Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm thinking of getting this - I don't have a One X though, just a regular Xbox One. I'm guessing it'll play ok?

Not sure about the price though - I like the idea of sort of wandering around space and exploring planets etc, and figuring things out along the way. Is it that sort of game? I also like the idea of short missions to give you some kind of focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Is there a PlayStation group/chat for this? Wouldn’t mind visiting yer local space station for those sweet sweet suit slots

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Went to get it yesterday in CEX and its sold out everywhere go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Hey all, after waiting 2 years for this game to be all it could be I jumped at the opportunity to buy it on seeing all the great new updates.

I am really into base building and eventually building a town on the Planet I am on. However, I also co-op with my 4 friends a lot. So my question is, If I am on my friends planet (Toxic Hell Hole I) which is literally 127 LY away from my home system- does my player base still exist there, once I have the base uploaded to servers? Is it just a case of warping back to my system and et voila, there it is?

I hope so as it would ruin the sense of immersion to be honest if I have to log back into my own instance every time. Can people also advise where it is most profitable where best to mine for valuable resources? Is it best to do it on horrible inhospitable planets as the game suggests?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How do you lose sentinels in space? They won't fúck off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

J. Marston wrote: »
    How do you lose sentinels in space? They won't fúck off!

You can't lose them in a system as they just keep coming, so the only options are hide on a planet inside a building until they stop looking for you or kill the ship in space and quickly warp to another system before the next sentinel ship jumps in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

So ughhh are we allowed talk about duplication glitches here?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

EoinHef wrote: »
    If you go to the relevant species space stations and talk to them,if they offer barter for 1000 credits take that option and the will usually give a relevant reward for their species.

Gek nip etc in a gek station

Dagger,Effigy etc in Vy'keen

omg is that how you get them!
    i always go for the 'teach me a word' option then the barter thing disappears

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Very interested in finally picking this up now. What does it run like on a standard ps4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I moved some of the posts from the pictures thread here. Let's keep that one just for screenshots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hey all, after waiting 2 years for this game to be all it could be I jumped at the opportunity to buy it on seeing all the great new updates.

I am really into base building and eventually building a town on the Planet I am on. However, I also co-op with my 4 friends a lot. So my question is, If I am on my friends planet (Toxic Hell Hole I) which is literally 127 LY away from my home system- does my player base still exist there, once I have the base uploaded to servers? Is it just a case of warping back to my system and et voila, there it is?

I hope so as it would ruin the sense of immersion to be honest if I have to log back into my own instance every time. Can people also advise where it is most profitable where best to mine for valuable resources? Is it best to do it on horrible inhospitable planets as the game suggests?

Thanks in advance

Use the Space Station in both your systems to warp between Bases, saves fuel :) You can warp to his from your station and vice versa

Tbh do missions if you want money, I have over 100 million units from doing missions on the mission board/Freighter, you get stupid amounts of money and if they dont give money they give items which are worth loads of money or even better nanites!!

Some great tips in this link for new and returning players.

https://imgur.com/gallery/sraVsQ0

I've found a few unmarked graves so far and they mention something about glyphs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I've found a few unmarked graves so far and they mention something about glyphs :confused:

Yeah 16 of them,not sure what there for either. I think ive 4 of them. Something to do with Traveller story line i think. Which doesnt seem to offer a specific quest but pops up every now and then. Some aliens you meet are also "travellers" whatever that means.

Its the previous NMS update, you could use them to warp to another players bright shiny light.

If they knew all the glyphs and you knew all the glyphs and they gave you the correct order of glyphs to get to them and you inputted the ...............Multiplayer as it is was probably easier tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Someone just warped to the planet I was on, gave me 10 items worth 180 million units and fecked off again. Sound lad. Anyone in a system where there’s a good range of minerals? I have a lot of modules that need installing & it’s slim pickings where I am now. Even the trade terminals are crap here

• Registered Users Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not playing the game but saw this thread on Twitter and thought it was a great read.

https://twitter.com/BMCarbaugh/status/1024517425306513408?s=19

jackrussel wrote: »
    Someone just warped to the planet I was on, gave me 10 items worth 180 million units and fecked off again. Sound lad. Anyone in a system where there’s a good range of minerals? I have a lot of modules that need installing & it’s slim pickings where I am now. Even the trade terminals are crap here

Systems are different for everyone.

Do missions and get nanite and purchase modules, they dont need materials to create. Just space to install so dont put an S Class Photon on a ****ty ship/multitool.

Some lad joined my game and his name was niggasomfin, I killed him then guarded his grave until he left.

Not sure if he could get his **** back eventually (his own save) but didnt in my world.

We have now released update 1.53 to PC, which includes the fixes detailed below. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes:

Fix to restore savegames for players affected by a specific issue with freighter expeditions
    Fix for an occasional white screen crash during loading
    Fix for frigates not reporting their damaged state correctly
    Fix for an issue that could block players in the “fuel the warp drive” stage of the tutorial
    Fix for repairing broken ship slots in Creative Mode
    Improvements to exocraft laser damage
    Improvements for animations while turning, jetpacking, and standing on objects
    Memory optimisations to improve stability
    Preventative fix for potential stability issue with mission handling

Hopfully this will sort out alot of the issues people are having with the early tutorial missions borking out and ruining a savegame.

Go the the ships that land on stations,they will have loads of the rare crafting materials.

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    We have now released update 1.53 to PC, which includes the fixes detailed below. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes:

Fix to restore savegames for players affected by a specific issue with freighter expeditions
    Fix for an occasional white screen crash during loading
    Fix for frigates not reporting their damaged state correctly
    Fix for an issue that could block players in the “fuel the warp drive” stage of the tutorial
    Fix for repairing broken ship slots in Creative Mode
    Improvements to exocraft laser damage
    Improvements for animations while turning, jetpacking, and standing on objects
    Memory optimisations to improve stability
    Preventative fix for potential stability issue with mission handling

Hopfully this will sort out alot of the issues people are having with the early tutorial missions borking out and ruining a savegame.

I saw the freighter fuel bug is up for a fix. I have the game on PC but bought it this time around on PS4 to play with friends,one thing about console and patches is the certification process taking a lot longer. Bummer. Cant do anything with my ever increasing fleet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Seriously?
    I'm struggling to get 80k together to buy a technology module! :(

I was flying to a spot on a planet in an effort to find a tech mod for free, came across an abandoned starship. I accidentally made it my own ship, trying to compare them. Now I have a busted up ship, that I'm trying to repair all the systems in, and all I wanted was a tech mod :mad:

Good laugh though :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Seriously?
    I'm struggling to get 80k together to buy a technology module! :(

I was flying to a spot on a planet in an effort to find a tech mod for free, came across an abandoned starship. I accidentally made it my own ship, trying to compare them. Now I have a busted up ship, that I'm trying to repair all the systems in, and all I wanted was a tech mod :mad:

Good laugh though :D

I done that too, I clicked exchange rather than buy and add it to my fleet :pac: Just get the launch thrusters and engines going, fly into your freighter or a space station and swap it for another ship, usually for free if its a lower class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I done that too, I clicked exchange rather than buy and add it to my fleet :pac: Just get the launch thrusters and engines going, fly into your freighter or a space station and swap it for another ship, usually for free if its a lower class.

Ah yes, good thinking! :)
    Do I need to repair the ships shield to leave the planet?

Seriously?
    I'm struggling to get 80k together to buy a technology module! frown.png

I was flying to a spot on a planet in an effort to find a tech mod for free, came across an abandoned starship. I accidentally made it my own ship, trying to compare them. Now I have a busted up ship, that I'm trying to repair all the systems in, and all I wanted was a tech mod mad.png

Good laugh though biggrin.png

Mine asteroids in space and sell them at a space station or trading station. Scan everything you see on a planet and then upload it to get both credits and nanites and upgrade the scanner mods as much as you can which boosts up the credit rewards to insane levels. With 3 S class mods, you can make 300k per large animal and 90k per plant and rock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Penn wrote: »
    Not playing the game but saw this thread on Twitter and thought it was a great read.

https://twitter.com/BMCarbaugh/status/1024517425306513408?s=19
    I now want to find Space Arizona :D

Glass planets are very strange. Found one with giant structures with a glass dome on top and bright yellow tendrils flowing from under the dome.

It looked so gross, should've taken a pic.

Ah yes, good thinking! :)
    Do I need to repair the ships shield to leave the planet?

Nope just launchers and engine

J. Marston wrote: »
    Glass planets are very strange. Found one with giant structures with a glass dome on top and bright yellow tendrils flowing from under the dome.

It looked so gross, should've taken a pic.

These ones?

Very odd.

1E08DA36F64A4D34DE54009C57E99697785D6876

• Advertisement

That's what it looked like from space. But the description for my one said glass planet instead of crimson. Still probably the same though.

Advertisement