Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had that or similar, marker was pointing at the capital ship. while at the base call it in then save quit out and load back in and the marker should be back at the computer.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

I have all the blueprints unlocked and I'm just trying to find a paradise planet to build an ultimate base on :)

I've also built a pile of stuff on my freighter and it was after that when the archive mission glitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just an FYI, I have 3 crashed ships in my inventory, with just the thrusters and pulse engine fixed. When I come across a ship I want, I call the crashed ship and use that to trade against. Even with the broken components you still get full trade value. So I have 3 crashed ships of B/A class ready to trade, an A Class Explorer and 2 A Class Fighters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just an FYI, I have 3 crashed ships in my inventory, with just the thrusters and pulse engine fixed. When I come across a ship I want, I call the crashed ship and use that to trade against. Even with the broken components you still get full trade value. So I have 3 crashed ships of B/A class ready to trade, an A Class Explorer and 2 A Class Fighters!

You give secondhand ship salesmen a bad name!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hi chaps,

I’m just wondering how much money is “enough” in the game I’m currently ahem working to build my balance and have about 1.5 billion so how much do I need before I allow the update to download?

Also did anyone else install the extra photon cannons? They’re brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You dont need money in the game other to buy ships and ship launch fuel.

Its very easy to make billions in a short space of time.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You dont need money in the game other to buy ships and ship launch fuel.

Its very easy to make billions in a short space of time.

How do you make billions in a short space of time?

Trade.

Find systems with high buy +% and sell them what they want.

use the economy filter to find high tech system and sell them devices like superconductors or stasis devices, can get 80m for 5 stasis devices and they easy to make.

Trade.

Find systems with high buy +% and sell them what they want.

use the economy filter to find high tech system and sell them devices like superconductors or stasis devices, can get 80m for 5 stasis devices and they easy to make.

Only if you have the blueprints :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Took me 2-3 to get the blueprints for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks pretty great. Definitely going to build myself an underwater base now, though i suspect i'll just do it in creative mode.

You can't fault them for continued support at least! One could say they are showing everyone else how to come back from a crap storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Might be time for me to pick it back up again now :D

There are motorbikes now too :D The ground vehicles got a big overhaul in the last couple of weeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Looks a lot like Subnautica.

Pretty sure if you post something about NMS anywhere on the internet, it gets added to the next update.

Wouldn't begrudge them if 2.0 was paid DLC but we haven't had a controversy in a few days.

Looks like a decent update, it'll be nice to have some more variety on planets and a few more things to do.

Yet again, Hello Games showing how to claw back from near disaster. Whatever you thought of the release, you can't fault them for the work they've put in since. Now hurry up with the VR support, I didn't just buy a PSVR for nothing!!

Its out tomorrow......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Yet again, Hello Games showing how to claw back from near disaster. Whatever you thought of the release, you can't fault them for the work they've put in since. Now hurry up with the VR support, I didn't just buy a PSVR for nothing!!
    Ah ye can fault them for working on stuff no one asked for though!

Basebuilding?!

Give me some AI or VR god damn it!

Even the X games aren't as lifeless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Ah ye can fault them for working on stuff no one asked for though!

Basebuilding?!

Give me some AI or VR god damn it!

Even the X games aren't as lifeless!

Basebuilding doesnt really add much to the game for me personally either,but the community seems to like it and in fairness they do listen to the ccommunity.

You only have to look at the previous updates that addressed issues the community brought up to see that.

Base building would have been one of the most sought after features. It always is in these kinds of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I think the games is looking great at the moment, a horde mode were your base gets attacked and you must defend it would be good, I think I will wait until VR is added before buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Pretty sure if you post something about NMS anywhere on the internet, it gets added to the next update.

Wouldn't begrudge them if 2.0 was paid DLC but we haven't had a controversy in a few days.

Paid dlc would be tough enough to do on this platform since it would create a significant fork in the game for those with it and those without.

Mind you they do need to generate revenue to keep it going and I'd rather pay for a 2.0 than bloody loot crates.

VR is finally coming to No Man's Sky. Free for anyone who already own it, and you can just continue on your existing save.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/no-mans-sky-vr-release-date-trailer/

Will definitely give this a go, as it could be amazing to see in VR.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Kiith wrote: »
    VR is finally coming to No Man's Sky. Free for anyone who already own it, and you can just continue on your existing save.

I've the Gog version ,so god knows if it'll get the VR patch..

As I said in the other thread, I can't wait for this. I've deliberately being ignoring it, only playing some of it after the NEXT update and haven't gone back to it since, waiting for the VR update, so I'm hyped. I reckon it will give it a whole new life, seems like the kinda game VR is made for. Now if only Sony would bring out/support the Move controller with the thumbstick, we'll be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

omggggg. i need to buy a vr headset

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Elite Dangerous was fun in VR, this will be silly fun. Lot safer and more to see!!! Very exciting :)

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Everytime I played it I was always sad it wasn't in VR. It could be incredible.

Advertisement