Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Venom wrote: »
    Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, got the first two of those last night. I remember in older updates finding drop pods or something like that which contained updates as well.

Do you get a mission to build a proper base in the Next update? In my last playthrough, i was pretty quickly given a mission to build a base with several stations, and then to build my exocraft. Haven't had that happen yet. I had a very basic one, where i needed to build a simple cabin, but that was it.

The one I found on a planet needed antimatter to repair it but since I had the no recipe bug on that save I couldn't use it.
    At what point are you supposed to get the recipe for antimatter? Or are you?

I've just repaired my hyperdrive and have jumped to the next system with the free antimatter you get, but I ain't able to make my own. Is this intentional?

I've just repaired my hyperdrive and have jumped to the next system with the free antimatter you get, but I ain't able to make my own. Is this intentional?

Yes. Follow the missions and you'll get it shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The next set of missions should give it to you, first the housing and then the antimatter. For such a long-standing bug, I don't know why it wasn't just added to the starter recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

New Hotfix Due Soon
    I think Steam owners can beta test it now

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1762481957306321951/?ctp=2

NEXT Experimental Build
    Hello everyone,

First of all thanks so much to everyone who has already spent time playing NEXT and letting us know about any issues you’ve experienced. It’s overwhelming to watch thousands of players begin or continue their journey across the universe.

Steam users are able to opt-in to the Experimental Branch, where we have pushed a rapid patch to fix a number of crashes and other problems around save upgrading. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

To play in Experimental, right-click on No Man’s Sky from the Steam library page and select “Properties”. Among the available tabs will be the “BETAS” tab. Select “Code: 3xperimental” in the dropdown menu under “Select the beta you would like to opt into”.

Issues fixed on Experimental:
    • Fixed a crash in creature routines
    • Fixed a crash when multiple players put ammunition into a refiner
    • Fix for occasional crash when receiving mission rewards
    • Fix for crash when adjusting anisotropic filtering settings in the graphics options menu
    • Fix for potential crash in geometry streaming
    • Improvements to texture caching for AMD GPUs
    • Fixed an issue where some players still had physical nanites in their inventory that could not be spent at vendors
    • Granted players nanites when they dismantle their Obsolete Technology - spend nanites on new upgrades in Space Stations
    • Added a tutorial mission to guide players through the restoration of their old base
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to build Frigate Terminals in Creative Mode
    • Fixed an issue where S-Class ships changed appearance
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to build the Base Cache on their freighter to retrieve compensation for the loss of their freighter base
    • Fixed an issue where some Exosuit technology was not converted to Obsolete Technology. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.
    • Improved the mapping of old substances to new substances during the save upgrade. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.

We will continue to listen and respond to bug reports on both main and experimental.

Thank you,

Hello Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Notorious wrote: »
    Got back to playing NMS today, and was immediately reminded why I stopped playing. Want to take off in your ship? You need booster fuel. No booster fuel? Just build fuel cell, which can be built after you build a metal plate... which needs 50 of a resource.

The update seems welcome, but it doesn’t help in avoiding the ever-present, tedious task of gathering resources.

I keep seeing this come up,cost of launching your ship is too high.

Its really not though,ferrite dust and tritium as easy to obtain. Tritium from asteroids when you first go to space and ferrite dust is literally everywhere on planets and is one is the basest resources.

Games with this type of heavyish resource gathering arent going to be for everyone buy im confused as to why ship launch costs comes up so often

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

1.3Gb patch just dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah, got the first two of those last night. I remember in older updates finding drop pods or something like that which contained updates as well.

Do you get a mission to build a proper base in the Next update? In my last playthrough, i was pretty quickly given a mission to build a base with several stations, and then to build my exocraft. Haven't had that happen yet. I had a very basic one, where i needed to build a simple cabin, but that was it.

yeah i barely got to planet 1 in my new playthrough last night and was told to build a base already
    i didn't like the planet though so maybe somewhere else

Item(s) duplication glitch for those who are into that:
    1. Put a refinery down.
    2. Put an item inside it
    3. Put a second refinery down
    4. Open second refinery, take duplicate item.
    5. Pick up second refinery
    6. Repeat steps 3-4

It duplicates the item, and also the amount.

(Confirm works on XB1)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oh i had the basic base building mission, with the literal cabin. But in previous patches, you had a full quest chain to build different structures which eventually led to an Exocraft. That was what i was wondering about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Took me about 2 hours to get off my first planet. There was one other player there too, didn't cross paths though. 2 or 3 ships flew overhead occasionally, is that just set dressing or actual players?

Also, is it recommended to follow the Awakenings quest chain for a while (does it open up needed items?) or are you free to randomly fly around space now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

J. Marston wrote: »
    2 or 3 ships flew overhead occasionally, is that just set dressing or actual players?

Also, is it recommended to follow the Awakenings quest chain for a while (does it open up needed items?) or are you free to randomly fly around space now?
    Set dressing as you say but they are flying to a specific trade location. If you followed them you'd see them land at a trading post. You can see the transport link lines between planets when in space and sometimes on planets.
    I think that I'd do Awakenings for a bit, just to get a hang of the mechanics. You'll soon find that you've played for 3 hours and not actually done anything buy fly around and wonder what's around the next hill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You can now tag locations for your buddies to see, this is very handy. it pulses on their screens.

Few more issues with localisation of the players but good fun playing "has anyone got?" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If nothing else, they’ve made the most photogenic game to have ever existed orders of magnitude more photogenic with the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I have a PS4 pro and Xbox one x

Do any of you have this on both systems and which would you recommend I buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PS4 is €17 and XBOX is full on €60+

I have a PS4 pro and Xbox one x

Do any of you have this on both systems and which would you recommend I buy

I have the game on "vanilla" PS4, it definitely struggles a bit. I also have it on the X, and it's a far smoother experience. From what I've read online, the PS4 Pro runs worse than the Xbox One X; lower resolution, choppier framerate, detail pop in is worse. And apparently it has troubles with PS4 boost mode (frequent crashes).

So, plays better on the X for sure, but...
    PS4 is €17 and XBOX is full on €60+

...very hard to justify that price difference. While I definitely got my money's worth from initial release on PS4 (in terms of play time), launching at ~€60 on Xbox is hard to swallow.

But like I said, I bought it for the X. Brought my Xbox on a nice trip to Argentina to get the game for €15 (jiggery and/or pokery with VPN and console regions). If you're up to that, I'd say absolutely get it on the X.

Spent a bit of time farming last night and did a few freighter missions. Got my advanced mining laser, and around 4 million credits from one mission which was great. Going to do some more tonight, then look for a new ship. It needs extra cargo space, but the big ones are around 20-30 million credits it seems.

Once i get that, find my perfect planet and start my base. I still haven't found a planet that isn't trying to kill me. Sentinels mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Found a ship that's better than mine on a planet but it needs so many repairs it's not worth taking. Just like real life. I'm just going to save up and get a real nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Have they made many changes to the gameplay since launch or is it just a multiplayer/aesthetic update?

Found a ship that's better than mine on a planet but it needs so many repairs it's not worth taking. Just like real life. I'm just going to save up and get a real nice one.

How did you find the ship? Just random scanning or were you looking for something in particular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I found one as well,was part of the path of the Atlas quest line. Was led to it.

Can confirm repair costs were through the roof.

41.99 on Xbox in Argos. Site says unavailable but stores have stock 805/8597

EDIT: Not sure why they didn't just but a code in the box , the disc is only a 92mb install and an 8gb update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

How did you find the ship? Just random scanning or were you looking for something in particular?

You can find crashed ships via randomly stumbling on them or via distress beacons from comm towers.

I got fed up with the inventory limits of my fresh character so jumped onto my original account with a maxed out suit, ship and millions of credits and jumped back to the system when I first tried base building. Entered the system and found myself in the save the free capital ship mission and damn I lucked out, as its an awesome looking 30 slot Star Destroyer :D

20180727160821_1_zps4no5ixld.jpg

Going to get started in a bit , are there any pit falls or things I should be aware of so I don't waste a heap of time or resources?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Is there a planet map or a radio?
    I found a crashed ship (one that I couldn't enter) but had found a message from a survivor that they heard a radio signal and were going to find it. I can't figure out how to follow this mission from the main one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Crashed twice on me this evening and once last night, each time when I was using the terrain manipulator. Can't remember the last time I had a game actually crash on me.

The third time I had done maybe half an hour of exploring outside the ship, gathering resources, then when I went back in it was all gone. It's an interesting game but I can't be dealing with that frustration and annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have 73 million from crashed ships :/

Million for liquid explosives and then later in the game, you need that **** :D

Went to load it up there and have a 3.5gb update. Must have just been pushed as I only installed it around tea time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Shiminay wrote: »
    He lied. He lied and lied and lied and no amount of "well maybe he was under pressure to do so" or "maybe he didn't quite get it" will ever change the fact that he told massive lies and mis-sold his product and in doing so, mislead thousands of people into buying a product that was not as described.

It's happened many times with many products, he lied and oversold, people need to get over it and stop with the neverending circle-jerk of righteous indignity and virtue signalling, he didn't kill anyone

People: read reviews before buying games, foolproof method to avoid being burned

Advertisement