Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

15 mins in and it's crashed me out... Not a good start....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are there ruins to explore on the planets or are they all just natural terrain? Is there unique loot to be found or is it all just mining and crafting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Thargor wrote: »
    Are there ruins to explore on the planets or are they all just natural terrain? Is there unique loot to be found or is it all just mining and crafting?

There are Monolithic type structures to find. Each one will help you learn some of the language of an alien race, provided you choose wisely.

b49eeba0b7ea5a0f63eb4f9cfaf43439877766abc16b4fe9edc2ff2e08abc1e9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

69.99 in Argos according to the lady in Omni Park, Argos don't seem to be doing gamers a good turn anymore....

Smyth's it is...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you have redeemed the pre-booking ship... how did you do it? Do you have to fix the beginning ship first or can you jump straight to that pre-bookers ship?

To those saying it looks grindy , you're judging it on a lot of "First x hours" videos, and that might be unfair. It would be like saying "Civ 5... you start as a troup of cavemen and wander around a bunch of hexes."

(So long as it has Thrustmaster support I'm happy :))

Tom.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    69.99 in Argos according to the lady in Omni Park, Argos don't seem to be doing gamers a good turn anymore....

Smyth's it is...

Argos Family Discount. Gotta love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Hi lads just a quick question has anyone who's ordered from TGC received their copy yet? I didn't use parcel motel, haven't an account but will in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Ye enjoying this so far lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^Yes! Although now I'm eating a sandwich while trying to fly into a sun. Not having luck with that just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SirJoker

It's so fu... MUCH incredible. I'm so hyped for this. Love the way they created it and can't wait to start exploring this. I'll be moving to Cardiff soon so I hope my old notebook will be capable of running this game. :D Don't you know how hard are the preferences for the PC? And when is the release date? I know that the pre-sale already started so I'm saving money now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are there underground caves/caverns to explore? like in minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This game looks stunning. Might buy an extra copy to support the devs a little more to weather them through what will no doubt be a **** show couple of weeks as assholes get their mitts on the game.

Lol arent you precious.....has to be a joke right?

Why on earth would it bother you what other people think of the game?

Guess some people are so vested in their own opinion being right everyone who doesnt agree is an a**hole. Seems to be a good bit of that going around when it comes to this game. On both sides.

Personally im still waiting on the PC version,if early reports suggest its a decent port and not a bug ridden mess ill be picking it up over the weekend.

Are there underground caves/caverns to explore? like in minecraft.

There are indeed. And it appears to be fairly easy to get lost early on, at least until you upgrade your weapon thingy to blast holes in the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ye enjoying this so far lads?

Yes,very much so..

I like that you can take your sweet time to do things if you want,but progression/upgrades compells you to explore,which in turn helps with the over all goal..
    Dunno how long ill end up playing it for but im guessing between 50-100 hrs seems like a reasonable estimate at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

EoinHef wrote: »

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

EoinHef wrote: »

Why on earth would it bother you what other people think of the game?

Guess some people are so vested in their own opinion being right everyone who doesnt agree is an a**hole. Seems to be a good bit of that going around when it comes to this game. On both sides.

Personally im still waiting on the PC version,if early reports suggest its a decent port and not a bug ridden mess ill be picking it up over the weekend.

Do you know what the PC price is goina be?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There are indeed. And it appears to be fairly easy to get lost early on, at least until you upgrade your weapon thingy to blast holes in the surface.

Cool, I loved that in minecraft, stumbling into a cave and trying not to get lost...

So would ye say its minecraft in space, minus building aspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Drexel wrote: »

60 euro

Ive was planning on investing in this, but the **** storm on reddit over the multiplayer has put me right off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

base building was mentioned to be a possible future addition in yesterday live Twitch stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Depends where your comfortable buying it really,if its a key seller it looks to be around €50,if from steam its €60. GOG are doing an offer where you pay €60 and get €5.50 in credit towards future purchases so if you want to go to an official retailer they look to have the best deal. The GOG offer is for pre order btw so you would have to buy before friday to get it i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I done parked my ship real good

I don't like minecraft so I'm guessing I won't like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

60 euro

Ive was planning on investing in this, but the **** storm on reddit over the multiplayer has put me right off.

Regarding the whole multiplayer thing not working, its worth noting that hellogames have said it should have worked and it may be caused by the huge server load so it might actually work when things settle down. My 2 cents is that people are getting far too worked up about something so irrelevant which may just be a bug/error. People need to relax and enjoy the game for what it is instead if wasting energy on this witchhunt

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I don't like minecraft so I'm guessing I won't like this?

It depends on what you didnt like about Minecraft really.. Im not a fan of that game at all but i love this..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

60 euro

Its just the usual reddit circle jerk over whatever has riled them up today, most of them haven't even read the updates from murray about what is likely to have happened and are too caught up in their own self righteous indignation to actual take any time to read into the facts

Cool, I loved that in minecraft, stumbling into a cave and trying not to get lost...

Haven't got my hands on it yet, waiting for Fridays PC release. Apart from building structures, it looks to be in the same vein as Minecraft / Starbound. RPG style upgrading of gear and ship components. It's hard to tell how prevalent the resource gathering will be the further we go towards the centre, so that aspect could be top heavy early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I was walking past Gamestop and I ventured in for some impulse buying.

€74.99.

Impulse over.

So I went for Red Dead Redemption for €18 in CeX. I've heard great things so that's me sorted for the next month.

Hopefully some of the universe will be left by the time No Man's Sky is on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Pickpocket wrote: »

€74.99.

Impulse over.

So I went for Red Dead Redemption for €18 in CeX. I've heard great things so that's me sorted for the next month.

Hopefully some of the universe will be left by the time No Man's Sky is on sale!

Great choice you will not regret that purchase

Pickpocket wrote: »

€74.99.

Impulse over.

Compared to GS prices, EVERYWHERE ELSE has it at sale prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

VinLieger wrote: »
    Great choice you will not regret that purchase

Cheers, really looking forward to it!

For most of the last gen I was into FIFA and Modern Warfare. Pick up and play type stuff. So I've one hell of a backlog to get through!

And I've just hooked up my Dualshock 4 to the PS3 which has breathed new life into the console.

Perhaps I'll stay a generation behind from now on and have everything on the cheap!

Advertisement