Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

^*** JC Business - Tue. June 10th 2014 - all levels ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

nanook5 wrote: »

Oh my god did you actually get this?!?! I got this it too omg YAY

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Xgracie wrote: »
    Oh my god did you actually get this?!?! I got this it too omg YAY

Most people got this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Thank god! Was seriously beginning to doubt myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Did your teacher say she would do paper 2? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Kelly090 wrote: »
    The Daybooks q in paper 2? Yeahhh :)

What balance did you get?:)

• Advertisement

Liordi wrote: »
    Did your teacher say she would do paper 2? :)

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

Beca19 wrote: »
    What balance did you get?:)

To be honest I really cant remember! It balanced at the end but mine has a tendency to balance but be completely wrong!
    I think I got 171000 or something along those lines? What about you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adekoon

hope i get the gold medal lads :D

If you get an A in Limerick you get to go out to the University and get presented with like some certificate :)

If you get an A in Limerick you get to go out to the University and get presented with like some certificate :)

Something happened similar in our school to when we were in first year.
    Nobody got an A in business last year, though. :pac:

• Advertisement

Same here we get sent to Galway though :P

To be honest I really cant remember! It balanced at the end but mine has a tendency to balance but be completely wrong!
    I think I got 171000 or something along those lines? What about you? :)

Yeah I'm so scared that happened to me :/ em 217000 and something

I've got this gut feeling my budget was wrong, can't remember my final answer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cryoverpapers

217180 for ledgers? 563 800 for balance sheet?

217180 for ledgers? 563 800 for balance sheet?

Something like this, yeah.

Beca19 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm so scared that happened to me :/ em 217000 and something

Yes that rings a bell!! Haha hopefully it's right now :)

I've got this gut feeling my budget was wrong, can't remember my final answer though.
    Sure if it is wrong, and u did most of the rest right you will only lose a few marks :)

Sure if it is wrong, and u did most of the rest right you will only lose a few marks :)

I know yeah, I'm gonna wait until nanook posts his teachers solutions until I begin to worry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 David Mcgregor

Do ye know for the letter,, did it have to be long or just 2-3 paragraphs as there wasn't much to write about

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adekoon

Do ye know for the letter,, did it have to be long or just 2-3 paragraphs as there wasn't much to write about

ye i barely wrote anything for that. hope u didnt have to write loads :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

I'm a Business teacher. I just did the Final accounts and the books of first entry questions from paper 2.
    The Final a/c it has a balance of 563800.
    The Trial Balance in Q1 has a trial balance total of 217180.

Hopefully everyone is happy enough with the exam. Feel free to ask any questions. (I'm not going to do the budget tonight)

milosh wrote: »
    I'm a Business teacher. I just did the Final accounts and the books of first entry questions from paper 2.

Hopefully everyone is happy enough with the exam. Feel free to ask any questions. (I'm not going to do the budget tonight)

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 00cm

pizzamad wrote: »
    On the 2011 paper and in our mocks wages was listed as an overhead so wages are..

Really? If it is then great, because I picked wages. The only reason I thought it wasn't wages because it's defined as "ongoing costs of a business excluding direct labour, materials and expenses." Take that as you will, maybe I'm wrong lol

I have a question regarding Paper 2 Q.6

When it asks what is the benefit to the family. I thought the question was a bit unclear so I assumed that they will be borrowing the laptop from Grainne.

So I said that 2 benefits to the family would be that they can prepare household budgets using software(I expanded a bit more) and I said they they can do internet shopping,availing of special offers and such and thus saving money on petrol because they don't have to pick shopping up

Would this be correct ?

@milosh
    Had one of the points the same as nanook.
    Would the ability to contact relatives who may be abroad also count as another use?

I have a question regarding Paper 2 Q.6

When it asks what is the benefit to the family. I thought the question was a bit unclear so I assumed that they will be borrowing the laptop from Grainne.

So I said that 2 benefits to the family would be that they can prepare household budgets using software(I expanded a bit more) and I said they they can do internet shopping,availing of special offers and such and thus saving money on petrol because they don't have to pick shopping up

Would this be correct ?
    that answer is fine

@milosh
    Had one of the points the same as nanook.
    Would the ability to contact relatives who may be abroad also count as another use?

that's fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Those were such nice papers!Did many people drop to OL for ye?3out of8(theres only 18in our centre usually cos.we're.split from everyone in the hall)did in our exam-id be so annoyed if i did that considering how.doable.that was.Finished with about 20mins.to.go on p2 there was only 5 of.us in our centre.for p2 and only 1girl stayed to the end :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

that's fine too.

Would using it for working purposes be ok?

• Advertisement

that answer is fine

Advertisement