Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

Saw this on reddit :D

2tfanneplod11.png

So ughhh are we allowed talk about duplication glitches here?

I don't see why not, but wasn't the portable refinery one patched out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I don't see why not, but wasn't the portable refinery one patched out?

Still worked for me yesterday after a update:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Question.

I started the game in a robot (kvorax?) system and am wondering if I’m better off jumping to another system early on or grinding away here?

It’s a long time since I’ve played and things have changed quite slot since then.

Thanks for any help in advance.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Still worked for me yesterday after a update:D

So what is it then? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I started the game in a robot (kvorax?) system and am wondering if I’m better off jumping to another system early on or grinding away here?

The only real reasons to jump to a new system are 1) if a resource you are looking for isn't available (i.e gamma roots), 2) economy of that system isn't good, or 3) there are no good habitable planets to setup your base in.

marcbrophy wrote: »

You need 2 refiners, place the 1st on the ground (flat ground makes it easier) and put an item you want to duplicate in and back out, place the 2nd refiners as close as possible right in front of it lined up exactly the same, open up the 2nd refiner and your item should be there duplicated, take that out and take the 2nd refiner away, open up the first and the original item should be there put that in your inventory and back out, then start the process again.

I probably explained it badly so look at youtube to see it in action.

You need 2 refiners, place the 1st on the ground (flat ground makes it easier) and put an item you want to duplicate in and back out, place the 2nd refiners as close as possible right in front of it lined up exactly the same, open up the 2nd refiner and your item should be there duplicated, take that out and take the 2nd refiner away, open up the first and the original item should be there put that in your inventory and back out, then start the process again.

I probably explained it badly so look at youtube to see it in action.

Cool, I get the gist of it :D

Have a nosey here :
    Item(s) duplication glitch for those who are into that:
    1. Put a refinery down.
    2. Put an item inside it
    3. Put a second refinery down
    4. Open second refinery, take duplicate item.
    5. Pick up second refinery
    6. Repeat steps 3-4

It duplicates the item, and also the amount.

(Confirm works on XB1)

Thanks guys!

Now to find something valuable to dupe! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

Now to find something valuable to dupe! :)

Buy a technology module, I think they are expensive enough, duplicate until you have 5 stacked so that should be 5x50000, so 250000, duplicate that 5 etc until you have around 2 million, go to the galactic market and buy a superconductor( if you can might have to change systems) duplicate 5 of them stacked to 10 million value and duplicate those until you cant take no more :D values may vary obviously but the above figure are from my game.

Just remember that prices drop as you sell things, so you may need to move to a new system after selling a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I need help!

Came across a crashed ship, bought it for 0 units, but my own ship was there so each time I got into 1 of them, it changed my primary ship. I had to leave suddenly while playing it, and was in the broken ship. When I loaded up my game, I was still in the broken ship but my own ship has disappeared. I had a few tech modules in it so I want to get it back! Anyone know where it might have gone? It's not on my freighter!

Depends on what you selected when you found it i think. I added them to my collection, and they all showed up on my freighter eventually. Even the ones i didn't repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I picked the Buy option for 0 units, and I know there was a swap/transfer option or something like that. I'm positive I own both of them. Let's hope it just turns up! Meanwhile, I'm on the planet trying to fix the one I have!

Thats likely a story line ship with a lot of damaged parts blocking the slots. It'll be on your freighter. If not call it in with down on the d-pad and then left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I wouldnt bother repairing ships tbh,just buy them.

Save you a lot of material gathering!

How many times have people warped? I ask becasue to progress polo's stuff you need to warp 30 times I've done 9 in 30 hours.

Also did anyone else's achievement/trophy for traveller rank in distance on foot glitch?

I'm 25 hours in, and only only hit the 30 warp jumps just after Polo asked about it. I'd been using the teleporters to get around the systems i'd visited for a while before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think they could throw a lot of tips into the game. Like for a good while I was using Ferrite dust and pure Ferrite to charge the terrain manipulator when it only cost 20 magnetised Ferrite to charge it fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Where or how is the best way to get an upgraded multitool?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Where or how is the best way to get an upgraded multitool?

I got mine from talkin to an alien. You can reliably see ones to exchange or buy in minor settlements on planets. In the red box on the wall.

Its RNG though so might take some time to get a better one than you have

Also on the anomoly station,its in the cylinder looking thing on the right once you walk into the room polo and nada are in

You can get a replacement at any Station as well. Beside the guy who sells the mutlitool upgrades. It is still RNG though. I got a 23 slot one pretty early on, and can't see myself ever replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got it last night Im fairly lost , I'm on the 2nd planet and there's a distress signal and I can't get near it , when I'm flying towards it it gets closer for a bit then it gets far away agian if that makes sense

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got it last night Im fairly lost , I'm on the 2nd planet and there's a distress signal and I can't get near it , when I'm flying towards it it gets closer for a bit then it gets far away agian if that makes sense

Sounds like you're boosting and then letting go again. The timer is based on your current speed so goes up and down depending on how fast you're going.

Quickest way I've found is fly up high so you're almost in orbit then back down again towards wherever you want to get.

Go up out of the atmosphere and lb+rb boost to it. It will literally save many minutes of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Install "Another Flight Model" mod if on PC.

https://nomansskymods.com/mods/another-flight-model/

Altho it does make attacking Manufacturing bases a lot easier when you can hover and blow open the doors and all the sentinels.

WHere can i find frost crystals???? I've been running around 2 frozen planets for an hour now and not seen the plants that have them:confused:

EDIT: And as soon as I post my partner who continued the hunt while I typed here found the f'n things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Secondary on trees on cold planets.

Get the farmer and start growing them as soon as you can.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Secondary on trees on cold planets.

Get the farmer and start growing them as soon as you can.

My farmers name is 2xRefiner ;)

He even grows circuit board stacks that go for 5 million :D

Advertisement