Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    If you haven't had PS + before, you should be eligible for a two week free trial.

Yeah I seen that alright, just bought the 12 months sub outright. :pac:

Got trials Fusion there for 20e, god I love that game. No work will be done for weeks between that and GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The interior of the Peyote is lovely, will have to break out my Online pimped out one and cruise to Eazy E's Real Muthaphukken G's

2_OCFT-6nE2zhXGarjIq4Q_0_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The worst thing about FP mode with the cars and bikes for me will be, I won't be able to stop looking at the working speedo's and will crash every 10 seconds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can you customise car interiors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Right, I plan to download this bad boy later, gonna hook the router up the the PS to do it too, so hopefully shouldn't take that long (80mbps wireless). What's the best way to go about transferring the character, or has that been defined yet? I was just gonna move it over on R* social club, then link it via the PS4? Does that sound about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The worst thing about FP mode with the cars and bikes for me will be, I won't be able to stop looking at the working speedo's and will crash every 10 seconds :D

I'm not gonna lie, the fact that the fuel gauge will never change is probably gonna annoy me :P

You transfer your character ingame on PS4. I lost a link in the GTA Online thread, some guy uploaded a bunch of pics showing how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can you customise car interiors?

Was just running through my head I say so and shark sales just went through the roof...

Right, I plan to download this bad boy later, gonna hook the router up the the PS to do it too, so hopefully shouldn't take that long (80mbps wireless). What's the best way to go about transferring the character, or has that been defined yet? I was just gonna move it over on R* social club, then link it via the PS4? Does that sound about right?

I'm not sure how you transfer your character over yet, though I assumed it was in game. However, PSN is going down between 5pm and 11pm tonight so get downloading asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you transfer your character over yet, though I assumed it was in game. However, PSN is going down between 5pm and 11pm tonight so get downloading asap!

I read that earlier, but I won't be home until after 7 probably, maybe even 8. Might leave it on overnight while I'm in the scratch.

Edit: PSN is always down for maintenance!

I'm not gonna lie, the fact that the fuel gauge will never change is probably gonna annoy me :P

Is it confirmed that they don't work? That kinda sucks! :(

IGN had suggested that it might go down if you shoot the fuel tank and the petrol starts to leak out. But they were just guessing and got my hopes up, bastards :D

It wasn’t so much that none of those things had been done in games before, but more that they’re novel experiences for GTA. Rockstar has also added in some great little details specifically for this mode, including the very first working speedometers in a Grand Theft Auto game, which are built into the dash of your cars and other vehicles when viewed from first-person

That's from the ign review that speedometer is working I'm fpv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Amazon order still hasnt landed in Parcel Motel so I'll be lucky to have this by tomorrow at any stage IMO. :o

Me too, Royal Mail need to get their finger out! If they arrive in Belfast this evening we should have them tomorrow hopefully. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Parcel motel adds a day to your delivery though!

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that they don't work? That kinda sucks! :(

IGN had suggested that it might go down if you shoot the fuel tank and the petrol starts to leak out. But they were just guessing and got my hopes up, bastards :D

Ah I'm just guessing based on the fact that cars never run out of fuel in the game. The exception been the case you just mentioned, but pretty sure you can't do that online, well at least not on current-gen versions :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Newbie question but i played the single player on PS3 and never played GTA Online. I am planning on getting into it now with the upgrade on the PS4. Is there anywhere where there is a simple guide to GTA Online? It all seems very chaotic (in the sense that it appears to be a complete free for all). Is there any sort of structure to online? I am sure there is an easy guide somewhere, anyone let me know? Cheers

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Newbie question but i played the single player on PS3 and never played GTA Online. I am planning on getting into it now with the upgrade on the PS4. Is there anywhere where there is a simple guide to GTA Online? It all seems very chaotic (in the sense that it appears to be a complete free for all). Is there any sort of structure to online? I am sure there is an easy guide somewhere, anyone let me know? Cheers
    You should refer to the boards crew manual article 1... The first rules of online is there are no rules...
    It is a kinda free for all but bit a craic whenya are in a session with crew... Go kill randomers and what not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

mutley18 wrote: »
    Me too, Royal Mail need to get their finger out! If they arrive in Belfast this evening we should have them tomorrow hopefully. :confused:

Ya, it arrived in London on Sunday morning at 2am and hasnt budged since according to the tracker.

Not holding out hope to having it before Wednesday if theres no moving of it today.
    srumball wrote: »
    Parcel motel adds a day to your delivery though!

Yup, although I'm not to pushed waiting the extra day or two at this stage, as long as it doesnt roll into the weekend or beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

mutley18 wrote: »
    Usually for me my Amazon orders check in at around 6 and end up in my Motel around half 9 or 10. Hope to have it by midnight anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I'm in Cork and if it arrives in parcel motel depot, I always get it the next morning, usually get a txt between 6am and 9am. Recently I have found no updates on parcel motel until its actually delivered to the motel as well.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Then when you go online, it will try put you in with fellow crew members or you can choose to join a new session with crew members. Then look for a white circle icon on the map with green around it (a fellow crew member) and head to them. Most people use their mics (PS4 provides a free one that plugs straight into the joypad) so feel free to say 'well'. The best craic is with fellow crew members as you can relax a bit more and go do random stuff or races, missions, etc. Going into a server full of randomers (non crew members) it can be a bit mad as everyone is a bit paranoid and trigger happy.

Check the GTA Online Thread to see what's going on Online wise

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057286292

Also, structure wise, you will get phone calls from different characters offering jobs. Just accept and do those as it will unlock more missions and characters. Missions range from solo to multiple people in the same job as co-op misisons. After a while, missions are just to get RP (XP to level up) and cash so you can choose how you want to spend your time.

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    You should refer to the boards crew manual article 1... The first rules of online is there are no rules...
    It is a kinda free for all but bit a craic whenya are in a session with crew... Go kill randomers and what not...

Sound cheers. Will have a look at what you recommend.

sheehy83 wrote: »

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Then when you go online, it will try put you in with fellow crew members or you can choose to join a new session with crew members. Then look for a white circle icon on the map with green around it (a fellow crew member) and head to them. Most people use their mics (PS4 provides a free one that plugs straight into the joypad) so feel free to say 'well'. The best craic is with fellow crew members as you can relax a bit more and go do random stuff or races, missions, etc. Going into a server full of randomers (non crew members) it can be a bit mad as everyone is a bit paranoid and trigger happy.

Check the GTA Online Thread to see what's going on Online wise

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057286292

Also, structure wise, you will get phone calls from different characters offering jobs. Just accept and do those as it will unlock more missions and characters. Missions range from solo to multiple people in the same job as co-op misisons. After a while, missions are just to get RP (XP to level up) and cash so you can choose how you want to spend your time.

Cheers, will look into all of that :)

Ah I'm just guessing based on the fact that cars never run out of fuel in the game. The exception been the case you just mentioned, but pretty sure you can't do that online, well at least not on current-gen versions :)

Time will reveal all, and soon :D

PS4 users, Sony have an article about how GTA V uses the Dualshock 4.

Not bad!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/13/grand-theft-auto-v-ps4-gets-best-dualshock-4/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Whoops, thought that article was from today for some reason. Probably old info to some, sorry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Quick Question

I think I will go ahead with the download, my connection is fairly fast.

Are there any other issues I should take into account?

I have never owned it on the previous console so I don't need to transfer anything ie characters

I don't mind not being able to sell it in the future

Im just wondering why people tend to still buy a hard copy and potentially wait an extra day or 2 for it to arrive when you could do it on line on release date?

genuine question, just incase I am missing something

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Kavinsky - nightcall is added to the ST hnnngggggg

Quick Question

I think I will go ahead with the download, my connection is fairly fast.

Are there any other issues I should take into account?

I have never owned it on the previous console so I don't need to transfer anything ie characters

I don't mind not being able to sell it in the future

Im just wondering why people tend to still buy a hard copy and potentially wait an extra day or 2 for it to arrive when you could do it on line on release date?

genuine question, just incase I am missing something

thanks

PSN is going down for maintainence between 5pm and 11pm GMT.
    No one knows yet if that will affect any ongoing downloads you have.

I'm guessing you are a poster on bodybuilding.com :P

I saw that on another list of songs but Regulate isn't one it so don't wanna believe it :(. If Nightcall is in though, I can finally fulfil my Drive dream.

etRR21Dh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

To start with when you first get into playing online you'll probably have no money. Stay out of free-roam as much as possible. Do missions, races especially & you'll start to bank the cash. Free-roam can be fun (especially when there's other crew members involved) but the only guarantee about free-roam is it sucks money from your online wallet.
    Join the crew & add anyone you meet online. We'll generally be as generous as possible..most of the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I'm guessing you are a poster on bodybuilding.com :P

Das it mane

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I saw that on another list of songs but Regulate isn't one it so don't wanna believe it :(. If Nightcall is in though, I can finally fulfil my Drive dream.

etRR21Dh.jpg

Apparently it's on a list of confirmed new songs. Was disappointed when GTA 5 came out and the rumours of kavinsky being one of the DJs on a radio station wasn't true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

String wrote: »
    I'm in Cork and if it arrives in parcel motel depot, I always get it the next morning, usually get a txt between 6am and 9am. Recently I have found no updates on parcel motel until its actually delivered to the motel as well.

Ya my local Parcel Motel drop is Mahon Point.

Last package i got delivered landed late in the north and was down that morning by 7am, a few hours later. So hopefully sometime tomorrow or Wednesday. :)

It's cheaper than getting it off PSN, unless you get it from the US site but there are downsides to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'm well used to helping new guys do some missions to level up quickly at this stage, so anyone whose totally new to it and who'll be on ps4, feel free to add me and I'll do some missions with you so you can unlock a rake of guns and whatnot.

PSN:EtcherSketcher

Re, people still buying hard copies over digital download. There's a few reasons really, if you have a crap internet connection, a 50GB download is a non starter, you might want the ability to trade it in eventually. It can be cheaper and some people like to support the actual shops and keep people in jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skythiefz

I've had the game since late last week ;)
    i.imgur.com/soAFoKt.jpg

Took about 35 mins to install. Felt like way longer.

Graphics are great, love the way it interacts with the DS4 as well - still getting into the game but I sense I'm about to burn a lot of time in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Rockstar have finally specified exactly what transfers to next gen (pretty much everything):
    https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Characters-and-Progression-Transfer-from-Xbox-360-or-PlayStation-3-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox-One-and-PC
    What will be transferred:
    • Money – Earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will only transfer within a console family (e.g. PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4).
    • Rank and RP – You will have the same Rank and RP after transfer.
    • Game Progress – GTA Online progression will transfer including all unlocks, Contacts, Jobs, Trophies and stats.
    • Items and Property – Weapons/attachments, vehicles/modifications, properties, clothing and all aspects of character appearance will be transferred. Character-owned items (e.g. clothing, weapons, etc.) will remain in the character’s inventory and will not need to be repurchased in-game. Vehicles will appear in the same garage they were left in before the transfer.
    • Creator – Jobs made within the Creator will be transferred.
    • Crews – Existing Crew information will available.
    • Achievements and Trophies – Achievements and trophies will transfer. Additional overall Gamerscore will not be awarded for transferring achievement progress.
    What will not be transferred:
    • Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will not transfer from across console families (e.g. Xbox 360 to PlayStation®4).
    • Published Job playlists and bookmarked playlists will not be available if transferring across console families (e.g. Xbox 360 to PlayStation®4).
    • Leaderboards, world records and personal bests will not be transferred.
    • Snapmatic photos within the game. All photos will still be accessible via the Social Club website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

We'll that's good news.
    No grinding, just straight in there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Smyths emailed me to come in and pick up the game. Problem is, I was out playing astro so didn't see the mail and it's closed in less than 5 mins. Feck it anyway. Ah tomorrow's fine. Still haven't hooked up the ps4 since I got it last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jackrussel wrote: »
    Smyths emailed me to come in and pick up the game. Problem is, I was out playing astro so didn't see the mail and it's closed in less than 5 mins. Feck it anyway. Ah tomorrow's fine. Still haven't hooked up the ps4 since I got it last week

Mayor Street Smyths? The other Smyths in cork is open till 11, I wonder would they have a spare copy to give you with your pre-order receipt? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Maylor Street Smyths? The other Smyths in cork is open till 11, I wonder would they have a spare copy to give you with your pre-order receipt? ;)

Ya mayor st. I could ask but I'm not too botheres

jackrussel wrote: »
    Ya mayor st. I could ask but I'm not too botheres

I got the GTA fever myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am enjoying the new first person mode.

Importing your character is a fun process with new customisation features available.

Your single player progress does not transfer over. Only your GTA online character. I was relieved when my transfer was completed and that my money was still there.

Achievements carry over from the Xbox 360. (I am on XB1)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Quick question my game is downloading at the moment but I am just wondering I had by PS3 version of GTA V linked with my social club account and had not finished the single player due to circumstances so when I get to play the game on my PS4 will it start me off from where I finished or will I have to start from scratch. The PS3 is gone so I am guessing is the save file. Sorry if I make so sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Quick question my game is downloading at the moment but I am just wondering I had by PS3 version of GTA V linked with my social club account and had not finished the single player due to circumstances so when I get to play the game on my PS4 will it start me off from where I finished or will I have to start from scratch. The PS3 is gone so I am guessing is the save file. Sorry if I make so sense

There is no transfer of single player progress. The transfer option is for GTA Online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

There is no transfer of single player progress. The transfer option is for GTA Online.

Thanks. For some reason I am happy about that. Love the game anyway be fun to start it again. Will it reset all my data about my single player stats that I have on the social club then

Edit Just went in has a separate stats for PS 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So Smyths are leaving people collect their games now?

Wait, what's the deal with trophies?
    I can't earn all new trophies on an all new game?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So Smyths are leaving people collect their games now?

It appears so? Gamestop in U.S are allowing people to collect the games at 11PM for all recent releases too. Are they easing up on the rules or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It appears so? Gamestop in U.S are allowing people to collect the games at 11PM for all recent releases too. Are they easing up on the rules or something?

What? Dya think if I walk down to Smyths by kinsale rd roundabout I'd get one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement