Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Genuinely not under the impression that all the planets are the same and simply have different colours differentiating. Maybe you're right. I read through the various guides last week and saw enough said to make me think that will not be the case. I'm willing to risk €60 for potentially epic results.
    There's a limit amount of combinations. It goes without saying. They are developers, not gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Parcel Motel have informed me my game is available to collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

My your own story. I won't rest until I find a Red, Yellow and Green planet I can call Carlow.

It'll be full of lads in tracksuits with neck tattoos drinking Stella within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It'll be full of lads in tracksuits with neck tattoos drinking Stella within minutes.

Ah is that not Crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Hey just wondering if I buy this on the PSN store does it become playable at midnight tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if I buy this on the PSN store does it become playable at midnight tonight?

Yep. Preload it.

I think a day 1 patch may come at some point to stall it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tyrion1234 wrote: »

Yes, and you can download it now. 3hr 45mins to go on the clock on the PS4 menu. Patch 1.03 comes with the digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

As I did not get my copy today from TGC (and hopefully I get it tomorrow) I just want to say I hate everyone who gets to play it today/tonight. :P :pac:

Avoiding everything,spoilers,videos,news until I can sit down with it. I'm sure I will end up spending hours on it and forget who or where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm thinking the delayed PC release might be a good thing for me. With the hype having died down a bit, the pros and cons should be clearer before I commit to a purchase. If I pick it up it will be the most expensive PC game I'll have bought in a very long time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got my text from the folks in Smyth's in Swords that it will be ready for collection tomorrow.
    Sadly I'm on duty, so it's a quick zip in, pick up the game, back to work and spend the next 10 hours gazing at the game, unable to play it probably until Thursday... bugger...
    Don't find all the planets without me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

PS4 just had a freeze after playing for 1 hour

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

As I did not get my copy today from TGC (and hopefully I get it tomorrow) I just want to say I hate everyone who gets to play it today/tonight. :P :pac:

Avoiding everything,spoilers,videos,news until I can sit down with it. I'm sure I will end up spending hours on it and forget who or where I am.

I'll probably go up and get it tomorrow morning. I'm absolutely shattered right now so I'll give it a solid run through until at least lunch time tomorrow. I just know that I'll forgo sleep if I pick it up tonight.

Hoping also that there'll be a preset drop in the PS4 headset companion app for the full experience. Charged controller/headset in preparation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    PS4 just had a freeze after playing for 1 hour

Update: lost everything, back at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I see what you are saying but if the planets are only superficially different... whats the point of exploring them? If they are all just variations of code for colour and plants, can there be any surprises really?

I've gone from super hype to massive trepidation in 24 hours.

Im going to buy a game todayl tomorrow but not sure whether this should be my choice now.

thats sort of the impression jim sterling gave from his initial time with it (video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aLNKkjzoWQ )

one of the key points he brings up is that you can very easily spot how each species are actually put together in a *lego* fashion from the same elements.

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think I'll wait and get in the bargain bins in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sometimes it's worth it to buy at launch, not often I'll grant you but sometimes.
    I'd place most WiiU 1st party releases in this category, and anything in the Ico or Souls series, but this looks special so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Sarn wrote: »
    I'm thinking the delayed PC release might be a good thing for me. With the hype having died down a bit, the pros and cons should be clearer before I commit to a purchase. If I pick it up it will be the most expensive PC game I'll have bought in a very long time.

I'm about the same. Was so hyped last week but the more I hear the less I like.
    Can't see myself paying 50-60 quid for it

Would possibly have only been 30 if Sony weren't involved

It is a genius idea though. I do want to play it too. I guess theres an element of childlike wonder which is cool.

The price point is a bit of a stickler, but then its cheaper than other new releases at 59.99.

This game has the potential to be one of those 'experiences' in gaming though, so I dont really want to miss out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

qrx wrote: »
    There's a limit amount of combinations. It goes without saying. They are developers, not gods.

Gods? What other gods are there Crilly?

• Advertisement

I think I'll wait and get in the bargain bins in a few weeks.

You don't even have a PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone seen anyone choose not to follow the Atlas route? Curious what that looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2 twitchers met up on the same planet at the same time but turns out they couldn't see each other.

http://kotaku.com/two-no-mans-sky-players-wound-up-on-the-same-planet-bu-1785051898?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Game seems really interesting but i think I'd get bored pretty quickly and 60 quid seems a bit much. Will be interesting to read people's experiences on here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am just looking at it and then I remember that thing like Space Engineers is out there... for very long time too...

If you looking for something like this, but a lot more of actual building, I would just get the bundle going on Humble bundle for 4 quid with other good games and wait for this to drop in price. I cant see this game be worth spending 60 quid that steam sells it for!

https://www.humblebundle.com/survive-this-bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

**** it, took the plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Feck it, just got it. Hope it's worth it.

Fook it! Just bought it too, downloading now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You don't even have a PS4...

That's what he's gonna pick up in the bargain bin, once the PS4k is announced next month :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wish game shops had actual bargain bins, wasn't so long ago one could actually go rummaging and actually find something of worth. Alas, a rarity now :(

Anyway, buy the game, don't buy the game, wait, whatever... Just do what you want (and can afford). Personally I have no interest in playing some other space game over it: it's the very particular look, identity and tone of this game particularly that has me interested :)

I'd almost be tempted to pick it up on PS4, but the draw of the higher frame rate is just too high. Roll on Friday anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Reports so far are that crashs on the PS4 are very common for some. Others have had the game crash 10mins in while others have put 10hrs plus in without a glitch.

Advertisement