Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

No.

Maybe 10-15 in euro, perhaps.

That's just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No Man's Sky is £20 on amazon.

Is it worth it for that price?

I think it is, I loved it personally, even though it ain't everyone's cup of tea and I played it solid for a good 50 or so hours, felt I got my money's worth, and I usually go back and take a look at it's updates and add a few more hours in...

There is a fair bit of mining and stuff which I didn't expect, which again - isn't for everyone so if you get a decent multi tool early on and upgrade your suit a lot you enjoy it a lot more...

It's not quite the Elite that I hoped it would be, but it's decent enough....

So that's about €23 (without delivery).

Not quite worth that much; lower than €20 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's worth about €10 in my opinion. Giver or take a euro. Ive deleted it from my system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And i'll agree with Fieldog, i think it's more than worth that price, and simularly got over 50 hours (close to 100 i think, can't remember) out of it, and i haven't touched it since it's been updated, going to wait and see what else they add and i'll basically have a new game to play once it's finished.

Depends on what you want out of a game, it's not an action game (although i believe the updates made survival harder in some mode), but if you're looking for something to relax with and pass the time, and you get immersed in lore, i think you'll enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

And i'll agree with Fieldog, i think it's more than worth that price, and simularly got over 50 hours (close to 100 i think, can't remember) out of it, and i haven't touched it since it's been updated, going to wait and see what else they add and i'll basically have a new game to play once it's finished.

Depends on what you want out of a game, it's not an action game (although i believe the updates made survival harder in some mode), but if you're looking for something to relax with and pass the time, and you get immersed in lore, i think you'll enjoy it!

I agree its worth €20 but I wonder how many people would have invested so many hours into this game if they knew at the time how many lies the dev team told about the games content?

Venom wrote: »
    I agree its worth €20 but I wonder how many people would have invested so many hours into this game if they knew at the time how many lies the dev team told about the games content?

Once i saw the first trailer, i stopped myself from watching or reading anything else about it. It's what i do these days, as watching and reading more and more about something before it releases dilutes the experience for me (same is true for tv and films). So, after buying it at launch all i knew was; it was going to be as massive open space, you could land on any planet, you had stuff to collect and fight in order to upgrade your ship to travel further, there was a story but it wasn't going to be about the story. I also was aware that he said there would be multiplayer, but the chances of meeting someone were minimal. This was good for me, as i don't think MP would be good in this game (going by most MP games). So, for me, it was well worth the money and time, it was a very different experience, and the size was simple astounding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

At most I'd say €15.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's easily worth €20 in my mind. I got 10-15 hours out of it, and i'm fairly sure i'll go back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It's worth how much you're willing to pay. Let's not go down this path again I've lost count how many circles we've gone round in this thread 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've gotten back into playing this a bit lately, enjoying it again. Have some questions about base building though. Can you set up base on any planet or does it need a base on it first? Also can you take the the 'staff' and everything else you have built with you, like the armoury and construction benches? I built a base on a planet but am starting to realise it's a crap planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Yesterday I was blown away by the Elite Dangerous 'first contact' video that's doing the rounds.I'm definitely gonna pick it up on PS4 when it's released, notwithstanding that the rest of the game looks rather dull at times.

My question is this - will No Man's Sky provide me with anything even remotely like that type of gameplay to keep me ticking over until Elite is released?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Yesterday I was blown away by the Elite Dangerous 'first contact' video that's doing the rounds.I'm definitely gonna pick it up on PS4 when it's released, notwithstanding that the rest of the game looks rather dull at times.

My question is this - will No Man's Sky provide me with anything even remotely like that type of gameplay to keep me ticking over until Elite is released?

No,i would also say it was never supposed too. Elite is a totally different animal altogether

So the next update is imminent... this one has piqued my interest.

Polygon: No Man’s Sky’s next update is imminent, adds a planetary vehicle

Oooh 'new planetary vehicle'. Game is still ****e.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looking forward to hearing the full details. Foundation was announced as merely 'adding the foundations of base building' and turned out to be quite a bit more substantial than that, so here's hoping they have something similar lined up this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Foundation alone wasnt enough to get me to go back,hopefully something in this update that will make me wanna go and put a few more hours in.

Anyone beem keeping up on mods for the game? Must have a look and see if theres any new good mods,been about 6 months since i checked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Only reason I'd go back to this is to test it out with the Vive.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Only reason I'd go back to this is to test it out with the Vive.

It made me queasy enough on TV :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Down to €15.99 for Ps+ members today on the store

• Advertisement

I haven't played this since about a couple of months after launch. I've read about the Foundation update, and this upcoming one sounds good too. But, i'm going to leave it another while before getting back into it, and start from scratch after the next few updates, and by that stage i'd imagine it will be a very different game with a lot more to do. I still believe that i got my moneys worth at launch, it was the relaxing space exploration game i was expecting, and i look forward to what it will become, as long as there is still no requirement for multiplayer and it's something i can still completely ignore, i'll be happy. And with the MakoVehicle to explore, i think this will make it a lot more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

They are getting there. Incredibly slowly but they are getting there.

Another year or two and it will finally be worth its initial €60 price tag.

Fair play to them. I hope they keep it up. I was just thinking recently that we hadn't heard anything from them in quite a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Another very impressive update, fair play to Hello for buckling down for these genuinely substantial patches. Photo mode may even drag me away from Breath of the Wild for a few hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Probably still not enough to tempt me back yet. The whole thing with bases and now land-based vehicles seems a bit odd when the idea seemed to be to move from planet to planet, even though I presume you can take your truck yoke with you.

Hope Hello Games do keep going with this though. I bought it the day it came out, even after seeing all the warnings, but even while it clearly had issues, I played it flat-out for a week or two. I haven't touched it since but I don't feel particularly ripped off or 'cheated'. It'd be great if they develop it to the point where I want to go back though!

Another very impressive update, fair play to Hello for buckling down for these genuinely substantial patches. Photo mode may even drag me away from Breath of the Wild for a few hours :)

You're extracting the urine are you? I briefly considered getting a Switch/ Wii U just to play Zelda (maybe Super Mario & Bombernan too).

No Man's Sky was a completely aimless and, ultimately, irritating game. The graphics were sub par, the FOV was off and the worlds were repetitive dull and lifeless. It wasn't fun. Or 'chill' as they said after the fact.

Above all, the Marketing firnthe game was demonstrably intellectually dishonest and misleading.

People are asking how much the game is worth and the aggregate seems to be around €15. That's an indication as to it's real value. For me it's €10.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You're extracting the urine are you?

Nope. Have expressed my generally positive views on the game at some length throughout the thread so I won't repeat myself, but am quite interested in the various directions the game is taking through its updates. I don't imagine it will distract me from Zelda for long - although given BotW is among the greatest games ever made, few games could do so (plus, I can play it on the bus) - but I've spent several dozen hours roaming NMS' landscapes and always found their photogenic nature uniquely engaging. It remains my 'go for a casual virtual walk' game of choice.

A robust photo mode is something that's enough to pull me back in for a few more hours, and maybe toy around with some of the new systems they've introduced too while I'm in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Had to laugh when it said the ground vehicle was a way of getting to distant points of interest then it cut to a shot of the exact same identikit base you see on every planet. Still an utterly pointless exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

These are useless updates that no one wants.

An antagonist or some actual life in the universe would be good...

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If ever there was a game that showed how people get different things from a "game" this has to be it.

The most interesting new feature in either of their updates for me is the "Photo Mode" which might actually tempt me back :)

Advertisement