Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can you transfer these upgrades if you find/buy a new multi-tool?

Upgrades can't be transferred, just make sure to dismantle any tech before the swap/purchase and you'll reclaim some of the resources used to build them (making sure you have free slots for these). You may not have the blueprint needed to rebuild so beforehand check under Guide/Technology for the list of known ones - you'll have the blueprint for the ones with a spanner/screwdriver icon in the bottom right corner.

Also, similar technology should be placed in adjacent slots to get a small additional bonus, it's not critical and the layout of the slots of some ships/tools don't always make this possible anyway.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just bought it from a tech merchant on a space station, past the Omicron Persei 8 system. If you see Ilios, you've gone past it!

Found some ancient keys at a ruin. Just gotta find they fit now.

Where you found them, use the scanner there will be an ancient chest. You have to dig up 3 keys to unlock it. Just be careful there are usually gravitino balls you can pick up in the area, doing so will trigger a level 3 alert for sentinels.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Where you found them, use the scanner there will be an ancient chest. You have to dig up 3 keys to unlock it. Just be careful there are usually gravitino balls you can pick up in the area, doing so will trigger a level 3 alert for sentinels.

Yep, just did that there and got something called "Age-old composition" that is worth 2 million. That's an enjoyable gameplay loop. Message from a relic directing you to a ruin where you must go treasure hunting by literally excavating.

Also, can you harm other players? Someone called Smog_77 entered the system I was in and I saw he was on a planet and I decided to fire at him from my ship. He started running back to his ship while a toxic rainstorm started. Felt a little bad afterwards!

Yeah this game can be crap at explaining stuff, so got my free freighter and it tells you absolutely nothing about it. Like that you can talk to it's former captain to move stuff from your ship or that there is a mission board in that room on a console.

EDIT: Seems after coming back to the game I no longer have a freighter ? And the stuff I stashed in it is gone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"This place looks nice. What's the climate like?"

Bone stripping acid storms

zGHQb4O.gif?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cant make freighter fuel,didnt get the blueprint for building the command room. At the time i didnt want to hang around the freighter as i was doing other stuff so left without doing the tutorial for it. I pretty sure the tutorial gives the BP for finishing it. Now the tutorial is gone from my secondarie missions.

Sux

Any way to warp back to a previous system? The galaxy map is a bloody pox :mad:

Any way to warp back to a previous system? The galaxy map is a bloody pox :mad:

Previously discovered systems have a ring around them. The best way i found to navigate it was by selecting custom way point,deselecting the current system which frees up the camera,then trace the ringed systems back to where you wanna go. Then put a custom way point on the system you want to go to which then plots a route.

Its not great really but once you get the hang of it its managable

Thanks I ended up having to portal back then wraping to the one I came from in the hope of finding the freighter I was given after a battle and reclaiming my stuff.

I found it, it was were it should be, there as I exited warp but I don't own it anymore :(

EDIT: Seems from my search on this it's a common enough bug, I should get another pirate attack after a few warps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

There is a patch due out in the next few days to fix issues, I'm getting a bug where my freighter needs repair but wont give me the option to, reddit tells me to warp out and back so ill try that later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ugh

I thought with the new fleet management system you could own more than one freighter.

Ive lost my good one :(

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ugh

I thought with the new fleet management system you could own more than one freighter.

Ive lost my good one :(

I did something similar. Thankfully it was only a C class to a C class. I don't like to think about doing the same with an A or S class :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Where's this freighter? I haven't come across anything like that at all.

I found a planet with a crashed ship (not the kind you can swap or strip down) and there was a mission to follow a signal on the planet. It said it'd turn up as a secondary mission but it didn't. Is this how you get the freighter or is that in space?

wyrn wrote: »
    Where's this freighter? I haven't come across anything like that at all.

I found a planet with a crashed ship (not the kind you can swap or strip down) and there was a mission to follow a signal on the planet. It said it'd turn up as a secondary mission but it didn't. Is this how you get the freighter or is that in space?

After a few warps, you'll see a freighter asking for help from pirates. Kill them then land and you'll be offered one for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Jumped in to check the update, looks great but my home base seems to be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Found this in post on Reddit about slot placement.

mY3ywVh.png

fabiDw2.png?1

AaCwgsB.png

fZdOYa9.png

MIQz3hV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

circadian wrote: »
    Jumped in to check the update, looks great but my home base seems to be gone!

afaik - latest update contains a tutorial on how to reclaim it.
    Don't ask me how though cause I started over :P

Venom wrote: »
    Found this in post on Reddit about slot placement.

I meant to do some reading on that as I saw a tip on one of the screens saying you get a boost for grouping things in the inventories.

Pain that you can't move them after they are placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So I started this over the weekend, and I'm hooked again. Started from scratch as I hadn't touched it since April last year apparently. Liking the new additions, but sweet baby Jesus can I find any technology modules that I can afford? Quite annoying, and I know I know it, but how does one find blueprints again? And are they random or are there places we can go to aside from the merchants to get upgrades for the multitool?

So I started this over the weekend, and I'm hooked again. Started from scratch as I hadn't touched it since April last year apparently. Liking the new additions, but sweet baby Jesus can I find any technology modules that I can afford? Quite annoying, and I know I know it, but how does one find blueprints again? And are they random or are there places we can go to aside from the merchants to get upgrades for the multitool?

I could be wrong (limited play time), but I think you can buy them in the space stations. Check the merchants on the left hand side as you come into the station. I think I've also seen the merchants in certain buildings on planets too. Purchase them with Nanite Clusters.

• Advertisement

Got a mission to raid a depot , grand i'll fly over there and take it out form the air. Could see sentinels weren't pleased but the mission wasn't completing so I said I'd hop out and have a look, from the air it did not show me the big ass mech that was down there :eek:

I legged it

Getting a little frustrated with the required materials for some of the later crafting items. Each time i get back to base after completing a mission, i need to go off and search for another item i've not found. It's not so bad when it's something you are able to actually look for (i.e. frost salts), but i hate being asked for a dagger or cube. Random crates will orccasionally give you one pretty quickly, but other times it takes ages.

If you go to the relevant species space stations and talk to them,if they offer barter for 1000 credits take that option and the will usually give a relevant reward for their species.

Gek nip etc in a gek station

Dagger,Effigy etc in Vy'keen

Are the atlas keys a consumable or reusable item? 200 copper is a bit rich to make a v1 one. Haven't bothered to get the copper I need for it yet.

Are the atlas keys a consumable or reusable item? 200 copper is a bit rich to make a v1 one. Haven't bothered to get the copper I need for it yet.

I've made the first few, but still have absolutely no idea what they are for. I'm assuming it will become clearer as i find more stations...which i might do at some stage.
    EoinHef wrote: »
    If you go to the relevant species space stations and talk to them,if they offer barter for 1000 credits take that option and the will usually give a relevant reward for their species.

Gek nip etc in a gek station

Dagger,Effigy etc in Vy'keen
    Yeah, i've gotten a few that way, but usually ended up selling them due to inventory issues. Need to start saving them in my base.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've made the first few, but still have absolutely no idea what they are for. I'm assuming it will become clearer as i find more stations...which i might do at some stage.

Yeah, i've gotten a few that way, but usually ended up selling them due to inventory issues. Need to start saving them in my base.

You should see cylinders at out posts on the landing areas , they take a V1 , the space station has a door with a V2 lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Chaps,

Just a very quick question hopefully with a quick answer.

Just about to jump in to the updated version, which mode do you guys play? Normal or survival?

Also if I choose new solo game can I use that character later in multiplayer?

Thanks.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Chaps,

Just a very quick question hopefully with a quick answer.

Just about to jump in to the updated version, which mode do you guys play? Normal or survival?

Also if I choose new solo game can I use that character later in multiplayer?

Thanks.

M.

I'm playing normal and I'd say most others are as well. As for multiplayer, you pick what save so to use so whatever you have in the singleplayer game you have in the multiplayer.

For multiplayer the save has to be for the same type of game mode as your partner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Thanks for the replies, I started last night on survival mode and couldn’t even get to the bits to repair my ship before dying!

I’ll try today on normal mode.

Advertisement