Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Its currently €17.99 on sale on the PSN store,incase anyone was on the fence about buying it.. That's a Bargain in fairness

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I am yeah, but I need one to warp to the next Galaxy. It seems like a lot of busywork. Where do I go to get one exactly?

I got my first one at the crashed freighter that the story missions sent me to. There were some cargo pods underground, which i found with the scanner. Use the Terrain Manipulation tool to dig them up, and get some Pure Ferite (iirc) to repair the locks.

Think i have 2 more that i found at random places as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I picked this up again after having played it at launch for a few weeks. It's like a completely different game, its quite amazing. If you want a physical copy I got mine in Gamestop for €17.99 as well.

It like they just released No Mans Sky 2 but for free if you own it already.. very impressed tbh

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bigphil2 wrote: »
    It like they just released No Mans Sky 2 but for free if you own it already.. very impressed tbh

It's more like NMS 1 finally came out of early access really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I dunno about this, seems to be a never ending circle of collecting ****e for this, then running out of ****e for that, then collecting ****e for that, then running out of ****e for something else.

Is there a quick way to get anti matter because I'm close to deleting this if it's just going to be a boring fetch quest in space.

There's still rather a lot of that. The underlying mechanics of the game haven't changed. It looks prettier, there's a good bit more diversity in terms of planets and such, the quests better in terms of story (but again amount to 'go here, get this, come back') and the crafting system has been improved (or at least is more complex).

But there's still a really un-fun launch cost to your ship taking off from a planet, for example. I had modded it to 25% of it's previous value (ie refuel one every 16 take offs instead of every 4) but that mod isn't working for me anymore as of the update. I don't know why this mechanic is in the game still, it's really not fun. I can understand warp cells, sure, that should take fuel, but simply taking off from a planet to fly a hundred yards down the road shouldn't take 25% of your fuel capacity. Similarly, flying around a system only to have to stop and shoot some asteroids isn't my idea of fun. I get that creative mode exists, but that's too far the other way for me. Ah well, no real loss, I can mod it out surely at some point.

Overall, I'm impressed with the new update. Still not worth the asking price, but it's certainly worth a punt for 15-20 quid maybe. Lots of improvements though, so if you already own it - dive back in and I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

With this update and GTAV also updating on the same day I think I may have to lock myself away for the week.

I had a quick look at the patch notes and realised that this is a huge release. A complete overhaul of the entire game so much so that I'm tempted to just start over rather than trying to figure out where I was and what I was doing when I last loaded it in 2017.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's more like NMS 1 finally came out of early access really.

Well,yeah haha

But there's still a really un-fun launch cost to your ship taking off from a planet, for example. I had modded it to 25% of it's previous value (ie refuel one every 16 take offs instead of every 4) but that mod isn't working for me anymore as of the update. I don't know why this mechanic is in the game still, it's really not fun. I can understand warp cells, sure, that should take fuel, but simply taking off from a planet to fly a hundred yards down the road shouldn't take 25% of your fuel capacity.

I think they've left that in because they want people to explore in the buggy thing (can't remember the name of it). They have made it easier to take off now though, with lower costs and more take offs per refuel. Didn't really have any issue with it last night.

My biggest issue is inventory size. Definitely need the buggy to provide me with more storage.

One question for ye..

I haven't built a base yet as Ive started Next with an old save file (about10hours of playtime) from back when the game launched first.

Do I need to build a base to get a buggy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

No multiplayer in the update if you have the Gog version. Coming "later this year" apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Its currently €17.99 on sale on the PSN store,incase anyone was on the fence about buying it.. That's a Bargain in fairness

Is it worth picking up? I've been on the fence as the reviews had been so so about it.

Is it worth picking up? I've been on the fence as the reviews had been so so about it.

I would say at that price,definitely..as long as you know what kind of game it is.
    maybe watch some streams,ign and gamespot have videos up yesterday playing for the first few hours.you should get a good idea from them..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Getting constant crashes on PS4 Pro.

Literally, get out of ship, crash to dashboard.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Getting constant crashes on PS4 Pro.

Literally, get out of ship, crash to dashboard.

I got one last night,id be playing for about 6hours.. happened when I used the terrain manipulator for the first time.. I just sent them a video of the incident in the report..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Started a new game last night. Well, I started 3 new games last night. Don't now if it was just back luck, but the first 2 starter planets where dangerously toxic. Tox levels where sky high and there where toxic plants everywhere. Couldn't move without the Tox level spiking to mid 200's. Suffice to say, those where abandoned. Third was more Radiation, but levels manageable around 6 / 7.

So much to relearn, but looking forward to doing so.

Started a new game last night. Well, I started 3 new games last night. Don't now if it was just back luck, but the first 2 starter planets where dangerously toxic. Tox levels where sky high and there where toxic plants everywhere. Couldn't move without the Tox level spiking to mid 200's. Suffice to say, those where abandoned. Third was more Radiation, but levels manageable around 6 / 7.

So much to relearn, but looking forward to doing so.

Ha!,yeah,my first Planet was highly toxic,with additional Fire Storms and very very aggressive Sentinals.. I ran out of fuel to take off.. its took a bit of time to gather resources as you can imagine.. managed to Make it off that planet and renamed it Sh*tStorm..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

One question for ye..

I haven't built a base yet as Ive started Next with an old save file (about10hours of playtime) from back when the game launched first.

Do I need to build a base to get a buggy?
    I doubt it. I usually land on a new planet and build an Exocraft Geobay which allows me to summon a buggy from my base but I think that if you built what was required first to get the buggy in the first place you could do so without needing to build an actual base (though they are handy).

Picked this up earlier for a tenner in Smyths, looking forward to giving it a go later tonight. Seems Hello Games have sorted out most of the issues.

Ponster wrote: »
    I doubt it. I usually land on a new planet and build an Exocraft Geobay which allows me to summon a buggy from my base but I think that if you built what was required first to get the buggy in the first place you could do so without needing to build an actual base (though they are handy).

Ah ok,i wasn't sure as id not played it since launch so didn't know what the story was with land vehicles..Guess that's this evenings mission so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've been playing on whatever the easiest mode is (not the creative one) and i found the space fights completely impossible. even when i had a defence chit i got the **** beat out of me. is there a trick to them??

I ended up getting it on the pc (himself can have the ps4 game) so i will be starting a new game

Haven't had a space fight in the new update, but they were tough in survival in previous versions. You can recharge your shields with the right materials, which i found quite helpful. Not 100% sure that's still doable now though.

Going to spend some time finding my new home tonight. Really want to find a water planet with some rings, so it might take a bit of time. May need to craft/find a fair amount of antimatter.

I would like to make some more money as well, and get a bigger ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I lost my base :(

All Eyes On Rafah

I lost my base :(

You should be able to get it back when you craft/find a base computer? ive heard that on a few forums.. saying that I never had one so I haven't had this issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GOG.com doesnt have MP for a while, I find that amusing :)

I would imagine for it to have online components it would need to have some verification on the server side to allow MP, so a kind of DRM :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Kiith wrote: »
    I got my first one at the crashed freighter that the story missions sent me to. There were some cargo pods underground, which i found with the scanner. Use the Terrain Manipulation tool to dig them up, and get some Pure Ferite (iirc) to repair the locks.

Think i have 2 more that i found at random places as well.

When you say story missions, do you mean the the guide at the bottom left? "Go back into space" etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can someone explain how the MP works, if you got no friends who play?
    Is it just a bunch of random players?
    Can others join?
    Is it always the same random people?

Can we make friendships, meet offline, get married and live happily ever after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

On the Galaxy map, I have selected a waypoint. When I go back out to the ship there is no waypoint to travel towards. Can someone please explain this or the map in general. It's doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

You should be able to get it back when you craft/find a base computer? ive heard that on a few forums.. saying that I never had one so I haven't had this issue..

Cheers for this. Although it was a crappy hovel of a base. It was mine!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Leaving my spawn planet. It was too toxic hence its name "Do not visit" :P
    I am liking the photo mode.

aXzJVXv.jpg

Advertisement