Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Hoop66 wrote: »
    I definitely think it's more stable sice I installed the patch. I was only on for an hour or so, between 9 & 10 and I was n't kicked once. A little bit slow to find sessions maybe, but definitely better.

Found the same, jumped from race to race with a few boards lads last night no problem for the first time ever - usually just get hanging screens after the first job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Only problem was some cunt with a name something like OFFICIAL-BRA would not stop killing me.

Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Looks like the 250k exploit has been fixed in the latest patch, tried loads last night and nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Whats the 250k exploit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the second play though a lot more than the first. Not sure if that's because it's PS4 instead of PS3 or if I have my expectations at a better level.

I found that I wasn't powering through mission after mission just to see whats next, its like re reading a book you love, theres more to be observed the second time through. I didnt realise it was christmas during the into heist for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Whats the 250k exploit?
    In the online playlists, challenges were available which you would bet 250k on yourself to complete a race within a certain time, when completed you got your own 250k plus 250 from the bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What's the quickest way to make big money online? I want an Adder, it's the fastest car in the game i assume? $1m ain't cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

cadete wrote: »
    In the online playlists, challenges were available which you would bet 250k on yourself to complete a race within a certain time, when completed you got your own 250k plus 250 from the bet

Like I said I done two with each character yesterday round 2ish... There was one challenge for 250k one for 1k and the rest were all 5k... Keep searching every couple hours...There rare...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

mutley18 wrote: »
    What's the quickest way to make big money online? I want an Adder, it's the fastest car in the game i assume? $1m ain't cheap!

Don't buy an Adder unless you plan on racing exclusively in straight lines. We actually got to see a drag race between a Zantorno and Adder last night, Bryan's Adder blew everyone out of the water. But on a normal track with corners, Adders are fairly useless. Zentorno,Entity and then Tourismo R are the best super cars in that order. Adder just has highest straight line speed.

Re: making money, lots of missions and stuff. 250K challenges are gone for me too. Boo urns...

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Seeing as the adder is the only super car I own, I can safely say that it's pi$$ poor. I have 3 of them that I can't get rid of. 3 spaces wasted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Go for a Zentorno, it's 250k cheaper aswell ;)

If a car has a max speed of, say 190mph or whatever, how do you hit it? I have a Zentorno, Entity and Cheetah and the most I ever kit (from the speedo on the dash anyway) is 120mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You sure it's MPH?

190 KMPM is 118 MPH :)

Jaysis, maybe the top speeds are in KPH? I just assumed it was MPH cos it was America (sort of)?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Anybody know if the 250k challenge still going on or is it patched up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Farty88 wrote: »
    Anybody know if the 250k challenge still going on or is it patched up

Patched

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

x43r0 wrote: »
    Patched

Absolutely raging now may look thru the interweb for a new money approach

Jaysis, maybe the top speeds are in KPH? I just assumed it was MPH cos it was America (sort of)?

Actually it couldn't be KMPH as the social club stats show my highest speed in MPH :)

7B8VCE.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Actually it couldn't be KMPH as the social club stats show my highest speed in MPH :)

7B8VCE.png

What did you go that fast in?

srumball wrote: »
    What did you go that fast in?

An Adder pal!
    I imagine it was probably going down the side of the mountain or something :D

• Advertisement

7B8VCE.png

I've only hit 142 mph in my Adder :(

I've only hit 142 mph in my Adder :(

I wonder just how the hell I did 242 then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

jesus that was some craic awhile ago. i doubt philly expected that reaction for blowing up our fun bus. talk about being hunted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Just wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem as I have on XB1. I haven't really got to play too often this week but of the 3 nights I have, as soon as I've turned it on its said I need to update. Each update has been for 1151mb and each has started at the 18% mark. Is this a problem or has there been a few updates already?

markc1184 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem as I have on XB1. I haven't really got to play too often this week but of the 3 nights I have, as soon as I've turned it on its said I need to update. Each update has been for 1151mb and each has started at the 18% mark. Is this a problem or has there been a few updates already?

There's been 3 patches so far, if you include the opening day patch, the later two were patches to fix the opening patch :pac:

The 3rd one started at 80% odd for me, but worked fine and online has been more stable since then. Same situation for both platforms afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

markc1184 wrote: »

Lol I can see why you'd think there was something fishy going on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Amazon have a PS4 + GTAV + The Last of Us Remastered for $400... It's probably US only and even if it isn't I'm sure the shipping would be exorbitant, but still... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

7B8VCE.png

decided to check my own for lolz and bantz as the cool kids say.. i think :pac:
    82Zj3q.png
    the asterope is this car
    5pfh8g.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm not seeing the "Trophies" section of the Rockstar site updating at all. Any one else have this issue?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/career/accomplishments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm having the same problem, no trophies showing there at all, neither transferred trophies or new trophies. I reported it to Rockstar and got this reply:
    Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support, we apologize for the delayed response.

We are sorry to hear that you have encountered an issue regarding the trophies being unlocked after the character transfer in GTA Online.

However, we have been receiving reports from other players who are facing a similar issue, so we request you to continue playing the game and make sure your character gains a few levels or ranks which will eventually unlock the trophies automatically.

Just in case if the issue persists or if the issue get resolved please keep us updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Timed it to see how long it takes for the game to load into single player (ps4, from when I click on GtaV)

1 minute 15 seconds. Seems a lot quicker than ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

takes ages to load single player and online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Was the ingame map on prev gen coloured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nod, that's weird, mine on ps4 takes under a minute, way faster than ps3.

Hoggie, yupp they changed the map to grey, not sure why.

The map change is the one thing I really don't like, and can't get used too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im ready to start the murder mystery but were the hell is it?

can anyone vaguely hint me into the direction were it starts Id ask google but im afraid id end up getting the whole mystery solved in my travels

It has already begun muwahahahahaha

Watch the start of this vid to find where the first clue is (the 4 clues are already in place all over the map, no start point mission thing). When you find a clue, you will hear an old film reel spinning and the game will autosave.

CVG have it solved and have a full video on where all the clues are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

so where's this secret tunnel then :)

Just about to start the 2nd heist now, been all OCD and gold meddling every mission so far and doing it in 1st person. Enjoying this play through more than I did on my 1st go around last gen. Many the subtle thing I missed and am noticing only now.

Considering trying to get the platinum, but I know well I'm going to eventually hit something I won't be able to do and end up a sad panda.

Just found the Duke o Death....time to take it for a test drive.

QO0X9AwYD0eEIhI8ALnQ6w_0_0.jpg

• Advertisement

What in the flying fcuk is that? :pac:

Looks fantastic!

What in the flying fcuk is that? :pac:

Looks fantastic!

Its a new random encounter up by sandy shores. Appears as a blue dot. Take it, survive and its yours. Absolutely savage car!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Its a new random encounter up by sandy shores. Appears as a blue dot. Take it, survive and its yours. Absolutely savage car!!

Online or in SP?

Online or in SP?

Sp only im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Had to check mine for the sake of it... 250.76MPH in a Coquette, not bad! :D

sheehy83 wrote: »

I'm on it! :D

Had to check mine for the sake of it... 250.76MPH in a Coquette, not bad! :D

Mine:
    LtWPpUi.jpg

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Mine:
    LtWPpUi.jpg

Way to piss all over my top speed anyway bud! :P :pac:

Way to piss all over my top speed anyway bud! :P :pac:

I think Bryans is 9,000 mph but that is probably from the gate glitch.

Mine could be from that too.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I think Bryans is 9,000 mph but that is probably from the gate glitch.

Mine could be from that too.

As long as it wasn't on a faggio, I can live with it :D

Don't think anyone will beat this, in a mini cooper! :eek:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/664999-whats-your-fastest-speed/?p=1064800542

• Advertisement
Advertisement