Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Everyone all set? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Joint is being rolled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Everyone all set? :)

yep all set for bed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Three more hours of work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

game has 10 minutes left of downloading. Gah,hurrryyyyyyy uuuup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Reports so far are that crashs on the PS4 are very common for some. Others have had the game crash 10mins in while others have put 10hrs plus in without a glitch.

Mine just crashed after about an hour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Really enjoying it so far. It's a bit thrown in the deep end at first but it's exactly what I was expecting. Loving the ambient sounds. I'm finding the narrow FOV very restrictive though, don't know if that's what they were going for design wise to convey the fact you are wearing a helmet but I'd like the option to increase the FOV on PS4 like you can in Doom and Borderlands.

Thumbs up so far. Almost an hour in and I did feel the time slip by, won't be able for work in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Can you start over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Seems great, but my God I've never felt so sick playing a game before. Somethings not right with the movement for me.

Seems great, but my God I've never felt so sick playing a game before. Somethings not right with the movement for me.

That's the narrow FOV setting, it causes motion sickness in some people. There are a few games I just can't play because of it or only in short intervals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

so much for millions and millions of miles away from each other so chances of *meeting* another player is impossible: http://kotaku.com/two-no-mans-sky-players-wound-up-on-the-same-planet-bu-1785051898?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Truth is you cant meet other players full stop.

EDIT: Some comments in that post highlight that the game not only has a vast universe but there is also now a matter of being in different time periods.

further edit: The streamers are saying there may be bugs that blocked them so they are currently online testing things so if you want to see if they are able to find each other follow this stream from 2am (9pm their time) : http://multitwitch.tv/psytokat/thesadcactus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

im too tired to go on. So far im having the crack. Just looking for some zinc to fix me ship, 2 zinc to be exact but the planet I got isn't great for resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mine just crashed after about an hour :(

Just crashed here too, after about 2 hours. Fun though, I still havent left my first planet.

I wanted yo name my first planet Tir na Nog but ****ed up so now its just 'Tir' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Such a relaxing game. 4 hours of chilled out exploring and figuring stuff out. I like it a lot so far.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I wanted yo name my first planet Tir na Nog but ****ed up so now its just 'Tir' :pac:

Still a daycent name.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    so much for millions and millions of miles away from each other so chances of *meeting* another player is impossible: http://kotaku.com/two-no-mans-sky-players-wound-up-on-the-same-planet-bu-1785051898?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Truth is you cant meet other players full stop.

EDIT: Some comments in that post highlight that the game not only has a vast universe but there is also now a matter of being in different time periods.

further edit: The streamers are saying there may be bugs that blocked them so they are currently online testing things so if you want to see if they are able to find each other follow this stream from 2am (9pm their time) : http://multitwitch.tv/psytokat/thesadcactus

Apparently one of them wasn't even signed into PSN. The devs also posted that there are server issues, which would explain it.

Hopefully it is the case, as it would be a shame if it wasn't true that players could meet (even if it's massively unlikely). For me though, i don't really care. I've absolutely no interest in this as a multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Hmmmm. I might have to pass on this then. Same reason I can't play Borderlands.

Hmmmm. I might have to pass on this then. Same reason I can't play Borderlands.

Just a suggestion (I've never experienced it myself): would playing a YouTube clip in full screen simulate the same thing, to give you an indication of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My latest planet by day
    https://imgur.com/dRgKI5V

And by night
    https://imgur.com/Itcvff2

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    My latest planet by day

And by night

This game looks stunning. Might buy an extra copy to support the devs a little more to weather them through what will no doubt be a **** show couple of weeks as assholes get their mitts on the game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So is flight noticeably different in and out of an atmosphere? Do planet's sizes effect their gravity and how easy it is to land or how much power you need to get back into space?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    My latest planet by day

And by night

Savage looking. Really can't wait until Friday.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So is flight noticeably different in and out of an atmosphere? Do planet's sizes effect their gravity and how easy it is to land or how much power you need to get back into space?

No, it's not a sim at all.

There are no gas giant planets in it for example, and it compresses the transition from atmosphere of a planet or moon to space for gameplay purposes.

Planets do have different temperature ranges during the day and night however and they do rotate. On my first planet it was -5C during the day but dropped to -20-27C at night which put a strain on my survival suit. The higher up a mountain I went at night the colder it got.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Has anyone seen or heard what the game is like if you choose to not follow the atlas route when given the choice after the tutorial?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Has anyone seen or heard what the game is like if you choose to not follow the atlas route when given the choice after the tutorial?

You are given the choice right at the start before the tutorial even begins. I went the Atlas route myself, you can stop anytime and just wonder off and not bother with any guidance if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Anyone manage to get this in Argos today? Nothing coming up online for it yet, no price or availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

VinLieger wrote: »

It will be different for everyone because you can decide to go a different route at any time. I'm kinda following it, and after 9 hours of solid play, I've only warped about 6 times (from one solar system to another). Flying near the planets surface is the slowest, faster in space and fastest when warping.

I've spent the majority of my time so far in the one system, trying to learn the language as there's some device that I need to understand the language in order to open. I feel like I've learned a lot of it, but most conversations are still foreign interspersed with learned words.

It's a truly massive game. I haven't even got the full scope of it yet, but it already feels bigger than anything else before it. For those who have put in a good few hours, in the galactic map,
    you have the option for the Atlas route, the centre route, and free route, but there are 2 more dots to possibly indicate a larger map jump. Anyone got that far yet?

Currently have a 10 slot multi tool, a 12 slot exo, and a 19 slot ship. The ability to buy any docked ship is pretty cool, and gives an indication of how far into a game one must be to obtain certain ships without paying. Plus I've had my ass handed to me in every space battle so far. Seriously need some good shield upgrades, or to try and get better at flying!

There's just so much in this, I hope it can keep it up! Off to bed for a couple of hours and back onto this asap!

Also, that picture where the 2 players met up, is it just me or does the background not match? In the top left, one has a column, the other a round rock... I know there are server issues, my online connection was constantly up and down. Cool that you can scan to see if anyone has made any discoveries in that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Played about 6 hours yesterday,no crashes and only slight frame rate dips when in my ship,other than that im really enjoying it,i don't think streams do it justice tbh as you are choosing your own path when playing,i spent most of my time on one planet,discovered all but two of the species living there and found all the transmission beacons,
    you get alot of money for discovering everything on one planet,as for plot,i reckon there is one there but it wont reveal itself full till later on in the game,learning languages of the 3 races seems to be tied to this..

So far i can say its definitely not for everyone but i am really enjoying its relaxed pace..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

You are given the choice right at the start before the tutorial even begins. I went the Atlas route myself, you can stop anytime and just wonder off and not bother with any guidance if you want.

Yeah I saw the choice on a stream the free route seems to indicate you can follow and look for something else as well? Didn't really understand and choice was made very quickly when I was watching.

Good to know by picking atlas your not stuck on a hard path though, that was my concern

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

wasn't tempted at the start but contemplating getting on PC tomorrow. the relaxed game might be a nice change, something to do which doesn't require 100% focus and could be played with a match on in the background with the winter coming

Advertisement