Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Venom wrote: »
    How are you pulling in that kind of cash?

Dock at station, leave ship, go to the non pass card area, return to docking bay and presto loads of ships coming into land. Gek stations have the most fugly looking ships tho.

Every crashed ship I'v come across has 1-2 slots less than my current one :(

Not sure if you've seen this but it is very handy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xo4va/guide_how_to_max_out_your_exosuit_and_ship/

Make sure you take a look at what the different ships coming in are buying and selling. Each type will be looking for different things. There are usually 3 separate options that are selling for +100% ish. You can usually buy from one to sell to another, without even needing to go and sell to the Galactic Trading Terminal.

If the station in your system doesn't have good options, just jump to another system that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I seem to have run into a problem/glitch.

I made the second jump with the warp drive and then my next objective is to save at a location (in this case an abandoned building) and then upload the info.

When I do that the abandoned building marker stays and it still says save at the location and upload the info. I have done everything at the abandoned building but it won't go.

I at first thought it might be the servers as they where down for a while but even when they where back up the objective wouldn't clear.

I tried warping to another location but still the same problem.

Anyone run into this and have a solution?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The distress signals are annoying.
    I get a notification of one, nip off to the co-ordinates in space, only to find myself hunting the icon and nothing else actually there.
    What's the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DeVore wrote: »
    Quick question all...? Here is my tale of woe.

I am almost certain I picked the Atlas option at the start.
    I redeemed the pre-order ship before I got the blueprint for hyperdrive but I'm aware I need to be careful not to buy a ship without one.
    I then bought a ship with a hyperdrive and fuel and jumped to a nearby sun. So far so good.

Now apparently the Atlas guy is back in the first system and while I can jump there, I cant *find* it on the galaxy map. Should I just continue jumping and ignore it, or is there any way to go back to the original system? (Dav ironically alerted me to this issue but I jumped by accident the first time because there is no "Are you sure you'd like to hurl yourself through interstellar space Y/N" check when jumping :( ).

So, should I just press on, or try to go back... or any suggestions?

I think the reason you can't go back is your map is set to waypoint mode aka follow the Atlas path.

Your starter system/planet should be tagged as discovered by you, so maybe try going into free roam mode on the map screen by using the A-D keys and try going back to your starter system that way?

Not being able to make Hyperdrives might be a bigger problem tho as you won't be able to salvage crashed ships.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

rejkin wrote: »
    When I do that the abandoned building marker stays and it still says save at the location and upload the info. I have done everything at the abandoned building but it won't go.
    Did you capture the flag outside the building?

When I say Capture the Flag, I mean this thing:
    No%20Man's%20Sky_20160809234527.jpg

If you don't get them, the building/location won't register as discovered.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I get a notification of one, nip off to the co-ordinates in space, only to find myself hunting the icon and nothing else actually there.
    What's the deal?
    I think they're time sensitive and are usually some mining ships under attack. That was just my impressions having seen a distress signal, flew to it and there being nothing there. The next time I detected one, I made a bee-line for it straight away and got into combat defending some mining ships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Shiminay wrote: »
    Did you capture the flag outside the building?

When I say Capture the Flag, I mean this thing:
    No%20Man's%20Sky_20160809234527.jpg

If you don't get them, the building/location won't register as discovered.

Yeah, did that many times over but no luck. It says saved and shows up on the info screen and I was able to upload it but it hasn't changed.QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Make sure you take a look at what the different ships coming in are buying and selling. Each type will be looking for different things. There are usually 3 separate options that are selling for +100% ish. You can usually buy from one to sell to another, without even needing to go and sell to the Galactic Trading Terminal.

The $:hour ratio might be good on this but I can't imagine anything more boring. Talk about turning a game into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Zillah wrote: »
    The $:hour ratio might be good on this but I can't imagine anything more boring. Talk about turning a game into work.

It's not too bad, just do it for a short burst. You can make a lot of money very quickly. Slap on the Olympics, crack a beer and do some trading on the side.

The way I see it, get your stuff maxed early, then you don't have to bother with it again and you can focus on the exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What's the deal?

I'm guessing the ship that sent the signal has moved (or it's a glitch).
    If you look closely you'll see a small > come up on the HUD when you reach the distress signal, that's pointing you towards the target. That might show up as a tiny green blip when you're facing it. Pulse towards it and it eventually resolves into the attacking ships you're supposed to destroy.

Anyone else notice the duplicated ships in space stations? As in, I'm talking to Engineer Glak about possibly buying his ship. I end the conversation, turn around to the new identical ship that's landed ... it's Engineer Glak again, though now has one slot more. Another identical Engineer Glak lands before I leave the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Advertisement

I never get tired of seeing this. It's an awful mess of a creature, but it's expected that a procedural system will have some unusual extremes. I've seen tons of far more cool creatures. I'll upload some gifs tonight of a flying buffalo I saw!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I love the music in the second part :laugh:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm still on the fence about whether or not to get this game or if I should get it on pc or PS .
    I get the potential and it looks interesting enough.

It's first person, why would you even consider the PS4? Better graphics, no FOV slider on PS4...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've held off for the time being, and will see if some of the performance issues have been sorted with the upcoming patch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ordinarily I'd agree Zillah, but the game runs a lot better on the PS4 than the PC (although it crashes WAY more).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Ordinarily I'd agree Zillah, but the game runs a lot better on the PS4 than the PC (although it crashes WAY more).

I dont think the problems with PC are across the board. I have a middle of the range pc, get the occasional drops in FPS, but no crashes and it has mostly been fine. I have AA and anisotropic filtering turned off however as am playing at 3440 x 1440 resolution on a relatively old card! I dont know if having those off made a much of a difference

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game is pretty much unplayable for me on PC and I've a beast of a system.

My advice is to get it and try it out on PC. I knew within the first 10 minutes that there was no way the game was playable on my system so was able to get a steam refund pretty easily. If you are having trouble with the game you'll know quick enough and the steam refund policy is handy in that regard. The technical issues seem to be a lottery whether it works on your system or not.

Depends entirely on the system. I've forced mine to run at UHD scaled down to 1080 and it stills runs perfectly. Haven't had a single crash.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The game is pretty much unplayable for me on PC and I've a beast of a system.

My advice is to get it and try it out on PC. I knew within the first 10 minutes that there was no way the game was playable on my system so was able to get a steam refund pretty easily. If you are having trouble with the game you'll know quick enough and the steam refund policy is handy in that regard. The technical issues seem to be a lottery whether it works on your system or not.

You probably did already, but...did you change the default max FPS? Mine was unplayable junk until I reconfigured the graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

rejkin wrote: »
    I seem to have run into a problem/glitch.

I made the second jump with the warp drive and then my next objective is to save at a location (in this case an abandoned building) and then upload the info.

I at first thought it might be the servers as they where down for a while but even when they where back up the objective wouldn't clear.

I tried warping to another location but still the same problem.

Anyone run into this and have a solution?

I had it myself last night.

I scanned in space and the game pointed me towards an abandoned building. I landed and went inside, but the terminal appeared to have been used already.
    I tried to clear it by local scanning, saving, flying away and coming back! Nothing worked.

The way I got rid of it, was to warp to a new star system :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing at this point.
    I've got a ship with a couple of warp upgrades, so distance isn't that much of an issue.

But as far as prompts go it seems to be just, keep visiting the next
    Atlas station
    As soon as I do, get prompted to open the map and visit the next one. That's it, just done about 3 in a row now.
    Is something else going to happen at some point?

I'm skipping the waypoints on each jump to save on warp cells, since I have the range to go straight to the station. Maybe that's it, and hitting one of the waypoints will trigger something?

Something happens when you have seven Atlas stones, apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zillah wrote: »
    You probably did already, but...did you change the default max FPS? Mine was unplayable junk until I reconfigured the graphics.

Did everything the reddit threads suggested and got no where. Couldn't hit 60 FPS and I had constant hitches, some up to 1 second long. It made me feel sick which is a first for a game. Anyway I got a refund so can't do anything about it but what I've played of the game on a friends PS4 I don't think I'll be buying it again until it's very cheap. I just found it so repetitive and fighting with the inventory was artificial difficulty and just aggravating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ive done it so I can spoiler it if you want.
    Every station you get an atlas stone. On your 10th station you can hand them in and create a star. Basically all this does is allow black holes to show up on your map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

What are your favourite planets you have come across so far?

I love the barren ones most I think. The ones blossoming with life were better at the start but I am loving the dead planets and moons. Makes it feel more like space or something I dunno.

Im on one at the moment that has a dark blue sky. Can see two huge planets in the sky and loads of stars. Its like our moon but all massive peaks and valleys . On the plains there these weird massive dolmen like rock formations everywhere.

Il post a pic when I am home.

Actually if people are interested I will start a pictures thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I found one with an insane amount of Sac Venom. Worth 25-26k each. Normally the sentries would go nuts after mining one, but I shoot them with my Boltcaster and the sentinels are fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Drexel wrote: »

Actually if people are interested I will start a pictures thread.

I think a picture thread would be a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Can this one be the first one?

DEK1MPh.jpg

BananaSaurus!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Grayditch wrote: »
    I found one with an insane amount of Sac Venom. Worth 25-26k each. Normally the sentries would go nuts after mining one, but I shoot them with my Boltcaster and the sentinels are fine with that.

Murder the sentinel beforehand and you have plenty of time to get the venom things.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I landed on a planet with a reasonably good dinosaur on it!
    80892DD5C6E85DB99F461ED811B3465D72481AF1 Was fun, he was huuuge and a passive herbivore.

I think the PC issues are very hit and miss.... I've a GTX 780 card in mine, good but nothing bleeding edge and its running it great very little stuttering, only at the start and then it calms down. I think other people are having nightmares with it so YMMV. I'm still liking the game but I really hope they do a lot more with it because its a great canvas to build a whole narrative in. It needs a lot more surprises and "things-at-the-bottom-of-cave-systems" if you get me... there needs to be a real reason to go over the next brow of a hill or into a cave.

Advertisement