Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from BordGais to Electric Ireland. Advert misleading

Options
  • 10-06-2014 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I've switched from Bord Gais to Electric Ireland, as your 15% discount advertised was too good to pass on. I've received a confirmation email at the time of the switching stating that I have 1 year Discounted Price Plan. Couple of weeks later, once the switch over was done, I got another email (Welcome email) saying that the discount is fixed from the date of sign up to 31st March 2015. How come you say in the switch email that I have a year discount, and in the next email that the discount is valid for 9-10 month? Is that not misleading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Pacelut,

If you could private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name, address and telephone number, we will check into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'd like clarity on this as well, which has also arisen (in reverse) on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057205162/1#post90396454.

I switched in mid May, and have received a mail stating my discounts are valid until end March 2015, which is not what multiple sections of the EI site state. As far as I am concerned my prices are fixed for 12 months from when I switched, i.e. until mid May 2015, as stated on the EI website. Could you please provide confirmation of this. I will supply my details by PM, but would like this confirmation on this thread please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Any clarification on this yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Lombardo86,

Our apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are still dealing with Padraig Mor's query by private message.

Is there anything we can help you with? If there is, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Lombardo,

Yes there has. Apologies for my late reply - I'm on holidays at the moment. The EI reps have confirmed to me that the end date of June 31 2015 (and similar dates every 3 months) refer solely to the discount end date, not to the contract end date which is in fact 12 months from sign up date. I have suggested they add a sticky here and update their advertising material as this distinction is currently far from clear!

• Advertisement
Advertisement