Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

You know, I kind of miss the old aesthetics. They seemed more "sci-fi" somehow. Next is excellent, but the release version had a nicer feel.

Glad I kept the PS4 disc, even if it's just so I can gauge how far the game has come.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I cant get the refiner dupe thing working on ps4...

Nm got it working this is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Cant seem to embed youtube links properly.

This made me laugh.

Frame rates have gone to hell for me on One X. Was fine up to now.

Sentinels really don't do well around bases. They either get stuck in walls, able to shoot me through walls, or get stuck in rooms and buzz around angrily

All my doors disappeared again as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ugh, still struggling to find a paradise planet.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Its unplayable for me on the xbox constantly crashing.

Ugh, still struggling to find a paradise planet.

what are they for? a base or something else?

mine is awesome except occasional scalding rainstorms but they are occasional and i like the place so i stuck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

One x here and I've found the frame rate to plummet sometimes and the fans in the box sound like they're getting ready to launch it to orbit most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

bluewolf wrote: »
    what are they for? a base or something else?

mine is awesome except occasional scalding rainstorms but they are occasional and i like the place so i stuck with it

Just a beautiful exotic habitable world

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm a little over 5 hours into this after buying it yesterday.
    Crafted all the basic gear, found a lovely planet in system that I've built a crap base on.
    Trying to find the blueprint for antimatter as the trading post I found and the station don't appear to sell antimatter.

Then I'll probably make my first jump.
    Have the teleporter installed at the base, will it turn on when I leave the system?
    Says it's for 'experienced travelers only'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You dont need the teleporter at your base, you can go to your base from any station once you have made a few jumps.

You can use it to go out of the system tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

You know the side missions? Can they be completed in the same area without having to jump to another system? I'm completing most of them but I've one which is to photograph a dessert planet but I can't find the planet (I've to scan them from space, so I'll know the right one). I've scanned them all, landed and even taken some photos but nope. According to the Discovery tab, I've found every planet (and 1 moon) in this system.

Also, the crashed freighter notification is wrecking my head - it won't disappear.

Anything you pick up from a mission board can be turned in on any system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have a teleporter receiver on my starship. The description says "enable the transport of matter as well as data. Starships fitted with this device can send and receive products and substances to a user's exosuits over a long distance."

Yet I get a "Starship out of range" message from only 600m away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

wyrn wrote: »
    You know the side missions? Can they be completed in the same area without having to jump to another system? I'm completing most of them but I've one which is to photograph a dessert planet but I can't find the planet (I've to scan them from space, so I'll know the right one). I've scanned them all, landed and even taken some photos but nope. According to the Discovery tab, I've found every planet (and 1 moon) in this system.

Also, the crashed freighter notification is wrecking my head - it won't disappear.

The photo of XXXX planet is from the Construction NPC in your base and sadly can require lots of jumping to find the planet type in question.

Venom wrote: »
    The photo of XXXX planet is from the Construction NPC in your base and sadly can require lots of jumping to find the planet type in question.

Ah cheers. I’ve no base. I’ve no clue how to start it. I think between the updates I missed out.

Ah cheers. I’ve no base. I’ve no clue how to start it. I think between the updates I missed out.

Follow Ghosts in the machine questline, it will build you a base.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Follow Ghosts in the machine questline, it will build you a base.

I don’t see it in the logs, maybe if I jump a few times it’ll pop up

One x here and I've found the frame rate to plummet sometimes and the fans in the box sound like they're getting ready to launch it to orbit most of the time.

On the Xbox One X, there is the usual Performance/Quality option. Somewhere in the menus, can't remember off the top of my head. Worth a look anyway.

(I'm on performance mode; notice the occasional dip, but nothing to make my eyes bleed.)

• Advertisement

On the Xbox One X, there is the usual Performance/Quality option. Somewhere in the menus, can't remember off the top of my head. Worth a look anyway.

(I'm on performance mode; notice the occasional dip, but nothing to make my eyes bleed.)

I'll give it a look thanks, Someone on reddit said its crashing since the update to 1.53

I don’t see it in the logs, maybe if I jump a few times it’ll pop up

Its the Artemis one, you find a signal and chat to a chap in a hologram.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I must be wrong so, its just I've only seen the "take a photo mission" show up from the base construction NPC. It's like a daily quest when you finish that particular questline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

OK, so i've been sick the last few days so have managed to get 30 hours clocked over the weekend in total. It's definitely a very different game than release, but still the same at its core. The addition of missions, base building, teleportation, freighters, all can get a bit much but can easily distract you. However, i'm loving it!

Managed to get a 24 slot Multi-tool, so don't think i'll need to change that again as I don't have enough tech to fill it. Have my exo inventory maxed, 4 upgrades left to purchase for the tech on the exo but again, not enough tech to fill it, and I have 6 of the extra storage on the exo.

Currently on 15 million and saving up to purchase a 30+ fighter when (if) I come across one, as I'm currently on a 19+4 and it's alright, but i'm running out of space on it.

But, i've also noticed issues. Every time I warp, it lags the audio and video for a few seconds. It lags when entering the atmosphere, I get audio glitches quite often. My Pro takes off when entering a star base and only calms down once back in space or on the ground. I've turned off Boost Mode as I heard this can cause it, but can anyone else let me know if they're having the same issues on their Pro?

I got a S-class exotic ship so I'm delighted with that! Shame I cant play it properly until the glitches making the game crash can be fixed, hoping the 1.54 update fixes that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I found an S class, but they have fairly limited cargo space, so i left it. I'll stick with my 30 slot B class for the time being.

Though to be fair i haven't really played it in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I gave this game an absolute hammering when it first came out.

Played it for the first time since launch weekend over the last few days and have to admit, it's pretty enjoyable now. The third person perspective has added a lot and the base building always suckers me in.

Pretty relaxing game for later in the night when you dont fancy intense pvp stuff.

Sean is still a prıck though!

I think what I liked about the base building was how easily stuff snapped together, you didn't have to fiddle with it as it was reasonably intelligent. I still hate bass building in games but it was bearable in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

OK, so i've been sick the last few days so have managed to get 30 hours clocked over the weekend in total. It's definitely a very different game than release, but still the same at its core. The addition of missions, base building, teleportation, freighters, all can get a bit much but can easily distract you. However, i'm loving it!

Managed to get a 24 slot Multi-tool, so don't think i'll need to change that again as I don't have enough tech to fill it. Have my exo inventory maxed, 4 upgrades left to purchase for the tech on the exo but again, not enough tech to fill it, and I have 6 of the extra storage on the exo.

Currently on 15 million and saving up to purchase a 30+ fighter when (if) I come across one, as I'm currently on a 19+4 and it's alright, but i'm running out of space on it.

But, i've also noticed issues. Every time I warp, it lags the audio and video for a few seconds. It lags when entering the atmosphere, I get audio glitches quite often. My Pro takes off when entering a star base and only calms down once back in space or on the ground. I've turned off Boost Mode as I heard this can cause it, but can anyone else let me know if they're having the same issues on their Pro?

Yup,same issues on the Pro.

Ive tried boost on/off and supersampling on/off but i still get the odd crash and audio issues either way.

Framerates are much better after the last patch but issues still there.

Can be annoying having a crash if you havent saved. The worst one i lost an hours worth of play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Kiith wrote: »
    I found an S class, but they have fairly limited cargo space, so i left it. I'll stick with my 30 slot B class for the time being.

Though to be fair i haven't really played it in a few days.

Ive got a 48 slot hauler for when im just going around not doing anything in particular but i also have an S class fighter for a bit of combat here and there. Using it for combat only means it only really needs slots for weapons. I do like the way the ship types gets bonuses for their role so ive tried to have one for each role.

Advertisement