Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

First person view is really terrible for shooting, why couldn't they just use proper ADS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

First person view is really terrible for shooting, why couldn't they just use proper ADS?

Do you mean by looking down the gun view? Or however ya wanna word it :pac:

If you click either the right or left stick, I think it does that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

it is there, and you can adjust the view settings so that you pull LT to aim - I think the default setting is "fps 2"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah R3 is Aim Down Sights, just like in 3rd person R3 is for zoomed aim :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cheers, didn't know that, the FP view really needs a lot of tinkering to get it useable.

Cheers, didn't know that, the FP view really needs a lot of tinkering to get it useable.

Try adjusting the analogue sensitivity also, the default setting is mad high.
    I'm playing first person on foot, 3rd person in cover and works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

nouLzDZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GTA V Map with icons showing where all the collectibles, stunts, etc are located. Fairly handy.

http://gta5online.com/map-interactive/

I know a few people would post here but not in the main Games Forum. The Boards.ie Games Awards Nominations are now open if anyone fancies voting for GTA V or any other game you liked this year :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057338652

• Advertisement

Finished the single player, forgot how brilliant some of the levels were, such an improvement over the GTA 4 missions. However, A lot of the bad guys were so generic, I couldn't tell the difference between the fbi contact guy, his crazy partner and rich white dude.

So, story done, when I'm not online (if I know I don't have enough time for a good session, apologies if I don't join any invites), I'm gonna go for the collectibles and 100% to get that special hunting mission at the end. Gonna go do the assination missions now and make a ton of money for the 3 lads. If I buy a helicopter, can i call it in at anytime or do i have to go to a location like airfield, airport, marina, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Finished the single player, forgot how brilliant some of the levels were, such an improvement over the GTA 4 missions. However, A lot of the bad guys were so generic, I couldn't tell the difference between the fbi contact guy, his crazy partner and rich white dude.

So, story done, when I'm not online (if I know I don't have enough time for a good session, apologies if I don't join any invites), I'm gonna go for the collectibles and 100% to get that special hunting mission at the end. Gonna go do the assination missions now and make a ton of money for the 3 lads. If I buy a helicopter, can i call it in at anytime or do i have to go to a location like airfield, airport, marina, etc?

You need to buy a Helipad and park it there like a car and a garage

x43r0 wrote: »
    You need to buy a Helipad and park it there like a car and a garage

Ah yeah, I remember in the last one buying the marina helipad with Frank. Pity you can't have one delivered to you, wish the same for cars really in single player.

Finished the single player

I Just finished it. Still have bits & pieces of side missions to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Devin is some gowl, just sayin.

Devin is some character though!
    He epitomises the boss figure in any GTA game.
    Puts you in your place, always treats you like shít whilst avoiding any of the grunt work himself.
    But if I could sum him up in one word, it would definitely be GOWL! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Since getting the game I've mostly been playing online, never gave the online a bash even when I had it on PS3.

Is the story mode really worth playing again? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Since getting the game I've mostly been playing online, never gave the online a bash even when I had it on PS3.

Is the story mode really worth playing again? :-/

Yes 110%.

I've 2.147 billion dolla on each of the 3 main characters now :P

Game wouldn't allow me to have any more than that for some reason, mike should have had 2.6 but it limited him to the same amount Frank has, ditto for Trev.

I've 2.147 billion dolla on each of the 3 main characters now :P

Game wouldn't allow me to have any more than that for some reason, mike should have had 2.6 but it limited him to the same amount Frank has, ditto for Trev.

It uses a 32 bit integer similar to what YouTube used up until last week when PSY's Gangnam style broke it :P

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-30330167

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone know if rockstar will be bringing the ''exclusive'' content as DLC in future??
    i played gta v on xbox360 but now own a ps4, and so couldn't port my game save over so cant get the exclusive content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Nodferatu wrote: »
    anyone know if rockstar will be bringing the ''exclusive'' content as DLC in future??
    i played gta v on xbox360 but now own a ps4, and so couldn't port my game save over so cant get the exclusive content.

Unless there's a fault, you can bring your character over. I did it from 360 to PS4 on day 1 :)

Unless there's a fault, you can bring your character over. I did it from 360 to PS4 on day 1 :)

Frankie5Angels right. Everything you need to know about it here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778-Transferring-Your-Previous-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Characters-and-Progression-to-PlayStation-4-or-Xbox-One

One thing I would say, though, is not to transfer your R* account from 360 to PS4 on the Social Club website. I did that and when I went to link it in-game it said there was nothing there. So I switched it back to 360 on the website and made the switch in-game on the PS4 and there was Frankie and all his money, cars and apartments. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What exclusive content?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What exclusive content?

this..

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52337/details-on-exclusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

problem is i was playing GTA V on my gf's Xbox 360 but it didnt have gold or connection to online modes. so no social club connected to the game.

however i do have a social club through my old ps3 i made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

this..

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52337/details-on-exclusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

Ohh i went from X360 to PS4 and got this, it's nothing special really

Just noticed the Jewlery heist trophy never unlocked for me, have tried replaying it, no luck.
    Anyone else have that?

My submarine has also disappeared. Any advice on where I can find a new one handy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Enjoying the game

bought it previously for the xbox but sold it after 2 days as I knew Id get a ps4 in time and knew I would be spending it again on the same game

If I had kept it and played it on the xbox enough times I would be severely let down by it on the next gen

I don't notice a single difference, other than a few added blades of grass and the odd deer running around the road side

graphics are literally the same

same with all games really on the next gen, little to no difference between them and the last 10 year old consoles

bit of a farce really

Enjoying the game

bought it previously for the xbox but sold it after 2 days as I knew Id get a ps4 in time and knew I would be spending it again on the same game

If I had kept it and played it on the xbox enough times I would be severely let down by it on the next gen

I don't notice a single difference, other than a few added blades of grass and the odd deer running around the road side

same with all games really on the next gen, little to no difference between them and the last 10 year old consoles

bit of a farce really

I have to ask, as I've seen a few people saying this, what kind of TV do you have?

Enjoying the game

bit of a farce really

well, if you're wearing glasses that are smeared with vaseline, then I'd agree they're very similar.

try having a look in the shop windows, all the signs can now be read, the roads have texture and potholes that hold water, every vehicle has a dashboard, a full first person view has been added, and the list goes on and on.

• Advertisement

this..

problem is i was playing GTA V on my gf's Xbox 360 but it didnt have gold or connection to online modes. so no social club connected to the game.

however i do have a social club through my old ps3 i made.

I'm confused, is it the saved game for SP you were speaking about in your original post or the Online character save?

well, if you're wearing glasses that are smeared with vaseline, then I'd agree they're very similar.

try having a look in the shop windows, all the signs can now be read, the roads have texture and potholes that hold water, every vehicle has a dashboard, a full first person view has been added, and the list goes on and on.

I have a 1080 sony bravia

yes pot holes, roads have puddles

but yeah, my point remains largely the same

I like the game. Id just be pretty let down if I upgraded it from the last gen to this

70e to drive through puddles -yippee :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Must be your eyes are fucked so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-mXmsDoks8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Am I crazy or has there been new guns added?

I don't remember the musket or the marksman rifle in the old gen version

I like the game. Id just be pretty let down if I upgraded it from the last gen to this

Fair enough, you should be able to see a difference then, I know that I can. :)

I'm not discounting your opinion, but your memories of the xbox 360 version have to be a year old. You sure you're not just remembering it as being better looking than it was? :D

Either way, as long as you are enjoying it, you should keep playing. Great game!

That is a very valid point to be fair. I probably didn't play it nearly enough on the xbox 360 when I think about it.

Think I played it 3x time in total

Well I suppose value is subjective really so isn't it? I dont really play my 360 any more, but there are games I didnt get to finish or whatever, and now I'll probably never go back to. I'd be delighted to have the option of playing them on my xbox one.

so when I was presented the chance to replay an upscaled and improved version of one of the greatest achievements in open world gaming, with increased player counts in online multiplayer and all the other additions, it was a no-brainer.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Fair enough, you should be able to see a difference then, I know that I can. :)

I'm not discounting you're opinion, but your memories of the xbox 360 version have to be a year old. You sure you're not just remembering it as being better looking than it was? :D

Either way, as long as you are enjoying it, you should keep playing. Great game!

Not necessarily. 1080 sony bravia isn't exacted a detailed description of his tv. There is multiple factors in relation to image quality and it differs from one tv to another.

hi mick what is the best tv for GTA please?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not necessarily. 1080 sony bravia isn't exacted a detailed description of his tv. There is multiple factors in relation to image quality and it differs from one tv to another.

I know Mick, I took it at face value of this being a 1080p tv screen. But it could very well be a 1080i screen, which is arguably worse than 720p :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked this up for €39 euros for the xbox one there today.

What's the load times for finding a multiplayer game onine now ?. As the 360 it used to take a age to play any kind of multiplayer on it.

Picked this up for €39 euros for the xbox one there today.

What's the load times for finding a multiplayer game onine now ?. As the 360 it used to take a age to play any kind of multiplayer on it.

Still fairly bad.

Still fairly bad.

Mine loads quick on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Same on XB1, more so since the recent update.

Have barely any issues on ps4.

• Advertisement

Proco Jr. wrote: »

GTA is the only game installed on my PS4. Not using the disc. I have UPC 120MB broadband wired direct to the router.

I can be sitting there for a minute or two waiting between sessions. Friends of mine are the same.

Nothing to do with your side, it's all with the the gta online servers. If a few of ye are in a session and its slow for one it will be slow for all. I'm finding loading of SP and online games much faster than last gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Nothing to do with your side, it's all with the the gta online servers. If a few of ye are in a session and its slow for one it will be slow for all. I'm finding loading of SP and online games much faster than last gen.
    Gta completely down tonite won't even let ppl play story mode... Error code comes up... It's all over reddit and gta forums...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Gta completely down tonite won't even let ppl play story mode... Error code comes up... It's all over reddit and gta forums...

Signing out of PSN lets you play story mode fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

DANNY2014 wrote: »

I'm on Xbox One and can't even get to the Rockstar page! I'm guessing this is the problem so?

• Advertisement
Advertisement