Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Eurogamer says its not out until 5pm... is that right?

From the Eurogamer Site:

No Man's Sky NEXT release time Xbox One

UK: 2pm BST
    Europe: 3pm CET
    North America: 6am PST, 9am EST
    This comes from the time given on the Xbox Store.

No Man's Sky NEXT release time PC

There's no official word on the update time for players on Steam, but given that there's roughly an hour's difference between the Xbox Store and PlayStation Store times given (see below for PS4), here's the range you can probably expect for when it'll update on PC:

UK: 2pm to 4pm BST
    Europe: 3pm to 5pmCET
    North America: 6am to 8am PST, 9am to 11am EST

No Man's Sky NEXT release time PS4

There's again no proper update time given on PS4, but on the game's page in your library there is an "Event" listed as beginning at 4pm here in the UK, which translates to the following times:

UK: 4pm BST
    Europe: 5pm CET
    North America: 8am PST, 11am EST

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's gone live on PS4 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Kiith wrote: »
    It's gone live on PS4 apparently.

Not on the ie PSN it hasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Still not ready on PS4.

Some people are saying 4pm.

Live on Xbox, think I'll hold off a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://www.nomanssky.com/next-update/

Patch notes, quite long.

Patch is 5.8GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Twitch stream of the Xbox version

https://www.twitch.tv/projectoriontv

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Impressive overhaul to be fair

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-20-the-big-sean-murray-interview

No Sean, I applied for a refund because your game ran like absolute garbage on a brand new just released 1070 GTX card, frame rates in single figures. Please stop lying.

Strange that,ran absolutely butter smooth on release for me on a 970.

One of the few things you couldnt really accuse NMS of at launch was not being an optimised game. It ran well on the majority of systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

9.7GB for the PS4 version -- thank god for 4G Mobile Hotspot.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of the pc update, which is annoying. Surely they should preload these kinds of things on Steam.

Kiith wrote: »
    Still no sign of the pc update, which is annoying. Surely they should preload these kinds of things on Steam.

Updated 15 hours ago to 5.8gb then 30 minutes ago to 5.8gb

https://steamdb.info/app/275850/depots/

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My base is gone and my home planet is gone as well.

I loaded my save and it spawned me in a space station. All the planets around me are "discovered by Gamer_Bhoy_89" but I don't recognise them by name at all. Did they really wipe all of my progress besides what I had in my inventory??

I only got the download on pc in the last hour (5.3gb). Looking forward to giving it a good go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i just started playing this last weekend and was fascinated. seems like good timing with these updates. might get it for pc also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I have this on PS4 since Day 1 and have gone back to it over and over again for the past 2 years. It's only been this weekend that i started into the Atlas story path properly and love it.

Cannot wait to try this new update later, looks quiet amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I hadn't played since launch. Went back to it a couple weeks ago and have sunk some decent time into it. Very impressive what they have done for free in the last two years.

And this NEXT update is insane. So much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I can't find confirmation about how many players in the multiplayer. Is it 4 player parties and then can bump into 12 random players too?

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I can't find confirmation about how many players in the multiplayer. Is it 4 player parties and then can bump into 12 random players too?

Yeah I think it's 4 players parties in a Lobby of 16

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What level of ship customisation is in this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was always a fan of the game, but a quick whirl of NEXT there and they've done a hell of a job over the last few years. Definite visual improvements, and lots of interesting new systems to tinker around with. Had to start a new game to get to grips with it all.

Super impressive seeing the first ringed planet from space (and indeed from the ground - makes for an impressive skybox!).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My base is gone and my home planet is gone as well.

I loaded my save and it spawned me in a space station. All the planets around me are "discovered by Gamer_Bhoy_89" but I don't recognise them by name at all. Did they really wipe all of my progress besides what I had in my inventory??

There's a message when you first boot up the update saying bases have been wiped but they can be restored from any computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm hoping I'll be able to play again. Could play it when it was first released but after the 1st big update, it wouldn't work because my graphics weren't sufficient all of a sudden. I was actually really enjoying it.

Oh look at that, new Steam chat. Hate it already :pac:
    EDIT: Nah, it actually looks alright.

I was always a fan of the game, but a quick whirl of NEXT there and they've done a hell of a job over the last few years. Definite visual improvements, and lots of interesting new systems to tinker around with. Had to start a new game to get to grips with it all.

Super impressive seeing the first ringed planet from space (and indeed from the ground - makes for an impressive skybox!).

Is it worth starting over with a new game?? I'm a bit lost on my current save but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Maybe start a new game for the tutorial stuff. I dunno, looking forward to getting stuck into it over the next few days.

I started over there, and glad for it. The start of the game was much smoother. Lots of changes, and i'm really enjoying it. Got out of the first two systems, and gonna go looking for a place to setup a base. Need a relatively safe world, with some water, as i want to build it underwater.

It's a hell of an update, and can't wait to play some more of it.

Is it worth starting over with a new game?? I'm a bit lost on my current save but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Maybe start a new game for the tutorial stuff. I dunno, looking forward to getting stuck into it over the next few days.

At the very least worth playing through the tutorial stuff: multiple save files mean you can always go back :)

The online save is quite good, 4 of us reasonably experienced just doing our thing in our brand new universe was good fun. We have bases on a planet each (9 in the system which is nice). We can drop in and out and help each other etc

Pirate missions pay stupid amounts of money and so does the Tech Stuff buried underground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I dunno about this, seems to be a never ending circle of collecting ****e for this, then running out of ****e for that, then collecting ****e for that, then running out of ****e for something else.

Is there a quick way to get anti matter because I'm close to deleting this if it's just going to be a boring fetch quest in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

I dunno about this, seems to be a never ending circle of collecting ****e for this, then running out of ****e for that, then collecting ****e for that, then running out of ****e for something else.

Is there a quick way to get anti matter because I'm close to deleting this if it's just going to be a boring fetch quest in space.

Presuming you are going for a warp cell? I haven't got that far into the game on this update but on previous updates, if you follow the atlas path they start giving you more warp cells than you know what to do with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I am yeah, but I need one to warp to the next Galaxy. It seems like a lot of busywork. Where do I go to get one exactly?

Advertisement