Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah they removed loads of playlists last week to try speed things up before the patch. The trouble is now even if they do fix it the population could be pretty low due to people moving on to other stuff, at the moment some playlists seem much quicker to find games than others but because there's no population counter we have no way of knowing which ones actually have people in them.

This is exactly what's happening.
    Any momentum that 343 / MS have gained has been destroyed by these issues.
    As in example, In my experience GTA V has pretty much taken up most of my mates time on my friends list because they CBA with Halo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I'm not usually one to complain, but I'm at the "I want my money back" stage. I've never said that about any other game ever and out of loyalty, it kills me to say it about Halo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

That the latest update has inadvertently added more bugs is kinda incredible :confused:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-master-chief-collection-update-inadvertently-/1100-6423786/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quad_red wrote: »
    That the latest update has inadvertently added more bugs is kinda incredible :confused:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-master-chief-collection-update-inadvertently-/1100-6423786/

Every patch for Destiny since it came out in september has introduced new glitches into the game too. This kind of crap is rapidly turning into the expected standard for games on launch it seems. Pretty infuriating stuff. Whatever about Destiny, its problems are nowhere near the level of those in the MCC which should have been a home run for the Xbox One. Beggars belief really that they could **** up this bad.

• quad_red wrote: »

It's getting to the stage of ridiculous, game developers under undue pressure from publishers when games are just not ready to be released in a stable form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

at this stage im just hoping its in a lot better shape for the christmas holidays

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gamespot wrote:
    In other Master Chief Collection news, 343 has released a "Rumble" playlist for Halo 2: Anniversary, which is currently capped at 10 players and does not feature ranking at the moment. Ranking will be added once the game's matchmaking issues are sorted out.
    Well if I can get into this I'll be somewhat happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

You think this kinda thing can be regulated? Amazing how many games get launched now and are completely and utterly broken. TBH havent touched the game because of the online issues, still stuck into FIFA (even worse!!!) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's getting to the stage of ridiculous, game developers under undue pressure from publishers when games are just not ready to be released in a stable form.

It will probably even completely scrap any opportunity of a 360 emulator if they cant even port this correctly.

Played a few good games last night - even got a Running Riot medal! A rarity in my locker, I tell ya.

Then the servers started acting up and the last three games I made it into kicked the whole lobby out just as the map was loading up. A frustrating end to the evening.

I think I'll watch the Champions League tonight instead.

• Advertisement

well that sounds more promising anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Surely Microsoft should offer us something for this wait etc?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/a-status-update-from-bonnie-ross-on-halo-the-master-chief-collection
    my commitment to you is that we will take care of all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our primary and continued focus is first on fixing the issues at hand. Once we’ve done that, we will detail how we will make this right with our fans.

maybe something i guess!

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/537063026281549824

Yadda yadda. Doesn't mention sending us all a voucher for COD. :pac:

EDIT: Snap!

I'm concerned that this lady is giving us the updates.

According to Halwaypoint - she's never even played the game. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Give up lads and get stuck back into halo 4 mp. awesome game!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Give up lads and get stuck back into halo 4 mp. awesome game!

I foolishly gave my copy away because I didn't think I'd need it anymore with this coming out.

I refuse to dust off the 360. I don't think I could handle the noise off the thing for a start!

I sold my 360 with halo 4 a few weeks before buying xbox one for this. I LOVED halo 4!

I'm getting GTA as back for christmas gaming in case this is still a mess

Dades wrote: »
    I refuse to dust off the 360. I don't think I could handle the noise off the thing for a start!

It'll start talking to you soon, still have mine for playing Fallout and CS:GO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just received my copy this morning from Xtravision. Started the installation and then 15GB update! WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's the initial matchmaking update, probably another 1.5gb patch after that downloads!

Just received my copy this morning from Xtravision. Started the installation and then 15GB update! WTF?

Install the game offline, then do the update. Otherwise your in for a wait buddy.

If you have download issues (stalling etc) set your Xbox to never auto turn off.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

If you have download issues (stalling etc) set your Xbox to never auto turn off.

See here.

Ta, I sorted that last week when I was installing ACU. This update will take all day with my damn 2MB Eircom connection.

just played my first multiplayer game! was delayed due to moving house and with all the talk of it being broken I didn't worry too much about it. Have to say I really enjoyed it,searching for players here and it is taking ages.

I kept pressing the wrong button to melee someone, i end up just walking into someone until they kill me

Played 2 games this morning, good laugh but then was waiting for ages so turned it off. I'll try again next week

That last patch completely broke matchmaking for me. It's even worse than launch day now, haven't found a match in days. It also wiped my save points in campaign.

Managed a couple of mismatched team games last night. Got thrown out of more.

I'm astounded this is still as bad as it is weeks later. What must it be like in 343 these days.... wow.

What makes it worse is I decided to buy myself Halo in November and ask the missis for COD in my Christmas stocking. Clearly I should have done the complete opposite. :(

• Advertisement

Managed a couple of mismatched team games last night. Got thrown out of more.

I'm astounded this is still as bad as it is weeks later. What must it be like in 343 these days.... wow.

What makes it worse is I decided to buy myself Halo in November and ask the missis for COD in my Christmas stocking. Clearly I should have done the complete opposite. :(

Do not get COD!

Advertisement