Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kiith wrote: »
    Had a good run this weekend, and setup my base after finally finding a planet that wasn't trying to kill me in one way or another. Also has rings, which is an added bonus. Working away at the crafting missions now, and will see what they provide. Also finally upgraded my starting ship after about 15 hours, to a B class 32 slot fighter. Looks decent, and more than doubled my cargo cap. And with the added exosuit slots, inventory issue's are nowhere near as bad anymore.

My free freighter is only a class C one, and i can't see myself ever being able to afford an A or S class (150 million + from what i've seen).

I've really enjoyed this playthrough, and i'm about 20 hours in i'd say. Not sure how much longer it'll last me, as it can get a bit frustrating having to constantly refuel the thrusters and warp drive, especially if you are constantly jumping from system to systeme, but we'll see. Might mod that requirement down a bit.

i put a teleporter in my base so i'm having fun porting around the place for free and flying from the starbase!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

bluewolf wrote: »
    i put a teleporter in my base so i'm having fun porting around the place for free and flying from the starbase!!

I just did the same there as well. Also figured out why my build options were so limited, and what to do with all those salvaged tech things i was finding. On my way to building a nice base now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How do you warp to further systems? I make a warp cell but I seem to be only able to jump to the neighbouring system.

J. Marston wrote: »
    How do you warp to further systems? I make a warp cell but I seem to be only able to jump to the neighbouring system.

You're around the same point as me. Just do the main objective and it will push you to jump again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have 600LY jump drive somehow, I bought an exotic ship for 42m :D

Have a game ending bug with the Artemis quest line, the next contact is not showing up. Googling leads to a lot of others with the same problem and no fix :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have 600LY jump drive somehow, I bought an exotic ship for 42m :D

Have a game ending bug with the Artemis quest line, the next contact is not showing up. Googling leads to a lot of others with the same problem and no fix :(

I've had a few of those. Playing in single player and using the latest beta version (apply through steam) has resolved most of them... eventually.

Multiplayer is buggy as ****. Quests that you start while in someone elses game have a high probability of ****ing up. Pity.

Noticed it will give you standing with the wrong factions when turning in a mission sometimes. I did a few of the scan 4 plants one for the Vy'keen and it said I had increased in standing with the Gek.

I stopped doing any of those side quests a while back. I'll do freighter ones as they are still very lucrative, but getting 50k credits for 20 minutes work is absolutely not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Going after the artifacts from ruins can be quite lucrative, or maybe I just got lucky. Did 4, 2 were worth <1m, and the other 2 were worth 13m and 15m each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Going after the artifacts from ruins can be quite lucrative, or maybe I just got lucky. Did 4, 2 were worth <1m, and the other 2 were worth 13m and 15m each.

I was mining those aswell,had awful luck,my highest was 1.9mil from a heap of them. Lots were worth 100k:(

I got a BP for Fusion Accelerant just there and you can make a packet off that. You can buy the mats to carft it off the ships that land in station. Bout 500k for the mats and it sells for roughly 2mil. You can usually buy 35+ of each ingridient as well so thats....lots and lots of money very quickly.

And is easily repeatable if a little boring.

• Advertisement

I've been trying to find some good blueprints for crafting, but haven't gotten much yet. I do have one for a Superconductor (or something like that) which is worth 5.2 mill, but i don't have the blueprints for the materials yet. Ruins are pretty good, but my luck hasn't been great either. Most i got was around 3 mill.

Freighter missions that reward items are the best i've come across. Done 5 or 6 of them, and i get 2-4 mill a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I stopped doing any of those side quests a while back. I'll do freighter ones as they are still very lucrative, but getting 50k credits for 20 minutes work is absolutely not worth it.

Stack an S, A and B class scanner on your multi-tool and you'll be raking in 100K+ for each animal / plant scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

EoinHef wrote: »
    I was mining those aswell,had awful luck,my highest was 1.9mil from a heap of them. Lots were worth 100k:(

I got a BP for Fusion Accelerant just there and you can make a packet off that. You can buy the mats to carft it off the ships that land in station. Bout 500k for the mats and it sells for roughly 2mil. You can usually buy 35+ of each ingridient as well so thats....lots and lots of money very quickly.

And is easily repeatable if a little boring.

Where do the blueprints come from?

Stack an S, A and B class scanner on your multi-tool and you'll be raking in 100K+ for each animal / plant scanned.

Do the S class mods stack? Like is it better having all S class or is a mix of S, A and B work out better overall?

Afaik you can stack one mod with an S Class any more and the item becomes overloaded.

So an A and S combined would be the best option.

Cant find that scanner for 100k, its called Holographic something and sits oni your shoulder, in case someone is looking for an actual scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I remember being so insanely disappointed by this on release and eventually getting a refund from Steam after a lot of back and forth.

However, all the reviews, positive comments and apparently amazing updates I'm really considering picking this up again as I so desperately wanted it to be great.

Let's be brutally honest here people, is it worth it?

Handy tips here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I remember being so insanely disappointed by this on release and eventually getting a refund from Steam after a lot of back and forth.

However, all the reviews, positive comments and apparently amazing updates I'm really considering picking this up again as I so desperately wanted it to be great.

I've been a bit tempted as well. Never played the game but noticed you can get it for €20 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I got it on the xbox one on release day last week and have put around 15 hours into it.....Id have barely put 15 hours into my xbox the last few months.

So I just noticed you can feed the animals and they get a smiley face. Cute but I'd sooner have kept my cobalt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Why is this concept never explained within the game? :mad:

• Advertisement

So I just noticed you can feed the animals and they get a smiley face. Cute but I'd sooner have kept my cobalt.

Follow them. Sometimes they'll dig up a resource. Other times they take a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Why is this concept never explained within the game? :mad:

If you stack them in a row, they glow a little and give a stat bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think this is very hard to answer because while there has been lots of updates and new features it is still essentially the same core game. Did you enjoy the core aspects of the original?

Its well worth 30 of your euros.

Bought a S class scanner upgrade that gives +7500% flora and fauna analysis rewards.

Can you transfer these upgrades if you find/buy a new multi-tool?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bought a S class scanner upgrade that gives +7500% flora and fauna analysis rewards.

Can you transfer these upgrades if you find/buy a new multi-tool?

Where did you get this? :D

If its a blueprint you can make it again, doesnt seem to be a way to transfer modules maybe you can in the compare screen?

I learned that the hard way, had to reload losing about 45 minutes. Same when swapping ships with someone you lose your cargo etc. another reload for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I've been trying to find some good blueprints for crafting, but haven't gotten much yet. I do have one for a Superconductor (or something like that) which is worth 5.2 mill, but i don't have the blueprints for the materials yet. Ruins are pretty good, but my luck hasn't been great either. Most i got was around 3 mill.

Freighter missions that reward items are the best i've come across. Done 5 or 6 of them, and i get 2-4 mill a pop.

I cant craft the stuff for the accelerant either,the ships that land in the stations sell rare items for crafting. Id been using them for the mats for rare mods.

That superconduter BP is twice the value of the accelerant BP,id check it out. What the ships sell seems to me to be RNG so you might need to check 10/20 of them to get both ingridients

Venom wrote: »
    Where do the blueprints come from?

Manufacturing facilities,blast you way in,solve puzzle and have a chance at getting BP's.

I made 40 mil in about 40 mins,now i have seed money i can buy much more of each of the ingridients. Just doing the math i can buy all 36 stock of each ingridient they usally have for about 18mil,turn that into 36 accelerent which will then sell for 72mil....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I spent 30 mins shooting asteroids for 90k :pac:

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Where did you get this? :D

If its a blueprint you can make it again, doesnt seem to be a way to transfer modules maybe you can in the compare screen?

Just bought it from a tech merchant on a space station, past the Omicron Persei 8 system. If you see Ilios, you've gone past it!

Found some ancient keys at a ruin. Just gotta find they fit now.

Advertisement