Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Lads have any of you had those problem with a new ship? Photo cannon at 0% and can't recharge but still shoot and phase beam everytime I shoot hurting my ship instead. Is this a bug i just updated 1.04 patch on ps4.

Unless my game has been glitching all along, the photon cannon is free. Which was obviously not always their intention due to the pop up telling you to recharge them. I had a glitch when the phase beam would hit my ship the first shot after pulsing, but it wasn't continuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Zillah wrote: »
    Unless my game has been glitching all along, the photon cannon is free. Which was obviously not always their intention due to the pop up telling you to recharge them. I had a glitch when the phase beam would hit my ship the first shot after pulsing, but it wasn't continuous.

afaik the photon cannon is infact glitched, it's meant to be recharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Didn't know you could reload the previous save in options and paid the price.

Game glitched and set me under the playable area and underwater. Tried closing and starting again same thibg. Died from lack of oxygen trying to figure out how to get out.

Long story short my grave is about 30 feet under the planet surface. Both my saves have me above. I can't reach it in anyway.

Cracking.

Anyone have any idea how I can get it back?

So eh... Atlas stones, are they limited? As in once they gone they gone? That and the atlas pass are they only really annoying things I've lost.

Edit: urghhh so died again ha ha fecking space pirates and the grave moved but has nothing from my original death. Guess it's a dark souls type setup. The rarest of stuff lost

Sadness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Found warp reactor thau during a random wander, delighted to finally be able to head to those green planets that have been teasing me. Now, where were those aluminum and nickel stocks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's so much Nickel in orbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Still haven't left my crash planet...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Found warp reactor thau during a random wander, delighted to finally be able to head to those green planets that have been teasing me. Now, where were those aluminum and nickel stocks again...

Finding nickel on the ground is hard. Its super rare and you only find it on hot planets. Its easier to find it in space. Look for the big asteroids. Most of the space asteroids are thamium and copper....but if you keep warping eventually you will find an asteroid field with nickel.

Aluminium can be found on the ground. It will show up like a block of gold/heridium but unlike them its white coloured.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

So is there no ingame map for the planets you're on ?, to see where you've came from and what you've discovered and all that ?

Been playin afew hours now and im assuming theres no map anyway. sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Danonino. wrote: »

Game glitched and set me under the playable area and underwater. Tried closing and starting again same thibg. Died from lack of oxygen trying to figure out how to get out.

Long story short my grave is about 30 feet under the planet surface. Both my saves have me above. I can't reach it in anyway.

Cracking.

Anyone have any idea how I can get it back?

So eh... Atlas stones, are they limited? As in once they gone they gone? That and the atlas pass are they only really annoying things I've lost.

Edit: urghhh so died again ha ha fecking space pirates and the grave moved but has nothing from my original death. Guess it's a dark souls type setup. The rarest of stuff lost

Sadness

have you tried blasting down to them with the plasma launcher? might be able to burrow down to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Woo! Atlas pass 2!

But where is the 3.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So I played a few hours last night (Wife: "I was going to meet x for dinner", Me: "Yes, you should DEFO do that!")

I managed to get two extra slots for my suit, a new ship with one more slot, about 5 blueprints and an improved multi-tool from my co-conspirator alien friends. Good progress all in all. My planet is pretty decent except for the bastrd crabs, and my moon is CHOCK full of Aluminium, Copper and Emeril. So will shop around for a while yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Superbunnyhop echoing my misgivings about the game:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Danonino. wrote: »

Any time I've reloaded the previous save I've lost all my in-planet waypoints that I'd found (e.g. shelter, transmission tower, etc) even if I'd found them before the save

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats a good review in general but the last two minutes of that review are cringeworthy. I mean talk about being up yourself.

Good read for No Man's Sky, nice to see a more optimistic (if a little nostalgic) point of view:

No Man's Sky is Elite for the 21st century. Pointless? Maybe – but also sublime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Good read for No Man's Sky, nice to see a more optimistic (if a little nostalgic) point of view:

My main gripe with the game is that they sold a €60 vision of the game to gamers and only told them in the final hours after the game had shipped that it wouldn't have elements in the game that they had confirmed.

I commend the work they have done however the game at best is a €30 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have to say Elite Dangerous is Elite for the 21st century that or Star Citizen.

No Mans Sky was to be a lighter more accessable version of that concept that gamers can drop in and out of as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My main gripe with the game is that they sold a €60 vision of the game to gamers and only told them in the final hours after the game had shipped that it wouldn't have elements in the game that they had confirmed.

Even the box art on the back of the box shows a screenshot of the planet with all the Brontasaures and tress everywhere that was shown at an E3 demo yet there is nothing like that in the game anywhere.

It's worse than the graphical downgrade of Watch Dogs and The Division.

Agreed, €60 is too much for the game that we got. Choice facing me now is to sell, or hold out until they (maybe... big maybe) put back some of the content I paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Even the box art on the back of the box shows a screenshot of the planet with all the Brontasaures and tress everywhere that was shown at an E3 demo yet there is nothing like that in the game anywhere.

It's worse than the graphical downgrade of Watch Dogs and The Division.

Some PS4 boxes have last minute stickers put on them to hide the multi-player icon they were originally printed with :rolleyes:

I won't be surprised if Hello Games gets hit with a class action lawsuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Venom wrote: »
    Some PS4 boxes have last minute stickers put on them to hide the multi-player icon they were originally printed with

Is that true? Have you a source?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's the special edition boxes, was pretty widely documented during release week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

wyrn wrote: »

It's a very convenient misprint when you consider how much Sean has gone on and on and on about the game's mutiplayer'ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's a very convenient misprint when you consider how much Sean has gone on and on and on about the game muti-player'ness.

He thought he could get away with spouting any old garbage as he is a messianic genius and we are but mere mortals, unable to fully comprehend the universe he created.

It's a very convenient misprint when you consider how much Sean has gone on and on and on about the game's mutiplayer'ness.
    I am most likely in a very small minority but I'm glad it's not multiplayer. I'm not a huge fan ever since I couldn't get the ending I wanted without being able to play MP on Mass Effect 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

We all know its not what was promised.

Let us wait for the patches.... or gather our pitchforks and torches and head to Guildford, England when they don't deliver on them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iseedeadpeople

Hi guys maybe this is proper place to post.

I've the previous order alpha vector ship. Yes sold it and no hyper drive thought the patch the other day for ps4 would address that but still can't locate blueprints.

Am I only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Hi guys maybe this is proper place to post.

I've the previous order alpha vector ship. Yes sold it and no hyper drive thought the patch the other day for ps4 would address that but still can't locate blueprints.

Am I only one?

Happened me on PC. Had over 13 hours played, had to delete my saves and start again. I had a support ticket with them and haven't got a reply after a week.

Best advice delete your save and start again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Happened me on PC. Had over 13 hours played, had to delete my saves and start again. I had a support ticket with them and haven't got a reply after a week.

Best advice delete your save and start again.

I had the same issue. After switching ships, I was given the plans for a hyperdrive after speaking to a few NPCs. Didn't take long for me to get it. I'd suggest going to a space station, or using a bypass chip on one of those location beacons to find a settlement.

Advertisement