Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Venom wrote: »
    Yeah the sheer cost in going from a 1mil 22 slot ship to a 4.5mil 28 slot, never mind a 38 mil 31 slot ship( highest I'v seen) is pretty harsh alone before even factoring in the mods and slot layout of a new ship. Suit slot upgrades make much more sense to me, but the 350k units cost for that final 48th slot would still hurt a tad :)
    Saw a 32 slot ship for 13 million yesterday. Thought I was going to do well with my paltry 7 million credits. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Kirby wrote: »
    Can this one be the first one?

BananaSaurus!

Is that the big guys ass or face we are looking at :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

mickstupp wrote:
    Saw a 32 slot ship for 13 million yesterday. Thought I was going to do well with my paltry 7 million credits.

I only have 2.5M units, but have my exist fully loaded now (48 slots btw)

I'm not buying a ship at that cost, searching for crashed ships seems to be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

wyrn wrote: »
    Is is possible to break into a facility without the all seeing eyes knowing? I tried once but I was no match in combat for them.
    Once you're inside for a few seconds, they call off the evil attack search. Or at least that's what happens to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Personally it plays fantastically for me on PC. I'd go as far as saying it's gotten better too, with far less stuttering than I had during the first few hours. If you're on the fence about format, definitely try it on PC before committing to either.

As for beautiful planets, I found this incredible site during a recee of a desert planet - moments like this are the ones that completely sell the game for me :)

F6BF2896-68A3-4523-93D2-17605415E854.jpg[

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mickstupp wrote: »
    Saw a 32 slot ship for 13 million yesterday. Thought I was going to do well with my paltry 7 million credits. :rolleyes:
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I only have 2.5M units, but have my exist fully loaded now (48 slots btw)

I'm not buying a ship at that cost, searching for crashed ships seems to be the way to go.

I just bought a 30 slot ship for 6.2 million so if you shop around you can find them cheaper.

When you visit a space station, the ships are loaded when you arrive even if they havent shown up yet. What I mean by this is if you hang around for 10 minutes, you will have seen all the ships on offer. About a dozen of them. After that they start to show up again so there is no point hanging around. You wont see anything new.

So when you visit a new space station or trade port, another dozen will load and be completely different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I think this game is incredible. Thoroughly enjoying the experience so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

oddly satisfying mining down those breakable resource nodes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Zillah wrote: »
    Every ship I've found has one or two slots more but much worse upgrades, and no way in hell I'm spending days trying to find the resources again.

But isn't that a big part of the game, to a point? Discover the planet, the life-forms, craft things, upgrade...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Found a planet that had been discovered by somebody else that is completely populated with gravitino balls. Spent half an hour just collecting them and either running away from or destroying sentinels

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The Hypnotoad

mickstupp wrote: »
    Once you're inside for a few seconds, they call off the evil attack search. Or at least that's what happens to me!

Just ignore them and keep shooting the door. You'll usually get in before they do any real damage

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Almost every screenshot of this game I see seems like some fecker has taken the yellow color palette, f**ked it at the planet and said
    "Yep, that's me done. Good job all round."

[Not hating on the game, just seems to be the main color SS's I see. Won't be picking it up for a while yet, due to about 30-40 games in the backlog lol]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dickerty wrote: »
    But isn't that a big part of the game, to a point? Discover the planet, the life-forms, craft things, upgrade...

It shouldn't be of the massive grind to tiny benefit ratio sort, and it shouldn't happen dozens of times.

I don't want to have to put mountains of effort and resources into acquiring a tool that is worse than my current tool just so that I can eventually get it to match my current tool, and then maybe, eventually, reach a state where it is a teeny tiny bit better than the old, and then be expected the repeat the process all over again.

In other news, please help: I have not yet found the recipe for building shield shards, which means my environmental upgrades require zinc or titanium to function, making them expensive to the point of being idiotic. Where do I go for a good chance to find a recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's no doubt the upgrade system is all over the place. I find it manageable to an extent, but it's not a tight system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Zillah wrote: »

In other news, please help: I have not yet found the recipe for building shield shards, which means my environmental upgrades require zinc or titanium to function, making them expensive to the point of being idiotic. Where do I go for a good chance to find a recipe?

Even with shield shards they still burn through them like crazy. They're pretty much useless, or so I've found

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My kid is playing it via Steam Share and well........this is fcuking mind blowing :D:confused::D:confused::D

AF532C9574C1F5395DBEE078FC7BD1A87BB9A7DA

Thats both of us there.....

MOH wrote: »
    Even with shield shards they still burn through them like crazy. They're pretty much useless, or so I've found

The shards just cost iron, though, I think, which makes it waaaaaaay more sustainable than titanium or zinc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

But they cost an individual slot in your inventory, one of which could hold the equivalent of 10 shards worth of Iron :)

dreamers - I'm finding "Sexual Tyrannosaurus" funnier than I probably should. This most likely means I should consume no more caffeine for the day :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    But they cost an individual slot in your inventory, one of which could hold the equivalent of 10 shards worth of Iron :)

Build them as you need them! Turn literally in any direction, melt a rock, make a shard. Beats hemorrhaging titanium.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Also is it better to travel around on foot and discover the waypoints (I've 5/6) or go back and fix your ship? I have 1 sentinel that has followed me around the planet. His humming is driving me mad.

Every so often you'll stumble across a structure with a red beam of light coming from it and. When you approach it it'll ask for a Bypass Chip (easy to crafty) and it'll have your ship's name in the title. From here you can have your ship come and fly to you.

Also watch out for Outposts with landing areas. Here you can access the terminal and have your ship follow you without needing the Bypass Chip and when you take off from it you don't use any fuel.
    I've found some sort of manufacturing facility but I can't get in unless I destroy the door when then sends those glados eyes after me.

Don't worry about them, Shoot the door until half dead, then shoot the sentinels and then continue with the door. Once inside they'll soon forget about you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

New Nvidia drivers out today optimised for NMS and the new patch (20Mb) seems to have fixed a lot of issues.

My fps is up, AA seems to work better and alt-tab is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Isn't he usually carrying Ole Painless around with him??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was very surprised given the reports i had read before hand,performance for me on PC was dare i say....good:) No real issues once the stuttering sorted itself.

Gonna get to play a few hours tonight,was too tired after work yesterday but lookigg forward to getting stuck in again later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Updated Nvidia drivers are out folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Found a planet that has plenty of sac venom, and is selling at the spaceship trade post for 50k a piece. Minting it at the minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wish the trading aspect was better - as in you could set up routes buying from one solar system and selling to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just an aside to earlier post,the game is not dropping below 80fps for me @1440p in normal game play. Changed vsync off,max fps 90,FOV 100 and everything else on default.

Just got the anti matter blueprint,so guess im free to really start exploring now. Although im gonna search the planets of my second system for inventory slots! Got an extra 3 in the last hour,have loads of credits for it just a matter of finding the stations

went over to mates to watch him play a bit of this.
    I wasnt sure if i wanted to get it but it sounded right up my ally.
    ( i wasnt on the hype train)
    Lads,
    this is absolute muck!
    A rob at full price,20e maybe but there is no game to actually play.
    more of a chore !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great review.

Advertisement