Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

That's the narrow FOV setting, it causes motion sickness in some people. There are a few games I just can't play because of it or only in short intervals.

Killzone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'd wish I'd known it makes people sick, I wouldn't have bought it since I'm chronic for that in all sorts of first person stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

mossym wrote: »
    wasn't tempted at the start but contemplating getting on PC tomorrow. the relaxed game might be a nice change, something to do which doesn't require 100% focus and could be played with a match on in the background with the winter coming

Im thinking the same. my OH is not a fan of violent games either so the exploring and cool visuals might make for a nice couch co-op experience for us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    further edit: The streamers are saying there may be bugs that blocked them so they are currently online testing things so if you want to see if they are able to find each other follow this stream from 2am (9pm their time) : http://multitwitch.tv/psytokat/thesadcactus

They never managed though tried almost everything to do so. Their guns rendered but not the players 'bodies' which suggests that there is certainly no multiplayer in the game. Some may not care but it's a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got off my first planet, after fixing my ship. Redeemed the pre-order ship, and it already has a warp drive :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is it worth buying a PS4 console to play?im pretty tempted just picking up a graded console on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

wes wrote: »
    Got off my first planet, after fixing my ship. Redeemed the pre-order ship, and it already has a warp drive :D.

i pre-ordered it but there was no pre-order bonus with Base.com.. so after 6 hours of play i have my warp drive built!

Although the ship you get at the start looks ****e.

Is it worth buying a PS4 console to play?im pretty tempted just picking up a graded console on Amazon.

Yes!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have you watched the streams? while i'm sure a lot will love it, it strikes me as a game that most will tire of pretty quickly. one thing to fork out for the game and run the risk of getting bored of it quickly, another to plump for a whole console. is there anything else coming on ps4 that interests you that would make it worthwhile??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wait til October for the Neo....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Still haven't left my first planet, really enjoying just wandering around so far. I didn't go the Atlas route, hopefully that won't penalise me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm yet to play this game but the likes of Uncharted, The Last Of Us and upcoming titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn would say it's worth owning a PS4 for sure but that depends on you, your taste and your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just purchased on steam. If this had had the A-Typical style of MP, most probably would have been a PS4 purchase.

I think that choosing Atlas or Free Roam will both have their own "Special Event" type thing, so one way or the other you wont feel like you've hampered yourself too much. Plus, if the goal of reaching "The Centre" only takes 40/50 hours, you could have the option to go again on the alternate path.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fieldog wrote: »
    Wait til October for the Neo....

Yeah hold off for the Neo, it's due on October 13th.

No point in buying a current PS4 model at this stage as it will be discounted heavily come October.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Anyone know where's the best place to buy this for PS4? Smyths is selling it for 65 but I can't see prices for other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get this in Argos today? Nothing coming up online for it yet, no price or availability.

I searched and got the cat# 505/9300 for it, but the link to the product seemed dead. Honestly, they are probably waiting to get the go ahead to sell it from someone who doesn't know that it's been released yet :)
    Ponster wrote: »
    Some may not care but it's a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

I'm curious though, as if this game had MP, I'd turn it off before playing personally. What is it that you think MP would bring to a standalone space explorer survival game? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

rejkin wrote: »
    Anyone know where's the best place to buy this for PS4? Smyths is selling it for 65 but I can't see prices for other places.

If you can wait and order it today, Base.com are selling it for £43.99 (€51.39) Use Parcel Motel/Wizard and it still works out a lot cheaper than buying it here.

You'd probably get it by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

That_Guy wrote: »
    If you can wait and order it today, Base.com are selling it for £43.99 (€51.39) Use Parcel Motel/Wizard and it still works out a lot cheaper than buying it here.

You'd probably get it by Friday.

It looks like they are out of stock, I have emailed them about it. Might just end up getting it there and waiting, not in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Relieved to hear there is an explanation for those two players not meeting up. I've no intention of playing with anyone else but the idea that I could run into someone is cool.

Mind=blown that it happened already.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm curious though, as if this game had MP, I'd turn it off before playing personally. What is it that you think MP would bring to a standalone space explorer survival game? :)

Pretty much everything that I got out of Minecraft, another open-world survival game. I understood about the distances between people and the unlikeliness of meeting up but that just highlighted how special it would be for 2 players to meet up and either team up together or shoot each other. Just the sense of knowing that there were others out there and that I could stumble upon someone would be enough. To be honest I've not played a single-player game in a long time. I have 1 hour clocked on GTA-V single-player and 195 multiplayer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

, it would be for 2 players to meet up and either team up together or shoot each other.

That's the reason I gave up on GTA online, every time I've tried to play it, high level players would just constantly seek me out on the map and gun me down. I was still on the tutorial trying to get to grips with it. Just gave up in the end with the amount of twats playing it. I'm more into co-op MP than PvP. The GTA single player experience is far better and more enjoyable than the amount of muppets that play the game online.

If NMS was just like that I wouldn't play it either. Can't stand griefing in MP games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

VinLieger wrote: »
    Has anyone seen or heard what the game is like if you choose to not follow the atlas route when given the choice after the tutorial?

Thats what I did.

Pretty much everything that I got out of Minecraft, another open-world survival game. I understood about the distances between people and the unlikeliness of meeting up but that just highlighted how special it would be for 2 players to meet up and either team up together or shoot each other. Just the sense of knowing that there were others out there and that I could stumble upon someone would be enough. To be honest I've not played a single-player game in a long time. I have 1 hour clocked on GTA-V single-player and 195 multiplayer :)

I get it, and I have no intention of trying to talk you out of your opinion, I was just curious :)

If the game was open like open like that, the minute the first person took an action against me that would cause me to lose out, I'd turn off the game and never play it again. :D If you're playing with friends, it could enhance the experience, but if you are playing with gen pop, then forget about it haha

I have played through the campaign of gta-v on 5 different platforms, so around 250 hours, but have 165 hours in gta-online. 10 to 15 of those hours spent in public lobbies I'd say, with them being the worst time I ever had in the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Still haven't left my first planet, really enjoying just wandering around so far. I didn't go the Atlas route, hopefully that won't penalise me later.

Sure who is Atlas? We don't know him from Adam. Atlas can fupp off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I love the idea of a full multiplayer element. As rare as it would be, to come across another player could be an awesome experience. Or to play with a friend. Yes some players will take the opportunity to quickly gank you, but as long as the game incorporates a proper respawning system it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: A game that comes to mind with a terrible spawning system was Red Dead Redemption. Some lad would one-shot you with a powerful rifle and you'd respawn in close proximity to the shooter. If he's positioned at a high vantage point, you're cannon fodder.

I get it, and I have no intention of trying to talk you out of your opinion, I was just curious :)

If the game was open like open like that, the minute the first person took an action against me that would cause me to lose out, I'd turn off the game and never play it again. :D If you're playing with friends, it could enhance the experience, but if you are playing with gen pop, then forget about it haha

I have played through the campaign of gta-v on 5 different platforms, so around 250 hours, but have 165 hours in gta-online. 10 to 15 of those hours spent in public lobbies I'd say, with them being the worst time I ever had in the game :)

:)

Rust then would be a better example. Having to start the game fending for yourself and either choosing to either team up with others or stick it out on your own with the advantages and disadvantages that comes with it.

In EVE I tend to play solo most of the time but knowing that all of those others are out there doing their own thing that I can choose to either ignore or have to be wary of adds an edge that I find single-player games don't offer me anymore.

10 to 15 of those hours spent in public lobbies I'd say, with them being the worst time I ever had in the game :)

GTA MP was the worst..just griefers everywhere..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Sounds like you are looking for the same experience except in a different sandbox. Really hope your opinion doesnt take over the gaming industry.

:)

Rust then would be a better example. Having to start the game fending for yourself and either choosing to either team up with others or stick it out on your own with the advantages and disadvantages that comes with it.

In EVE I tend to play solo most of the time but knowing that all of those others are out there doing their own thing that I can choose to either ignore or have to be wary of adds an edge that I find single-player games don't offer me anymore.

It could turn out to be a lot like Rust, there's still a lot of unknowns about NMS, it wouldn't surprise me if you could team up with AI factions for some sort of alliance. Pure speculation, of course :)
    bigphil2 wrote: »
    GTA MP was the worst..just griefers everywhere..

It's a hack-fest at the moment and R* don't give a flying fcuk about it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sure who is Atlas? We don't know him from Adam. Atlas can fupp off!

Would you kindly refer to him as Frank Fontaine?

Advertisement