Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

So starting out I fixed up the ship and the game is telling me to get in and fly away in it and I decide no chance so out i set to look around found some kind of out post with an angry alien who calls me an interloper in red text. Thinking this won't end well and I'm a 10 minute run from the ship (love how it gives you the time it takes as well as distance) so I hand over my multitool when asked for fear of pissing him off and he gives me a sweet upgraded one with 9 slots worth 420k :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus the lies out of that guys mouth really were amazing at the time. He had a really off-putting manner about him aswell, that teeth grinding smile when he must have known what he was saying was BS:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im blasting through it now,having the experience of finishing it when it intially released has obviously helped a lot with the mechanics.

One thing i am noticing is that the spawning of outposts on planets has been scaled back. Also certain types i couldnt get to spawn at all when i started the game yet i could easily find them in previous versions of the game.

It seems to be the type of building that can spawn is tied to my progress through the story,for instance i wanted to spam unlock a few blueprints from manufacturing facilities but for the life of me couldt find any.

Then as soon as the story took me to one i could find them ok.

This could just be total RNG s**t luck but it seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Thargor wrote: »
    Jesus the lies out of that guys mouth really were amazing at the time. He had a really off-putting manner about him aswell, that teeth grinding smile when he must have known what he was saying was BS:

Smarmy bollox.

How big can your inventory get? Just left the 1st planet and already it's an issue. Got 1 additional slot on a space station so have 25 slots now and my ship as about 12-15 i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

How big can your inventory get? Just left the 1st planet and already it's an issue. Got 1 additional slot on a space station so have 25 slots now and my ship as about 12-15 i think.

This gives the best description of slots in the suit and inventory.

Having read the thread over the last few days, I intended on giving it a go again, first time since launch, last night. But it never automatically updated so I had a 10Gb download on 4G. Will be ready for me tonight, really looking forward to it now. Just gonna start a new game as if it's the first time playing it again! I got over 100 hours on the launch version, and unlike a lot of people, I think I got more than my monies worth as I didn't buy into the hype, and I wanted a solo game where I could just explore, and that's exactly what I got.

Can you turn off the MP side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I heard you can in settings. But what are the actual chances of running into people?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I heard you can in settings. But what are the actual chances of running into people?

I'll have a look when I head home. Reading this thread, it can happen that people can show up in game. I'll leave it be initially and see how it affects the game, but the last thing I want is some lad thinking that griefing me is fun. So I'll most likely turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I didn't run into someone but did get a message that someone was joining my game so hopefully if you do want a solo experience you can switch that off

Yeah you can absolutely turn it off in the pause menu and open it up again.

I tried joining a few games but it spawns you at their ship which they are mostly likely away from and it wasn't immediately clear to me from the hud where in the world they were.

• Advertisement

Ive mine up to 35 now,i think its 45 or there abouts for your exo suit.

I found a planet with minable cobalt and copper. Theres also condensed carbon and sodium nitrate if you have an advanced mining laser. The only thing thats a bit short is oxygen for using the drop pods for extra slots. Its perfect storm of ingrediants for exo suit slots.

You will need the BP for antimatter to get slots from the drop pods though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm stuck on a technician quest for my base, he sent me off to attack a sentinel depot and get "divine elements". I shot the containers, got stuff like nitrogen etc, but it won't let me hand the quest in... Any ideas?
    The quest prompt is saying i finished it and should return to him

Eta: i just got back to my base and the doors have disappeared... Buggy or what

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm stuck on a technician quest for my base, he sent me off to attack a sentinel depot and get "divine elements". I shot the containers, got stuff like nitrogen etc, but it won't let me hand the quest in... Any ideas?
    The quest prompt is saying i finished it and should return to him

Eta: i just got back to my base and the doors have disappeared... Buggy or what

I had that happen last night and the way I got around it was to use the exocraft, not your ship to go to the location. Took me 2 runs for the quest to correct and let me hand in the mats.

I'v been playing around with the rescue freighter missions "feature" and they still work in 1.5 Took me 3 goes and I bagged an S class Dreadnought :)

20180728212209_1_zpsx4ab10gv.jpg

Oh my god i was using the ship the whole time so i could make a getaway!
    On the plus side i have just sold all that crap for a fortune before i go to try again
    Did u use the exocraft gun?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Oh my god i was using the ship the whole time so i could make a getaway!
    On the plus side i have just sold all that crap for a fortune before i go to try again
    Did u use the exocraft gun?

No I used my multitool aoe grenade. You can see the Armadium getting adding to your inventory like when you harvest normal stuff. The depot containers you blow up are made of it so don't worry about the description of the mats in them. I also nuked the pods the sents drop so that might have something to do with it?

Once I had the mats for the NPC I called in the ship and flew back to base.

Oh cool i dont have a grenade yet so i was using the boltcaster
    Didnt see any armadium getting added ��

I've just been exploring so it likely comes up at some point but the game really should tell you as soon as you run out of pulse fuel that all you need to do is shoot asteroids for titanium.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jumped into a system and was greeted with a fleet of frigates being attacked. Took out the attacking ships and the captain of one of the fleet called me aboard and gave me his frigate.

Is this a scripted thing? I feel very low-levelled for a frigate!

The image of the fleet with starships swooping around attacking it was very impressive though.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jumped into a system and was greeted with a fleet of frigates being attacked. Took out the attacking ships and the captain of one of the fleet called me aboard and gave me his frigate.

Is this a scripted thing? I feel very low-levelled for a frigate!

The image of the fleet with starships swooping around attacking it was very impressive though.

Saw a lot of distress signals in different systems,didnt realise thats how you got the free frigate!!

Thought it was attached to a quest line ive been pirsuing.

I will be doing one in the morning.

I wonder are the frigate types influenced by which species rules the system you do it in. Like the ships are.

If thats the case ill probably do it in Gek system for more slots.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Saw a lot of distress signals in different systems,didnt realise thats how you got the free frigate!!

Thought it was attached to a quest line ive been pirsuing.

I will be doing one in the morning.

I wonder are the frigate types influenced by which species rules the system you do it in. Like the ships are.

If that's the case ill probably do it in Gek system for more slots.

The way this works is after 3-4 hours of play time and on your 5-6 warp jump, a save the freighter mission pops which is the battle you find yourself in when entering a system. The more wealthy the system the better rank of freighter can spawn.

The trick is to do 4 jumps and then save in a space station and log out. Log back in and jump into a wealthy system so you boost your odds of getting an A or S class with 30+ slots. The system determines the look of the ship and this mission is the only way to get the HUGE Dreadnought class ships.

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    The way this works is after 3-4 hours of play time and on your 5-6 warp jump, a save the freighter mission pops which is the battle you find yourself in when entering a system. The more wealthy the system the better rank of freighter can spawn.

The trick is to do 4 jumps and then save in a space station and log out. Log back in and jump into a wealthy system so you boost your odds of getting an A or S class with 30+ slots. The system determines the look of the ship and this mission is the only way to get the HUGE Dreadnought class ships.

I didnt bother with any of the distress signals yet,i veered off to the atlas path and a side mission called artemis something or other.

The distress calls are in pretty much every system i enter now,guess that was the game trying to tell me something!!

Does the controlling race not have any influence on ship type?

Iirc the type of race that owns a system will impact how the ship is set up,

Gek-Trade Focused
    Vi'Kyeen-Combat Focused
    Korvax- Exploratiin focused

Never had a frigate so just assumed it would be similar for them.

Im so tempted to fire up my old save but i made a lot of progress in the new game yesterday. If i can get a 20 slot ship ill be in business and wont have to worry about inventory slots anymore.

I have the bp for the mod that shows system value on galaxy map. Must get that installed.

*Edit* Pretty sure i answered my own question,got my freighter(24 slots) in a Vi'Kyeen system and it says its fitted for combat in the invemtory screen. Ill try get next one in gek space and try for trade one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I got an S Class freighter inadvertently :D

it was basically free.

Can you get stranded? Because I think I'm stranded.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can you get stranded? Because I think I'm stranded.

Galaxy map should point out your home base and any mission locations.

No, I thought I was stuck on a planet because I accidentally moved all my uranium to a freighter so I thought I had no launch fuel but figured out it's just combining a metal plate and di-hydrogen for a take-off.

I jumped for the first time and am sitting on about 2.5 million units. One of the first things I got from repairing destroyed equipments was a mod that gives me 6000-7000% on newly discovered plants :eek:

I jumped for the first time and am sitting on about 2.5 million units. One of the first things I got from repairing destroyed equipments was a mod that gives me 6000-7000% on newly discovered plants :eek:

Nice! Havent come across that yet,sounds quite valuble!

Ive only been able to upload my discoveries once. Server is always down according to the game but its still worth trying it every now and then,sapamming it worked the one time for me anyway.

Gonna take a break from the atlas path and side missions for a bit and build myself a nice base. Found a nice watery world to settle on. Have 2 systems right next door with good resources so wont have to go far for the rarer stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Had a good run this weekend, and setup my base after finally finding a planet that wasn't trying to kill me in one way or another. Also has rings, which is an added bonus. Working away at the crafting missions now, and will see what they provide. Also finally upgraded my starting ship after about 15 hours, to a B class 32 slot fighter. Looks decent, and more than doubled my cargo cap. And with the added exosuit slots, inventory issue's are nowhere near as bad anymore.

My free freighter is only a class C one, and i can't see myself ever being able to afford an A or S class (150 million + from what i've seen).

I've really enjoyed this playthrough, and i'm about 20 hours in i'd say. Not sure how much longer it'll last me, as it can get a bit frustrating having to constantly refuel the thrusters and warp drive, especially if you are constantly jumping from system to systeme, but we'll see. Might mod that requirement down a bit.

Are rings around a planet significant Klith?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nope, they just look way better :D

One bad thing i will say is it can be extremely buggy. I just lost an hours play just now after getting stuck inside a building when i removed an object that was near it. Thought maybe i could delete that building, but no...it won't let me because i'm inside it. Really frustrating :mad:

Nevermind, i managed to delete the ground tiles nearby, and summon a different ship to my location. Then as it landed i was able to get in and it moved me to an unstuck position. Thank god :P

Advertisement