Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

^*** JC Business - Tue. June 10th 2014 - all levels ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Emmie123 wrote: »
    The only account I did on the entire paper was the analysed cash book on paper 2 I think aha

Woop did that too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

your business then. what a way to piss out the examiner & make them mark you down for the simplest of mistakes/errors.

Examiners do not punish students for answering more than what's required. I have no idea where you're getting this idea from.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmie123

nanook5 wrote: »
    Woop did that too :D

Oh, and the budget on paper 1 but those are fairly simple :P

Emmie123 wrote: »
    Oh, and the budget on paper 1 but those are fairly simple :P

Didn't everyone do that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Answered Qs 2,4,5,6. I would of done Q3 but I don't remember ever learning about overheads and Q1 is hell on earth for me. I think I've done really well over all but i'm never really sure. I think i've got a B but an A would be lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

emersyn wrote: »
    GUESS WHOSE FINAL ACCOUNTS BALANCED

SAME ITS THE FIRST TIME MINE HAVE EVER BALANCED I AM SO HAPPY :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

nanook5 wrote: »
    So €563800 for the Balance sheet it correct :D

Same here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Mine balanced and I think I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

I hate Business with a passion but I cant deny that that was a really great paper!:) PII Q.6 was basically a comprehension:')Did anyone do the business PaperII Q5 advirtisement? How was it meant to be done? Also please tell me on Paper I we were meant to divide 3,500 by the WE SELL price:)

Just to say again that my teacher said she's definitely doing both papers tonight so I'll post the answers tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

Ughhh that beautiful feeling when you balance your final accounts!!!

Actually feel delighted coming out of that! As usual there were parts of questions I struggled with (monitoring overheads anyone???) but overall it went really well, all my accounts balanced, looking for a B fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 00cm

Account didn't balance Final Accounts! I did get the actual balance figure for one of them though.
    Messed up the overheads - did wages as an overheads but found out labour doesn't count. I dunno how I did with my budget, I got 8887 or something along that lines but thought I was wrong and ended up with 3 something. (Sigh!)
    I agree paper 1 was amazing! Could answer all the long questions - was super happy. Short questions were simple enough, definitely thought it would be a lot worse.
    Hoping for a high B, maybe borderline A because I made some stupid mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Fifii wrote: »
    I hate Business with a passion but I cant deny that that was a really great paper!:) PII Q.6 was basically a comprehension:')Did anyone do the business PaperII Q5 advirtisement? How was it meant to be done? Also please tell me on Paper I we were meant to divide 3,500 by the WE SELL price:)

I drew the outline of a house and inside it I wrote brief bullet points about the business in different colours. I'd say they're just looking for you to include the information given in a concise way, it doesn't really matter how you presented it.
    I'm fairly sure that we were meant to multiply by the WE SELL price instead of divide but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JWM12

Liordi wrote: »
    If I want to try maximize my marks, how is that "an ordinary level move?"

If I was a teacher, I'd rather you put a lot of effort into 4 questions rather than doing good/alright in 6. At the end of the day, you're only marked on 4 so you're aswell perfecting 4. But that's just me :)

That was quite handy. Paper one was beyond easy the short questions were so simple. Was done paper two in an hour after destroying the trading P+L, Analaysed cashbook and some other two things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmie123

I can't get over how easy the abbreviations were for the short questions :D

Fifii wrote: »
    Sorry, you were meant to multiply by we sell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Wages is an overhead isnt it? :)

JWM12 wrote: »
    If I was a teacher, I'd rather you put a lot of effort into 4 questions rather than doing good/alright in 6. At the end of the day, you're only marked on 4 so you're aswell perfecting 4. But that's just me :)

That was quite handy. Paper one was beyond easy the short questions were so simple. Was done paper two in an hour after destroying the trading P+L, Analaysed cashbook and some other two things :D

Some people can do 6 questions perfect! Or to the best of their ability, people write at different speeds and as someone said the examiner isn't there to judge you on the amount of questions you did or pick unnecessary faults in your paper

pizzamad wrote: »

That's what I was thinking too?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

Liordi wrote: »
    Of course I'm desperate for marks, I want to do the best I possibly can.
    Anyhow; I really don't see any pity for examiners, it's not like they're correcting the papers for free. :rolleyes:

Also, if you did all the questions, it looks like you didn't spend enaugh time on the others, and it looks bad. Not to be an ass, but I spoke to a corrector before and he said even if you waffled on some questions, but only did the required ones, he won't give you full marks, but will give you some, whereas if you did all six, means you could have spent more time on the required ones, and so he docks you more marks, also no matter how fast you are, these exams are designed so that maximum you finish 45 minutes in rare cases.

For anyone that did q5, what did you guys say the value of the business was? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

ECM1234 wrote: »
    For anyone that did q5, what did you guys say the value of the business was? :)

€300,000

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

The examiner is not going to mark you any different whether you do 4 or 6, there's a marking scheme they have to go by. You'll get marks according to how well your questions are answered.

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    €300,000

Same :D divide 180000 by 0.6 :D

The examiner is not going to mark you any different whether you do 4 or 6, there's a marking scheme they have to go by. You'll get marks according to how well your questions are answered.

Exactly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 00cm

pizzamad wrote: »

Unfortunately not. I did wages as an overhead but overhead does not include direct labour or materials, the answer should have been insurance.

00cm wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. I did wages as an overhead but overhead does not include direct labour or materials, the answer should have been insurance.

I thought it was the total overhead so I said motor(Vehicle) .

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    €300,000

yep, coes 180,000 = 60% so 1% = 180,000 ÷ 60 = 3,000 × 100 (to get 100%) = 300,000

• Advertisement

00cm wrote: »

For f*cks sake! Did a good answer to that bit and all

Advertisement