Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think that's what I need to do. I'm trying to hold out for a 30+ fighter, but I should just buy a hauler.

Has anyone completed the Atlas questline since Next? I'm at the end, just have to create the thingy, but what happens after that? I can't recall, but I remember one of the endings from the original basically reset everything, and I don't want to do that!

I think that's what I need to do. I'm trying to hold out for a 30+ fighter, but I should just buy a hauler.

Has anyone completed the Atlas questline since Next? I'm at the end, just have to create the thingy, but what happens after that? I can't recall, but I remember one of the endings from the original basically reset everything, and I don't want to do that!

Haven't finished anything in the game, but I think the reset happens when you
    make it to the centre of the galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

This driving me demented!

I scan and find a subterranean relic.... I terrain manipulate towards it and it disappears.... what am I doing wrong?

Please help chaps.

Thanks.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hold E to mark it and they dont disappear, also you know they are Korvax Cubes? So the icon may disappear but you can see them.

Worth a few quid, look like this.

No-Mans-Sky_20160814212148_1.jpg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Hold E to mark it and they dont disappear, also you know they are Korvax Cubes? So the icon may disappear but you can see them.

Worth a few quid, look like this.

No-Mans-Sky_20160814212148_1.jpg

I’ve tried tagging them and then as I’m burrowing towards them the tag disappears and I can’t find the thingy am I destroying them with the terrain thingy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dunno I always find the cave entrance never burrow for them.

Suppose if you find some collect all but one and see if you are destroying them.

Yeah, usually if it says Subterranean Relic, it's usually the Vortex Cubes, Glowing Orbs, and stuff like that. Shouldn't be buried but should be in a cave, so if you're digging and it disappears, keep digging until you either give up or hit a cave, then they would usually be near the poisonous plant.

I really am a colossal tit!

Thanks guys I just assumed they were buried, I never thought of caves!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I hope this update isn't killing the dupes...

bluewolf wrote: »
    I hope this update isn't killing the dupes...

Made some warp cells a few minutes ago so it's ok after latest patch today (xbox)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Omg they fixed the bugged exocraft quest line, i finally got to hand it in :D

Speaking of exo craft, I still haven't made one (30+ hours since restarting). Never made one. I take it it will be part of the Artemis questline?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Speaking of exo craft, I still haven't made one (30+ hours since restarting). Never made one. I take it it will be part of the Artemis questline?

Curious about this as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, it starts with building a base in the Artemis quest line. It's actually the last part of the base building quests iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Look, I hate to be back again with a stupid question. I had seen Artemis mention but thought it was a typo for Atlas. Is there a way to retrigger the Artemis quest? I must have missed it. I've been (slowly) following the Atlas quest, basically pottering around the different planets scanning things. I should be about to find Atlas Pass 2 and I've done about 8 jumps. Not sure what that equates to in the same (please no spoilers). I have a great ship and a multitool with many slots. Very reluctant to restart the game again.

EDIT: I swear I did google before I asked. I just looked again and it seems that I need to warp more. No more renaming planets stupid names

Polo gave me an atlas pass 2 digram after turning in 30 jumps 50 hours in, no idea if it;s fixed reward. You have a chance to find them in manufacturing facilities. I'm at the point where I've no need to land on planets and the game loop has long since vanished and I just need to make it to the center and being given glyphs every jump.

Everything seems really pointless at this point, like having a base to crafting out side of keeping a ship running.

The achievement for getting all the fauna on 10 planets was a right pain in the hole. Left so many at 4/5 or 9/10 after ages searching.

Polo gave me an atlas pass 2 digram after turning in 30 jumps 50 hours in, no idea if it;s fixed reward. You have a chance to find them in manufacturing facilities. I'm at the point where I've no need to land on planets and the game loop has long since vanished and I just need to make it to the center and being given glyphs every jump.

Everything seems really pointless at this point, like having a base to crafting out side of keeping a ship running.

The achievement for getting all the fauna on 10 planets was a right pain in the hole. Left so many at 4/5 or 9/10 after ages searching.
    Steam says I've 91 hours but the game reads around 60 hours. Like I said, I was taking my time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

On release the journey to the centre of the galaxy was where i stopped. Didnt really feel the need for what comes next.

Will most likely be the same this playthrough.

The differences between what was in the game on release and whats there now is dramatic.

In saying that unless there is another update the size of next i reckon ill be done with the game when i hit that point.

So for shigs and giggs last night, I threw this on, sat as close to my tv as possible and enabled the TVs 2D to 3D conversion. With a bit of messing about in the settings, it started to look real good. Played for an hour like this. You don't really notice the depth in space until stuff starts getting closer to you (flying through an asteroid belt was awesome!), but the planets and stations in particular looked really well. This game is just crying out for VR, so I really hope it's something they intend on implementing!

Jut warped with my new freighter to a new system. It seems I can't Discover new planets. You know when you hop out of the ship and it gives you the first time landed details, I don't get that. It's quite annoying seeing as I've finally found the start of the Artemis plot.

Cursory look online seems I'm not the only person to have this problem and it seems to be from the last patch.

• Advertisement

wyrn wrote: »
    Jut warped with my new freighter to a new system. It seems I can't Discover new planets. You know when you hop out of the ship and it gives you the first time landed details, I don't get that. It's quite annoying seeing as I've finally found the start of the Artemis plot.

Cursory look online seems I'm not the only person to have this problem and it seems to be from the last patch.

Is it that they are not showing in your discoveries tab?

Once you land and use a save point they should be shown in that tab

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is it that they are not showing in your discoveries tab?

Once you land and use a save point they should be shown in that tab
    No, the new system and new planets aren't showing in the Discovery tab. I've quit and restarted a few times but no luck. Some people here (steam help thread) are able to trigger it by landing on a launchpad. I've managed to find a system with no settlements or no space station!

wyrn wrote: »
    No, the new system and new planets aren't showing in the Discovery tab. I've quit and restarted a few times but no luck. Some people here (steam help thread) are able to trigger it by landing on a launchpad. I've managed to find a system with no settlements or no space station!

Ye the planets havent been coming up for me in discoveries tab unless i land now and either use a save point or scan something. They appear then though.

A little tip for those who may not have noticed,in the discoveries tab if you only select the system and planet for upload and dont select your scan data from the planet on the right handside you wont get credit for the scans you did planetside. There are 3 tabs on the right,flora,fauna and region/save area data. You need to manually select all 3.

I went back through the discoveries stuff and found while i had uploaded all planets and systems i had forgotten the scan data on a load,made about 3500 nanites from uploading it all!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Has any one got this latest release working with a HOTAS through x360ce ?

No matter what I do I cant get it to respond to my Hotas... it will recognise an xbox controller but refuses to do anything when I use the hotas. I've set up x360ce in the binaries folder, it recognises NMS and I've loaded the settings file for NMS etc. Renamed the xinput1_3 to both xinput1_2 and xinput9_1_0 but... nothing.

Very frustrating! I'm beginning to think Next buggered a bunch of hotas stuff.... Has anyone else got x360ce working with it?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ye the planets havent been coming up for me in discoveries tab unless i land now and either use a save point or scan something. They appear then though.

A little tip for those who may not have noticed,in the discoveries tab if you only select the system and planet for upload and dont select your scan data from the planet on the right handside you wont get credit for the scans you did planetside. There are 3 tabs on the right,flora,fauna and region/save area data. You need to manually select all 3.

I went back through the discoveries stuff and found while i had uploaded all planets and systems i had forgotten the scan data on a load,made about 3500 nanites from uploading it all!!
    Mine only appears if I can land at a trade post. I found a system that had none. Warped back a system and now can't find it again. It's very frustrating. Even when I scan from space, I don't get any finds and flying above land will show me a building once in every 30-40 scans or so.

It's annoying to find a new planet and not get any details until I can find a trade post. At least the trade post scanner works otherwise I'd be flying blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

DeVore wrote: »
    Has any one got this latest release working with a HOTAS through x360ce ?

No matter what I do I cant get it to respond to my Hotas... it will recognise an xbox controller but refuses to do anything when I use the hotas. I've set up x360ce in the binaries folder, it recognises NMS and I've loaded the settings file for NMS etc. Renamed the xinput1_3 to both xinput1_2 and xinput9_1_0 but... nothing.

Very frustrating! I'm beginning to think Next buggered a bunch of hotas stuff.... Has anyone else got x360ce working with it?

I've been using x360ce with a Sidewinder FFB2 in both vanilla and since Next released without any issues (along with m/kb) and you've done exactly as I did (xinput9_1_0 as the filename).

Are both x360ce_x64.exe and NMS.exe listed under the Game Settings tab in the x360ce UI?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yep.... everything looks ok, but no dice!

I've attached my Game Settings tab, can you check its the same as yours? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

DeVore wrote: »
    Yep.... everything looks ok, but no dice!

I've attached my Game Settings tab, can you check its the same as yours? thanks!

yeah, for the xinput files for x360ce_x64 on the left panel are set the same (v1.1). Selecting NMS.exe should show v9.1, to match the file that was renamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GSRNBP

I've found a "magnetic relic" in one of those ancient chests... no info about it online, value is about 140k units - anyone know if it's just a sell item or if it has some other use?

• Advertisement

Just to sell.

Advertisement