, anyone know if the servers are seperate for PC and PS4? I've seen a few things by googling, but no definite answer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Anyways, anyone know if the servers are seperate for PC and PS4?

Sean said that they are separate in the Reddit AMA. He also joked that it will be fun to see who is more juvenile when it comes to naming things.

also lol
    3ZLo9rU.jpg

Disappointing that it's delayed until Friday for PC, I wonder if Sony had anything to do with that.

No that is down to HG putting last minute features and options in the PC version like wide screen support and FOV options.

The servers are isolated for each platform.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hope there's some different types of planets. And i don't just mean colours or lifeforms.

Planet is too close to a black hole? Time and gravity distortions. Planet is too close to the sun? Fire planet that requires extra shields to survive. I want water planets, toxic planets, planets with frozen clouds and ancient buried civilizations (in the water). Give me a sense of wonder every now and again, and i'll keep coming back for more. And yes, i did watch Interstellar recently :P

If it's just red planet with blue tiger aliens, than green planet with red zebra aliens etc..., i doubt it'll hold my interest for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kiith wrote: »
    I hope there's some different types of planets. And i don't just mean colours or lifeforms.

Planet is too close to a black hole? Time and gravity distortions. Planet is too close to the sun? Fire planet that requires extra shields to survive. I want water planets, toxic planets, planets with frozen clouds and ancient buried civilizations (in the water). Give me a sense of wonder every now and again, and i'll keep coming back for more. And yes, i did watch Interstellar recently :P

If it's just red planet with blue tiger aliens, than green planet with red zebra aliens etc..., i doubt it'll hold my interest for too long.

Exactly what im afraid of and holding back until reviews before buying.

I fear it will get old very fast and the planets will just feel like a copy and paste of other planets with a few things switched around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My god that Aoife on Eurogamer is a little stunner

Advertisement