Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kiith wrote: »
    Planet is too close to a black hole? Time and gravity distortions.

Doesnt have that unfortunately.
    Planet is too close to the sun? Fire planet that requires extra shields to survive.

This exists. Hot planets will deplete your shields and kill you without upgrades.....so you either need to mine enough resources on the go to replenish your suit energy, stay inside your ship or a base, or find a cave to cool off in.
    I want water planets, toxic planets, planets with frozen clouds and ancient buried civilizations (in the water).

I havent seen a fully water planet yet but I have seen some that had a ton of water on it. Toxic planets exist....or rather radiation planets. As do frozen planets. They work just like the hot planets tho. You need to upgrade your suit to survive. A bit like Samus in Metroid.

There are no civilizations or cities. Just pockets of technology and a random buildings. Its procedurally generated.

Its a grindfest to be honest but it looks enjoyable nontheless. Explore planets. Scan animals. Collect and trade resources. And learn the 3 alien languages bit by bit so you can communicate with the aliens. Also some basic dogfighting in space. You can also pirate some guys. Its all pretty basic and simple versions of everything but its there.

These guys are going to keep updating. They are big on updates. So the game is going to keep improving over the next six months.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    My god that Aoife on Eurogamer is a little stunner

Pics or gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

shes a bit anorexic looking and flat tbh.

No doubt an "Insert point elbows 0/10 would not bang gif" here no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tkvJohG.jpg?1
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Serious reek of trainee Gamestop employee of her

I say that like I have standards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Your doing us all proud there lads with those comments, not perpetuating the stereotype at all......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, can we maybe not be sexist arseholes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I liked Aoife when she worked for Microsoft during the E3 presentations a few years ago. A lot of other people didn't seem too impressed with her at the time but each to their own I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Cormac... wrote: »

I say that like I have standards

Never seen a Gamestop employee looking like that to be honest. Very attractive lady to those of us who arent having sex with Victoria Secret models on a daily basis. Some of ye have it good boys

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cormac... wrote: »

Yeah, I can see the sneer when you ask if they have Senran Kagura Burst....
    As if they know what it is....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've no problem with having to collect resources and get upgrades, as long as the gameplay is fun and the content varies a lot. I love Starbound and Terreria, so if this is a more advanced version of that, i'm happy enough. Hopefully there are an absolute **** ton of upgrades as well, with better jump packs, ships, weapons etc...

They really should add ruins, ship wrecks and ancient civilizations though...give us interesting things to discover.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I liked Aoife when she worked for Microsoft during the E3 presentations a few years ago. A lot of other people didn't seem too impressed with her at the time but each to their own I guess.

She is smart, quick witted and very funny. Watch some of Eurogamer's "Late to the Party" videos and you'll see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I played a couple of hours this morning before regretfully having to go to work. Really liked what I played. Very chilled out. Oddly compelling just wandering around collecting resources to upgrade things. Left the planet eventually and parked myself on a space station before having to leave. Ever since then all I've wanted to do is be at home playing it. Not into this work malarkey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Some very inappropriate and disrespectful comments here folks, please have a bit of decency. Let's get back to talking about the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If the game lacked a resource component it would be considered dumbed down.
    I would hope that, with a little time, a campaign of some type would turn up.
    I'd also like to see how gas giants are done, with moons with ans without atmosphere, a bit like the Jupiter and Saturn moon systems here.
    Artificial structures would be cool too, Dyson spheres, space elevators, wormhole terminators, Ring worlds, O'Neill cylinders.
    Presumably these may be held back, if they are to appear, for a later patch.
    I'm hoping this game will be dlc lite, with little investment needed beyond the initial purchase price.
    A little odd is the price.
    It's 64.99 in Smyth's but only 59.99 on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Looking to pick this up today for PS4, seems like the best bet is to buy it as a digitial download on the PSN store? Won't probably be selling it or trading it in... is there any disadvantages to buying it as a download?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's 64.99 in Smyth's but only 59.99 on PSN.

The PSN price is because Sony are treating this title an in house game promotion wise, that's why it's not 65 or 70 on PSN. Uncharted 4 was the same price on PSN at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Refreshing my email to see if Parcel Motel have received my copy yet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Arciphel wrote: »
    Looking to pick this up today for PS4, seems like the best bet is to buy it as a digitial download on the PSN store? Won't probably be selling it or trading it in... is there any disadvantages to buying it as a download?

If you're not selling it or trading it, I don't see any disadvantage of buying it digitally, unless of course you're stuck for storage space.

But I think it's a 3.4GB download so nothing too taxing.

This might sound odd but can somebody explain what type of game this is in one sentence?

I don't want to watch clips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah, I think im going to buy it on PSN later.

Little worried that it'll get old fast, seeing more or less the same stuff on slightly different planets and getting bored of grinding but will probably jump in all the same, its a cool idea.

I would like a greater chance to meet other people or whatever (MP) and even to come across evil Greedo type lads, maybe I will. Whats slightly dissapointing is that other players actions do not appear in your world unless youre on the same planet at the same time but I guess it would be impossible to carry all that information.

If the only enemies are robots and the odd stampeding animal, that would be dissapointing. Only three 'human like' races would also be a bit dissapointing.

Im hoping theres some sort of story arc or found purpose/ incidents that will spur interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This might sound odd but can somebody explain what type of game this is in one sentence?

Free roaming space exploration, RPG, trading, with a bit of combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

That_Guy wrote: »
    Refreshing my email to see if Parcel Motel have received my copy yet. :pac:

You ordered from TGC right? PM have charged me for it, so they should have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You ordered from TGC right? PM have charged me for it, so they should have it.

I got email in the last half hour saying its at the Dublin Depot so hopefully get it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Hey Folks, Anyone know if I purchase this on the PS Store, does it pre download? I've got ****ty internet so would ideally like to kick off the download tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

thorbarry wrote: »
    Hey Folks, Anyone know if I purchase this on the PS Store, does it pre download? I've got ****ty internet so would ideally like to kick off the download tonight

Preloaded it yesterday.

Elite Dangerous for Dummies? ;)

Preloaded it yesterday.

Isn't that just doing shots at home before you hit the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

thorbarry wrote: »

Mine downloaded yesterday just waiting on the day one patch now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Procedural space exploration that has no story, no quests, and no characters - you just explore, have a bit of fighting, and apparently spend quite a bit of time gathering resources.

I really hope the resourcing/inventory management isn't grindy, I'm a little worried already.

Advertisement