Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    GOG.com doesnt have MP for a while, I find that amusing :)

I would imagine for it to have online components it would need to have some verification on the server side to allow MP, so a kind of DRM :D

GOG look to be going out of their way to offer an extended refund. I'm not too bothered about missing multiplayer more interested in the single player aspect for now so will stick with it.

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1022175657248391168

Price on Microsoft console very high. Can be purchased for a tenner on Sony platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Price on Microsoft console very high. Can be purchased for a tenner on Sony platform.

New on Xbox, 2yrs old on PS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its not worth full price.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    New on Xbox, 2yrs old on PS

Exact same game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Exact same game

You who loves the Switch. Enjoy :P

KyYe1H9.jpg

You who loves the Switch. Enjoy :P

KyYe1H9.jpg

What's interesting is that doesn't make it anyway correct whatever platform.

The point being missed because your favourite console happens to be Microsoft so the hyper defence of it is understandable

What's interesting is that doesn't make it anyway correct whatever platform.

The point being missed because your favourite console happens to be Microsoft so the hyper defence of it is understandable

In that case why do you buy these games on the Switch and support practices you do not agree with and think are against the best interests of gamers :confused:

In that case why do you buy these games on the Switch and support practices you do not agree with and think are against the best interests of gamers :confused:

What games have I purchased on Switch? Are you stalking me? :P

What games have I purchased on Switch? Are you stalking me? :P
    Well, we have known each other for the last 5 years Sebastian and you wont stop talking about the games you have bought on the Switch ;)

• Advertisement

Well, we have known each other for the last 5 years Sebastian and you wont stop talking about the games you have bought on the Switch ;)

I buy games on Switch yes, because I own one :)

No I don't know you at all, who's Sebastian lol

Definitely on the stalk :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Enough with the console war ****e. This is the No Man's Sky thread. Different consoles charge differently...it doesn't mean one is better than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

Kiith wrote: »
    Enough with the console war ****e. This is the No Man's Sky thread. Different consoles charge differently...it doesn't mean one is better than the other.

No, but hardware does, and we know which is the most powerful. :pac:

Great read guys, should have posted this on the humour thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

£15 v £40 is a huge difference for the same game.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Haven't had a space fight in the new update, but they were tough in survival in previous versions. You can recharge your shields with the right materials, which i found quite helpful. Not 100% sure that's still doable now though.

Going to spend some time finding my new home tonight. Really want to find a water planet with some rings, so it might take a bit of time. May need to craft/find a fair amount of antimatter.

I would like to make some more money as well, and get a bigger ship.
    I didn't think of the recharging shields bit. just got into a flap!
    some of them were unavoidable it seemed even with trying to communicate, that or hand over all my units
    On the Galaxy map, I have selected a waypoint. When I go back out to the ship there is no waypoint to travel towards. Can someone please explain this or the map in general. It's doing my head in.

You can select a place in the map and confirm and it warps you there via the map, not from the ship... if you are talking about what i think you are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4Pro4tehwinz bich

jesus that was cringey to type never mind read, and I don't even have a pro at the moment...

........ I lost my train of thought. This reply was written about half an hour ago and I got distracted by something else :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

bluewolf wrote: »

You can select a place in the map and confirm and it warps you there via the map, not from the ship... if you are talking about what i think you are

Yeah, but I don't have a warp drive so I'm trying to mark a point on a map and make my way to it, but I cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A system of sharing locations or tagging places would be nice, in NMS if you visit somewhere its generated for you and if others join they see it too. But if its selling a 26 slot Multitool and you want to mark to come back too, you cant :(

Found MP to be on the whole excellent but some bugs popping in, other players appearing in 3 places, showing as entities like in Atlas rises and just simply not being in front of you when they are shooting you.

has anyone met another group yet?

Few of us playing if anyone wants to join, feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Got back to playing NMS today, and was immediately reminded why I stopped playing. Want to take off in your ship? You need booster fuel. No booster fuel? Just build fuel cell, which can be built after you build a metal plate... which needs 50 of a resource.

The update seems welcome, but it doesn’t help in avoiding the ever-present, tedious task of gathering resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Few quest issues, I moved my first base and got rid of everything there, the game still insisted I had the base and wouldn't let me interact with the terminal at my new base to complete it. The only solution was to rip up my new base and build another. ATM I'm trying to find a scientist for my base but I've been looking in Korvax systems and can't find any at all.

Also had a few other issues, two of my ships merged together on the freighter (had to sell one of them because if I tried to take off in them I'd jump inside the freighter and endlessly take damage), when the freighter is in the atmosphere the atmosphere is visible inside the ship, the filter for radiation/toxic planet sticks even when you go to a station only solutions seems to be visit a new planet or warp.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    Got back to playing NMS today, and was immediately reminded why I stopped playing. Want to take off in your ship? You need booster fuel. No booster fuel? Just build fuel cell, which can be built after you build a metal plate... which needs 50 of a resource.

The update seems welcome, but it doesn’t help in avoiding the ever-present, tedious task of gathering resources.

I find if you just gather way more resources and build lots of stuff you will need and just stock them up it gets a lot more bearable.

Got a Freighter for helping out with some scumbag fighter ships. Not too bad.

The gather, build, gather cycle is pretty standard in these types of games. It's pretty much the basis of how they function. So far i haven't had any issues with building that i've wanted, it's more just figuring out how to get the materials for some things. Storage is often an issue, but as above, getting the free freighter has definitely helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The gather, build, gather cycle is pretty standard in these types of games. It's pretty much the basis of how they function. So far i haven't had any issues with building that i've wanted, it's more just figuring out how to get the materials for some things. Storage is often an issue, but as above, getting the free freighter has definitely helped.

There's a suit slot upgrade service in every station close to the player customization thing and others can be randomly found on planets.

Yeah, got the first two of those last night. I remember in older updates finding drop pods or something like that which contained updates as well.

Do you get a mission to build a proper base in the Next update? In my last playthrough, i was pretty quickly given a mission to build a base with several stations, and then to build my exocraft. Haven't had that happen yet. I had a very basic one, where i needed to build a simple cabin, but that was it.

Also, anyone who bought the game on GOG can get a full refund, regardless of when you bought it. This is due to the lack of multiplayer being available.
    We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.

https://www.gog.com/news/extended_refund_policy_for_no_mans_sky

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

. Storage is often an issue, but as above, getting the free freighter has definitely helped.

Wait ,Free Freighter???

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Wait ,Free Freighter???

Yup. Warp jump a few times and it will give you a mission to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Do you get a mission to build a proper base in the Next update? In my last playthrough, i was pretty quickly given a mission to build a base with several stations, and then to build my exocraft. Haven't had that happen yet. I had a very basic one, where i needed to build a simple cabin, but that was it.

I started a new playthrough and I got a little mission to build a base fairly soon, within the first hour or so. I just built a wooden shack and moved on.

I'm back playing it for the first time since around launch and it's all a bit overwhelming! Definitely seems more complicated than it was. I've probably played 3-4 hours over the last couple of nights and I still don't feel like I'm getting to grips with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

For PS4 Pro players getting crashes etc.. The advice is to turn off Boost mode and it helps apparently,will test tonight

https://www.gameskinny.com/9e9qp/no-mans-sky-next-complete-bug-guide-with-fixes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah, got the first two of those last night. I remember in older updates finding drop pods or something like that which contained updates as well.

The one I found on a planet needed antimatter to repair it but since I had the no recipe bug on that save I couldn't use it.

Advertisement