Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I found somewhere that i can get this for 30 quid and i am really tempted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Kirby wrote: »
    I had a load of valuable stuff in my cargo hold. The game knows this so it spawned pirates on me. They shot me down. Respawned and all the stuff in my cargo hold is gone and some of my ships parts are damaged. :P

I lost a load of stuff but that element of danger is a good thing I suppose.

When you respawn, look for a "graveyard" marker. Fly into it and get all your stuff back! Have had to do that with every encounter so far. Can't win a fight!

Also, 12+ hours and no crashes for me. I did find and take a black hole. Was 176k light-years away before, 174k now. Apparently the black hole brought me past the centre and kept going... And now the atlas marker is beyond the centre.......

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I found somewhere that i can get this for 30 quid and i am really tempted :D

Care to share?

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Care to share?

Not sure what the rules are here about posting account selling websites :confused:

EDIT: The site in question just raised the price to 35 and is promising delivery "within 48 hours". Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not sure what the rules are here about posting account selling websites :confused:

EDIT: The site in question just raised the price to 35 and is promising delivery "within 48 hours". Ignore.

Account selling sites are pure dodge, but hey ho...

It's your money... :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Account selling sites are pure dodge, but hey ho...

It's your money... :)

My 19 quid launch day copy of Overwatch begs to differ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My 19 quid launch day copy of Overwatch begs to differ :P

Fair enough, just change the PW after! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Update - gonna have to stop. Playing it is making me dizzy and sick. ****s sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

When I first went into space I got a Conoly Wars (PS1) kinda feel to it.

Some of the music has an EVE Online feel to it too when in space.

I've only played about an hour so far but I find it amazing. So much detail and the land scape on my first planet looked like something out of Fallout and with the music in the background it was a spine chilling moment.

Some of the creatures I have found are a serious WTF. One looks like he has his head up his arse :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

After being on Two plants and a space station. I am finding it very interesting.

The 1st plant was cold and had toxic rain and toxic air lovely place and these strange bug things would attack me if i went into any cave.

The 2nd was where i got a signal and meet a guy who gave me a blueprint to upgrade my ship.

I played for over 2 hours and i did not fell like i was playing it for that long as it was very enjoyable.

So far for me its a 9 out of 10. It has kind of lived up to the hype so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Quick question, has anyone managed to scan flying creatures? I have some on the planet I'm on, which I am sure are part of the codex. I can't scan them when they are in the air and if I shoot them they just disappear. Annoying me no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just starting to realise that I might have screwed myself. I said no to the path of Atlas glowing red thing at the very start and reckon I might be missing out on the story now. Should I restart? Probably 3 to 4 hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've been playing for hours and still can't figure out how to
    get those pass keys for some chests and doors
    . :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mickstupp wrote: »

Craft them in your inventory. Press square on empty slot.

Quick question, has anyone managed to scan flying creatures? I have some on the planet I'm on, which I am sure are part of the codex. I can't scan them when they are in the air and if I shoot them they just disappear. Annoying me no end.

They failed to scan for me too.

Just starting to realise that I might have screwed myself. I said no to the path of Atlas glowing red thing at the very start and reckon I might be missing out on the story now. Should I restart? Probably 3 to 4 hours in.

No

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Craft them in your inventory. Press square on empty slot.
    Don't have the recipe. Don't know where to find it. Perplexing.

Got one a few minutes ago. Took ages! Found some flying over a cabin and stood on the roof until I got it. So it can definitely be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not sure if this is a spoiler ridden post but for those that don't want to read anything in the early days then I'll use spoiler tags.
    You could also go to a space station and buy/sell items that are needed to craft certain items.

Also, just on free roam vs atlas route. I'm almost certain you can flick back and forth when you install the hyperdrive and open up the map. R1/L1 changes from Atlas route to free roam mode as far as I can tell.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but won't get to play it until the weekend. Just to say lads... thank you for being so civil and marking spoilers, etc. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Enjoying the game but it has crashed 3 times in 2 hours. Not good having to replay the same area over again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got one a few minutes ago. Took ages! Found some flying over a cabin and stood on the roof until I got it. So it can definitely be done.

Saw a streamer having issues so he killed one and was able to scan the corpse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

VinLieger wrote: »
    Saw a streamer having issues so he killed one and was able to scan the corpse

The first time I encountered a flying creature I managed to scan it; it was gliding motionless in the same spot. Haven't seen that glitch again, so I just shoot them down.

Just spent the last 2.5 hours on a planet trying to find the last creature I needed to scan for 100%. Searched high and low, day and night, but no luck. Frustrating to say the least.

I had gone all day without seeing any crash, but I've had two this evening. One while gathering resources - lost everything I'd scanned since I hadn't visited an outpost. Second time was while I was 'warping'. Auto-saving would be a useful addition to prevent heart-break if your game crashes.

Inventory management is horrible. Nearly as bad as Dead Island. I managed to boost my exosuit to hold 23 items, so that's helping.

Great game so far. I've logged a lot of hours today - it's rare that I've the opportunity to get stuck into a game like this. I do think that I'll tire of the formula pretty quick. The cycle of travel to a planet and discover everything on it is going to get really old, really quick. I know some people get a kick out of gathering resources and collectables, but it's never been for me.

I'm hoping some form of story kicks in, or I start encountering some space dogfights (haven't met a pirate yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I done parked my ship real good

My parking wasn't as bad, at least I could slowly walk up to my ship.

XKJOubZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Notorious wrote: »
    Inventory management is horrible. Nearly as bad as Dead Island. I managed to boost my exosuit to hold 23 items, so that's helping.

How'd you manage that? I'm still very early into it and hate having to move things around and what not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

thorbarry wrote: »
    How'd you manage that? I'm still very early into it and hate having to move things around and what not

Kept looking out for Drop Pods (cone shaped pods with a blue forcefield on one side). On one planet I found about six pods. In each one you can buy one extra slot for your exosuit with the price increasing each time. Think my last slot cost 90000u.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

My god everyone of the big streamers currently playing this are such whiny m0therfvckers, *shock* its not a multiplayer shooter in space *shock*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

VinLieger wrote: »
    My god everyone of the big streamers currently playing this are such whiny m0therfvckers, *shock* its not a multiplayer shooter in space *shock*

That's exactly why I ain't watching anything they have on. I've pre-ordered and am waiting for PC release hopefully on Friday. I won't be watching any streams before then but the few pics I've seen posted have me really excited for the game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Currently farming gold, the planet I started on is filthy in it. Hoping to hit about a million credits before I leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Upgraded warp drive! Just managed to skip through 5 planets on the path to the centre!

Also, anyone who has the atlaspass v1, the door to the left as you're looking into a space station can be unlocked with it, and always has an exo suit upgrade.

Advertisement