Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Ionised

I do actually have the game by the way. I just didn't pay for it ;)

So in your opinion...was it worth the money? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Borrowed from a friend I assume, because a paragon of virtue and justice like yourself would never engage in or condone illegally sourced versions of a game.
    And even if they did would be far more inclined to give an objective opinion of the game because of it. No "investment".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ionised wrote: »
    So in your opinion...was it worth the money? :D

IMO, Its worth about €20-25 on PSN and PC.

I would pay just a little bit more for it on PC because you really do get the most out of the game. (increased FOV, graphics, unlocked frame rate, etc)

I just got the update and I am playing it at the moment so I am going spend a few days with it before posting my unbiased opinion of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honestly, if a person didn't pay for the game or get it in a legit manner, such as review copy, their opinion is null and invalid.
    There are those of us who bought it full price for PS4 or PC, and we have legitimate reasons to express and opinion.
    If a person is playing it and didn't pay they stole it, pure and simple.
    Such an opinion isn't worth tuppence.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Honestly, if a person didn't pay for the game or get it in a legit manner, such as review copy, their opinion is null and invalid.
    There are those of us who bought it full price for PS4 or PC, and we have legitimate reasons to express and opinion.
    If a person is playing it and didn't pay they stole it, pure and simple.
    You've said the same opinion four times and managed to say why not at all.
    You're really saying that nobody can have an opinion on anything unless they've paid money for it? How will that work out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

You've said the same opinion four times and managed to say why not at all. You're really saying that nobody can have an opinion on anything unless they've paid money for it? How will that work out?

Your willfully missing the point if your stealing a product your not entitled to an opinion that is the crux of the point, it is in fact the very essence of the point

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Opinion seems to have been redefined while I was away.

This is possibly one of the most ridiculous statements I have read here.

This isn't North Korea.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Your willfully missing the point if your stealing a product your not entitled to an opinion that is the crux of the point, it is in fact the very essence of the point
    What point? You have done nothing except repeat the opinion (5th time now) with zero, yes absolutely zero, reasoning or logic to back it up.
    Which do you prefer, winter or summer? SORRY! You're not allowed an opinion as you didn't pay for the seasons.
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This is turning into the no mans sky subreddit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Torrenting this and other games does not make his opinion of this game invalid (his well documented fanboyism does that) but it kind of invalidates his moral high ground stance, which already seemed pretty disingenuous because of the aforementioned fanboyism.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This is appropriate ;)

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    This is turning into the no mans sky subreddit.

I would agree that it echos the No mans sky sub reddit just on a larger scale.

Torrenting this and other games does not make his opinion of this game invalid (his well documented fanboyism does that) but it kind of invalidates his moral high ground stance, which already seemed pretty disingenuous because of the aforementioned fanboyism.

How does fanboyism relate to No Mans Sky :confused:

More labeling of people into certain groups. Its the easiest way to discredit people without offering anything of substance to counter what they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Both are blanket statements to my mind. By whatever means someone's got their hands on a game either through purchasing, borrowing, receiving as a gift, or getting a cracked/stolen copy the only investment after that is the time spent playing it. I don't believe the objectivity/validity of an individual's opinion is lessened in any of the cases as long as they've at least taken the time to experience what's on offer.

"You are X" invalidates an argued opinion about as well as "how much did you pay for it" to be honest.
    (I don't know what you're talking about either)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

"You are X" invalidates an argued opinion about as well as "how much did you pay for it" to be honest.
    (I don't know what you're talking about either)
    I don't really care about torrenting, I make no moralistic judgement on it. But if you paint yourself as the champion of the little people, as this certain poster has, and if you paint yourself as being very concerned about the effect this will have on indie developers, as this poster has, admitting to torrenting indie games make you look rather disingenuous.

I don't really care about torrenting, I make no moralistic judgement on it. But if you paint yourself as the champion of the little people, as this certain poster has, and if you paint yourself as being very concerned about the effect this will have on indie developers, as this poster has, admitting to torrenting indie games make you look rather disingenuous.

My process is to pirate AAA games where possible to see if I'll like a game enough to purchase it.

I do not pirate games under a certain price, especially if they are from an indie developer. With a farcical AAA price tag of €60 on Steam I wasn't going to risk my hard earned money. That turned out to be a very prudent strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

How does it come into it that someone's opinion is invalid because they did or did not pay for a game.

At the end of the day and opinion is just that an opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Right, enough is enough. Any further mention of piracy will result in an infraction.

Some of you don't like the game, or Hello Games, and that's fine. Plenty of other people do, so let them discuss the game without every post going back to the issues you have with it. You've stated your dislike, leave it at that. It's just becoming trolling at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Has the buccaneer's AI improved any in the Foundation patch? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any sign of a price drop? Wouldn't mind trying this on ps4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Generally speaking the game is fairly cheap, on PS4 at least it's available preowned at €30 in CEX

Generally speaking the game is fairly cheap, on PS4 at least it's available preowned at €30 in CEX

That's a good price for a second hand game from CEX. Normally they are priced way too high in CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

I just got a used copy from Amazon Warehouse for €21

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

For anyone interested its 34.99 in argos at the moment, Im very tempted to pick it up at that price with my 10 euro voucher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

A mate of mine was playing last night and streaming on PS4 so I logged into his stream and watched for half an hour or so.

It looks like a breath-taking slog. I'm definitely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So, apparently NMS has been fairly high on the Top Sellers list (if you trust it). Was up to #2 yesterday, it seems, down a bit now, but still.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers&os=win

Refunders coming back or genuinely new sales?

[Personal opinion: It's worth 20 quid. It's not worth much more than that, even with this update.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

picked it up as a gift from amazon wearhouse just now, €22.

Advertisement