Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

EoinHef wrote: »
    Funny,could say the same for the people who didnt like the game...
    Well no because developing the game is a full time job for dozens of people whereas posting about a horrible game you haven't thought about in 6 months takes 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thargor wrote: »
    Well no because developing the game is a full time job for dozens of people whereas posting about a horrible game you haven't thought about in 6 months takes 10 seconds.

Its not a horrible game tho :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its obviously left its mark on ye,6 months later and still spitting feathers.

Maybe just let it go

Again, that wasn't 6 months of "spitting feathers" as you put it, it was just a 30 second thought when I saw a new post in a thread for a game I'd nearly forgotten about. Very strange how defensive some people get though, is it really a shock to you that some people don't like a game this infamously bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Again, that wasn't 6 months of "spitting feathers" as you put it, it was just a 30 second thought when I saw a new post in a thread for a game I'd nearly forgotten about. Very strange how defensive some people get though, is it really a shock to you that some people don't like a game this infamously bad?

Have you been playing it?

I am also finding an inconsistency in your statement.

Yesterday, you said.....
    Why are they still even developing this mess? Surely it would make more sense to move on...

But over a year ago you said
    I pirated it after the first real reviews came out, no way was I paying €60 for that mess. Let them release 4 or 5 more updates like the foundation one and I might be tempted to buy it and play again. Its still a woefully pointless game though, how come space sims for 10-20 years ago had more weapons and features to make the space-sim part interesting for the player? Still only one crappy weapon for ship to ship combat?

So I cannot tell if you still want to see the game improved and updated or you still want to keep that bitter sensation you felt on launch and have them drop it, despite it still being loved by fans of the game (that definitely do exist, check the Reddit page).

If you have not been playing the game for a decent length of time since launch then I, and a good few others here who still put time into it and enjoy it much more than originally, surely cannot be expected to take your criticism seriously.

The game is nothing like it was on launch, it has gotten much better and worth a purchase now.... if you still dont like it or dont enjoy it then the game is simply not your cup of tea and never was.

"Mess"? At launch, perhaps. Definitely not now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The game is nothing like it was on launch, it has gotten much better and worth a purchase now....

Should gamers support developers that blatantly lie to their customers?

I never said they should.

Have you been playing it?

I am also finding an inconsistency in your statement.

Yesterday, you said.....

But over a year ago you said

So I cannot tell if you still want to see the game improved and updated or you still want to keep that bitter sensation you felt on launch and have them drop it, despite it still being loved by fans of the game (that definitely do exist, check the Reddit page).

If you have not been playing the game for a decent length of time since launch then I, and a good few others here who still put time into it and enjoy it much more than originally, surely cannot be expected to take your criticism seriously.

The game is nothing like it was on launch, it has gotten much better and worth a purchase now.... if you still dont like it or dont enjoy it then the game is simply not your cup of tea and never was.

"Mess"? At launch, perhaps. Definitely not now.
    Wow great research, I don't see anything in that post you quoted that should be causing you any confusion though, have they added 4 or 5 Foundation level updates like I hoped? I must have missed that. Have they even added more than 2 weapons yet? Can you visit actual solar systems instead of big empty rooms with fake sun's? Do all the ships fly exactly the same and differ only in amount of inventory slots still?

These are the kind of things they need to work on in order to make it worth playing.

Its 6 months since the game launched and your still on a personal crusade to spit feathers at the mere mention of NMS.

WE GET IT,you dont like the game. Repeating that ad nauseum is getting tired though.

You say the game is crap but theres obviously people who have enjoyed it,if that upsets you move on.

Frankly its none of your business what i do with my money.

Act the morality police all you want but some of us bought the game and enjoyed it and are interested to see what the update holds.

Its 6 months since the game launched and your still on a personal crusade to spit feathers at the mere mention of NMS.

WE GET IT,you dont like the game. Repeating that ad nauseum is getting tired though.

You say the game is crap but theres obviously people who have enjoyed it,if that upsets you move on.
    What are you on about? 6 months since it launched? Do I even have 5 posts in this thread? My last one was a year ago!

Are only sweetness and light posts allowed in a thread for a game thats considered one of the most overhyped sh1tshows in modern gaming?

• Advertisement

Wow great research, I don't see anything in that post you quoted that should be causing you any confusion though, have they added 4 or 5 Foundation level updates like I hoped? I must have missed that. Have they even added more than 2 weapons yet? Can you visit actual solar systems instead of big empty rooms with fake sun's? Do all the ships fly exactly the same and differ only in amount of inventory slots still?

These are the kind of things they need to work on in order to make it worth playing.

"have they added 4 or 5 Foundation level updates like I hoped?"

Like you hoped??
    Okay, I understand being annoyed and disappointed by the lack of truth towards features being put into the game, but wait just a second -- this is the kind of inconsistency that I am talking about. One minute you are bashing the game for being empty and nothing like the game was promised to be, the next you are hoping for very specific kinds of updates, which were never announced (In fact Murray was very vague in each and every update he was bringing out until it was released), and then 3 updates later you are saying they should just stop updating the game and give up - why, because they aren't bringing particular updates that YOU aren't happy with? Because as far as I'm concerned, there have been plenty, and plenty of people who have been gone since the game's launch, came back to it after the 3rd patch and claimed the game is much better than it was on release.

All you're doing is preserving that typical begrudging attitude I do be seeing all over the place towards this game -- and more often than not, it's blind hate. And that is all it is these days, blind.

People who still hate this game - those who never touched it since launch and still hate it to this day, have no valid reason for hating it anymore unless the €60 they spent 2 years ago was really the final straw, and still think the game is the exact same state that it was in on launch... Plenty of people past the age of 18 are entitled to almost 3 times that a week, and if you're a gamer, then I'm sure in 2 years 60 euro is nothing anymore. But I digress.

Now in keeping with the topic of the game's subsequent updates; you said that you wanted Foundation-Levels of updates. What in the actual f*ck are you spitting?

They crammed an absolute ton of new content and performance improvements since the first update that as I already said, the original build -- and even first update, is unrecognisable.

Foundation gave you base building, storage containers, farming, camping and freighters, alongside new resources and more meticulously-coded areas in which you can find particular resources (some only growing in certain biomes, in other words)

It improved the UI, and made each resource easy to spot instead of a vague icon representing its category.
    Other little touch-ups involced anti aliasing and motion blur which could be turned on or off.

And all of that was accompanied by a vast list of small improvements and fixes included in the patch notes.

Pathfinder gave us vehicles to use, this allowed us to initially get around your home planet much quicker (since then you can roam any planet you're on instead of being restricted to the home planet), added permadeath, the ability to share your bases and also weapons and ships having categories. This was also accompanied by further graphical updates and the ability to own more than one ship, so you could store it in your freighter if you owned one.
    New shops were added, new currencies were added and more base-building parts were added, as well as your weapons and tools now getting their own classes from A to S, not to mention the 3 extra weapons that were added both for the multi-tool AND your ship.
    Also, Photo-Mode. Because why the f*ck not? I thoroughly enjoy this mode in any game personally.

Other convenient improvements involved adding a skip button to your milestone notifications, as well as your ships etc. able to be renamed -- quality of life updates that everyone who played it would be happy with.
    Again, accompanied by another large list of improvements included in the patch notes.

Atlas Rises added a bloody story!! and joint exploration!! They brought in portals -- something we were all clamouring for since the game was first shown and also since release. Lore was added -- context was added. The galaxy map received a huge overhaul, making it ten times easier to navigate to previously visited planets without getting lost. New planet types were added as well as biome improvements. Crashed freighters.
    Terrain manipulator
    Salvage Missions
    Intersteller Trading was added.
    The analysis visor was updated, allowing you to be better rewarded for new discoveries.
    Mission logs were added so you could keep track of the new mission system that was also added separately from the story missions.

Space combat got an overhaul, and enemy ships could now follow you onto a planet and still try to shoot you, and low-flight was added, as well as more new ships.
    Once again, more fixed and improvements added to the patch notes.

In between each of these major updates were patches and fixes and additions that weren't originally in each said patch.

You know the website, you can do the reading yourself and actually take in the fact that each update has been significantly better than the last and there will continue to be more updates to come, and they are all for free. Sean Murray, as of yet, has not asked for one brown penny from anyone for these updates, he has stuck with the game from day one -- you don't nearly get as much devotion to a project after a butchered launch as Murray has done for NMS.

Did he lie? Absolutely
    Did he atone for his lies? I would say we are past this part. Not dumping the game in a corner and running away with the money is enough atonement in my eyes. It has been two years since this game came out.
    And you cannot sit there and act like he is the only developer to lie about his game.
    Peter Molyneux was notorious for his ambitious ideas for his games only to fart out something completely inaccurate.
    Both EA and WB screwed the consumer over with their loot-boxes and all the drama they caused in the gaming community yet the same crybabies will still buy FIFA 19 or UFC 3, or Battlefield V.
    Mass Effect Andromeda was a technical disaster at launch and instead of trying to fix their problem, support for the series was dropped and we may never see another Mass Effect ever again.
    Call of Duty still gets bought by the millions despite being the same lazy game with a different coat of paint each year -- the same goes with Far Cry (yes I did buy Far Cry 5 and I think it was overhyped and not as great as it's made out to be -- good, but nothing much different from previous instalments) and pre-2017 Assassin's Creed games. Only minor improvements and additions were added and people flocked to them regardless.
    Yet an indie developer, on his second game, exaggerates the features in his game that ended up not being in the final product (which I still to this day believe the marketing bigwigs wanted that game out ASAP before that game was properly polished) and people think he is the worst person in the entire industry, yet still has the balls to keep plugging away at it and updating the game despite the amount of hate he gets, which I have to say has died down a bit, and the only people left complaining are those still sore in the arse about spending 60 euro that they will never get back from 2 years ago.

How many employees do EA Canada have? >1,000
    How many employees do Monolith have? >100
    How many employees do EA Dice have? >600
    How many employees do Ubisoft Montreal have? >3,000

Those companies are subsidiaries of publishers that have thousands of employees and their games are barely innovative and yet people will still flock to pay out the hole to get the gold editions, limited editions, collector's editions and season passes of those games.

How many employees do Hello Games have?.... 16
    Hello Games is a privately owned developing company that developed and published their own game.

16 people are putting in more effort to fix and improve their game than the 4 developers above do. Barely listening to consumers and only patching insignificant issues that barely anyone notices.

16 people are loaded from the amount of money they got from their game on launch and are still supporting it 2 years later, despite the hate.

Open your eyes. There are worse games, worse developers and worse publishers out there. HG is far from the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Did you pirate the game? Yes.

Then you have no right to complain.

What are you on about? 6 months since it launched? Do I even have 5 posts in this thread? My last one was a year ago!

Are only sweetness and light posts allowed in a thread for a game thats considered one of the most overhyped sh1tshows in modern gaming?

You obviously dont play the game,cant criticise it in any meaningful way yet you still wanna come in and tell people who like the game thats its **** because you say its ****.

If you have nothing of substance to add,good or bad,id say jog on.

You just sound like a petulant child. Somehow hello games have offened the very fibre of your being or something. Get over it.

Jesus calm down, so 5 posts over the course of 2 years is someone on a personal crusade to you? "Spitting feathers", "offened the very fibre of your being"! Yeah its me that sounds like the petulant child alright... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Any chance we could bring this back to the upcoming updates and not another 20+ pages of bitching about a game? Pretty sure that's covered in large in the middle of this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Any idea what price it will be on the xbox? I'd consider buying it for a relaxing couch game if the price point was right.
    Has it dropped to €20 on any platform yet? That's kind of what I'd be thinking it's value is. Sure it won't launch at that on xbox but if it's reached that elsewhere, it might not be long before we see it in sales at that price.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

d31b0y wrote: »
    Any idea what price it will be on the xbox? I'd consider buying it for a relaxing couch game if the price point was right.
    Has it dropped to €20 on any platform yet? That's kind of what I'd be thinking it's value is. Sure it won't launch at that on xbox but if it's reached that elsewhere, it might not be long before we see it in sales at that price.

It's been on sale at under 20 on PSN I'm pretty sure. I thought I saw on reddit that it was going to launch at $59.99 on xbox so would expect about 60 euro here., probably cheaper in a B&M on launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is all the new content they've put in free?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is all the new content they've put in free?

Yeah, all the updates have been completely free. Not sure about the next one, but i'd assume it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This looks very good*

*I have the game since day 1 and like it, its not what was advertised but still an above average game, the updates have turned it into a very good game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

When is that update out? I tried playing it again after a few updates but got very bored very fast collecting crap to fix the ship again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When is that update out? I tried playing it again after a few updates but got very bored very fast collecting crap to fix the ship again.

July 24th according to the comment under the video on YouTube. I haven't played it since about 3 months after launch, so I'd imagine there's a new game waiting for me. I'm still gonna hold out for the VR support. That's when this game may come into its own imo. Hopefully it happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gotta be honest, the Next update really looks the business. Maybe its just me having been really unlucky finding dull ass looking planets first time around at launch, but do the graphics from the trailer look like there after getting a serious upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Its slowly becoming the game we wanted it to be.

They need to allow capital ship control though!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Hoping it's still not an empty shell filled with empty headed creatures. Bit of AI would be nice..

I have a feeling the 3rd person mode is gonna be a bit janky on release. I don't know why...

Also, was that a ringed planet?!?!?

Yup ringed planets are in the new update.

The way the old asteroids were just floating around randomly was a bit odd,might require players to go to rings to mine in ship now.

Yup ringed planets are in the new update.

The way the old asteroids were just floating around randomly was a bit odd,might require players to go to rings to mine in ship now.

I love that idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Advertisement