Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

^*** JC Business - Tue. June 10th 2014 - all levels ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Anyone else delighted with those papers ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adekoon

does anyone know the answer for the household budget? i got 8000 something i think 8700. but peopple in my year got different answers ranging from 7000-9000. so what did yous all get??

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

ECM1234 wrote: »
    Anyone else delighted with those papers ? :D

Yes.Very very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmie123

adekoon wrote: »
    does anyone know the answer for the household budget? i got 8000 something i think 8700 hundred. but peopple in my year got different answers ranging from 7000-9000. so what did yous all get??

I got 9000 and something.. think I made a calculation error tho but it balanced

does anyone know the answer for the household budget? i got 8000 something i think 8700 hundred. but peopple in my year got different answers ranging from 7000-9000. so what did yous all get??

€8737 is the answer going by popularity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

Got 8887?

nanook5 wrote: »
    €8737 is the answer going by popularity

cheers man thats what i got :) (however all the people form my year balanced theirs as well? how can 2 diifferent answers balance??)

cheers man thats what i got :) (however all the people form my year balanced theirs as well? how can 2 diifferent answers balance??)

It will balance because say an error was made in income for apr-dec it will be wrong for both apr-dec and jan-dec and so it will balance.I hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 00cm

Xgracie wrote: »
    For f*cks sake! Did a good answer to that bit and all

I know, I did too! Gutted but at least the analysed cash book is worth 19 marks. Hoping that question wasn't worth that much because I messed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Omargul

Anyone get 7647? For household budget

• Advertisement

It will balance because say an error was made in income for apr-dec it will be wrong for both apr-dec and jan-dec and so it will balance.I hope that makes sense.

ok ye i get it now

• Registered Users Posts: 13 00cm

I thought it was the total overhead so I said motor(Vehicle) .

I'm not sure tbh, don't remember the question - I remember asking a couple of people and they said it was insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I got €8,737 for the Budget and €530,600 (I think) for the Final accounts (they balanced :D). Do they sound right?

00cm wrote: »
    I'm not sure tbh, don't remember the question - I remember asking a couple of people and they said it was insurance.

The total column in the analysed cash book for motor was the second biggest (Behind wages) so I chose that :)

Omargul wrote: »
    Anyone get 7647? For household budget

hah my friend did :P

VG31 wrote: »
    I got €8,737 for the Budget and €530,600 (I think) for the Final accounts (they balanced :D). Do they sound right?

hmm i got 563000. maybe u confused the 3 and the 6? but i got ur answer in the household budget.

PS im not sure about the hundreds in hte final account so read as 563 and something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

00cm wrote: »
    I know, I did too! Gutted but at least the analysed cash book is worth 19 marks. Hoping that question wasn't worth that much because I messed it up.

Don't worry I was fiddling with my calculator, you know seeing how many marks I needed and stuff and a few mistakes like that won't make you miss out on the A (if that's what your aiming for) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

On the 2011 paper and in our mocks wages was listed as an overhead so wages are..

hmm i got 563000. maybe u confused the 3 and the 6? but i got ur answer in the household budget.

PS im not sure about the hundreds in hte final account so read as 563 and something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Anyone else do q1?

• Advertisement

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

I thought it was We Sell but ythen somebody told me it was Bank Buys like 5_ mins before the exam.... Goddammit I said advertising as overhead but I think it might be overdraft now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Oisin4 wrote: »
    I thought it was We Sell but ythen somebody told me it was Bank Buys like 5_ mins before the exam.... Goddammit I said advertising as overhead but I think it might be overdraft now :(
    I know:( I multiplied it at first but then crossed it out and divided it:( From now on I think Ill go with my instinct:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmie123

All of these papers so far have been quite nice, especially business, I was expecting much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

.....Basically, here is paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Did all 6 questions again. :D
    TPLA & Final Accounts balanced so I'm pretty happy.

Liordi wrote: »
    Did all 6 questions again. :D
    TPLA & Final Accounts balanced so I'm pretty happy.

How do you manage ? I do each question in about 25 mins . I expand my point hugely by doing about 2-3 pages per question e.g Q.6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

How do you manage ? I do each question in about 25 mins . I expand my point hugely by doing about 2-3 pages per question e.g Q.6

I get through the bookkeeping questions pretty quickly.
    Spent approx 10~ minutes on TPLA, 20 on Ledgers and 5 on the ACB part of Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

That was probably it. They balanced so I'm sure I got it right! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

Beca19 wrote: »
    Anyone else do q1?

The Daybooks q in paper 2? Yeahhh :)

Advertisement