Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Comments

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    That last patch completely broke matchmaking for me. It's even worse than launch day now, haven't found a match in days. It also wiped my save points in campaign.

Really?? That's painful.

It's turning out like Battlefield 4.

Dev is in a panic to rush these fixes out without extensive testing. The mistake was made to release this in the first place unfinished.
    343 need to stop what there doing, pin point a date of weeks rather than days and find a permanent solution.
    In the mean time they should find a way to gift the consumer who purchased a broken game or in effect release publicly an option to the allow the consumer to gain full refund at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have met a glitch in the last level of Halo 2, right after Johnson blasts the doors of the temple open with the Scarab - Have cleared the room of brutes but it won't let me go any further, doors won't open ffs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

madcabbage wrote: »
    Do not get COD!
    Really? The reviews have been decent and I've been a fan for years. Haven't owned one since Black OPs but have missed the manic feel of COD somewhat, and thought this was a good release to get back in.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's turning out like Battlefield 4.
    It's waaay worse than that. Have racked up a lot of hours on BF4 and the problems there are First World ones compared to Halo MCC.

None of the BF problems ever really bothered me but sitting in a lobby 90% of the time does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

how is anyone playing it? you would have to sit there for about 2 hours to get a handful of games from what ive experienced!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Dades wrote: »
    Really? The reviews have been decent and I've been a fan for years. Haven't owned one since Black OPs but have missed the manic feel of COD somewhat, and thought this was a good release to get back in!

No, no and no. The jumping completely ruins the game, still way too quick and they haven't addressed the kill times. Headache of a game to be honest. Only good point is the campaign, it's a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

No, no and no. The jumping completely ruins the game, still way too quick and they haven't addressed the kill times. Headache of a game to be honest. Only good point is the campaign, it's a cracker.

There is a playlist for those who don't like the new "exo" features. It just lets you play classic COD deathmatch with all those fancy jumping jetpacks taken out of it.

I hated COD after Modern Warfare 3. It was the last straw with Ghosts. I don't know, I think Advanced Warfare is a step in the right direction for the franchise.

Back on topic;

The latest update for MCC has done little to nothing for me.

I was waiting in the lobby for a good 5 minutes (a lifetime for an online gamer) and I finally got into a Halo 3 map with 9 players (5 v 4) on Snowbound. Not a spot of lag, it was complete bliss for the whole match (despite my horrible K/D of 5 kills and 19 deaths, but I didn't care). Then on the way back to the lobby I got kicked. And I was left waiting longer for only 4 players to show up.

It seems there was something in that update that did get fixed.........but it's only the smallest of improvements after two relatively large updates. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick to this if another update comes out and doesn't fix anything.

There is a playlist for those who don't like the new "exo" features. It just lets you play classic COD deathmatch with all those fancy jumping jetpacks taken out of it.

I hated COD after Modern Warfare 3. It was the last straw with Ghosts. I don't know, I think Advanced Warfare is a step in the right direction for the franchise.

Well aware of that but the game is still way to quick, guns are horribly unbalanced and maps are tiny. Nothing can beat COD 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Well aware of that but the game is still way to quick, guns are horribly unbalanced and maps are tiny. Nothing can beat COD 4.

I agree. COD4 was savage. I don't really notice unbalancing of guns or any of that jargon. If a gun kills someone, that's fine by me.

...... (that would sound disturbing out of context :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Well another update and no match making again...do any of.you think I could bring a xbox one and game back for a refund after this..After all 400 euro is a bit much for.this ****e

I found I could get games relatively easy last night, but got returned to the lobby every time.

Not a bad thing because the post game lobby was even more of a crap shoot than the pre-game one.

• Advertisement

i was playing sat night for a few hours and never had problems getting a game, always returned to the lobby as well, but at least it's some decent progress for a change

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Returning to the lobby after is deliberate apparently according to the patch notes. Hopped on earlier and I seem to be finding games handy enough in every playlist apart from BTB which seems to still be broken.

i could get games in btb but it took a lot longer than the other playlists so its not worth it atm

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    Returning to the lobby after is deliberate apparently according to the patch notes. Hopped on earlier and I seem to be finding games handy enough in every playlist apart from BTB which seems to still be broken.

It's annoying after every successful match because the match making times are so erratic.

Get into a game then you may have to wait another 20 minutes to get into the next, or you may be lucky and jump into another 1 shortly after. All a bit of a lottery though.

• Another update released.
    This one looks to be much more substantial;

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/12/08/halo-the-master-chief-collection-update-hits-matchmaking-parties

When you see the list of fixes each day it really does make you laugh at how it went "gold" early, have you ever seen fans been ripped off so badly!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Was over 1GB!

Interestingly, I played a bit of B4 while I was waiting and it made me appreciate the job they've done on the MCC anniversary stuff. The B4 visuals suddenly seemed soft in comparison.

The patch seemed to offer nothing new from the night before. Can get into games after a still-way-too-long wait, but always kicked back to the main lobby after the game.

played some last nite and have to say its a big improvement ,matchmaking was fairly quick for btb and even tho it was 7 aside instead of 8,sometimes 7 v 5 ,it played really well

Something definitely amiss after that last update.

I played a rumble game on Warlord and could not hit a cows arse with a banjo. I bared scored a kill before the game ended. Hopefully the next patch will fix this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Finally finished the original halo in the campaign mode, loved it from start to finish brought back great memories :D

I've started halo 2 now and god what a let down, graphics are terrible!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So as an apology for the game being in the state it was at release. 343 are giving all players the following for free:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

as well as

**1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
    **Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
    **Exclusive In-Game Avatar

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-halo-thank-you-to-our-fans

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    So as an apology for the game being in the state it was at release. 343 are giving all players the following for free:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

as well as

**1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
    **Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
    **Exclusive In-Game Avatar

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-halo-thank-you-to-our-fans

Fair play to them, pity EA wouldn't do things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I really enjoyed ODST so getting an updated version is fantastic news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've started halo 2 now and god what a let down, graphics are terrible!! :confused:

......:confused:

Looked fantastic to my eyes!

......:confused:

Looked fantastic to my eyes!
    Browning2010, are you sure you didn't have the "Back" button pressed? :pac:

haha i was thinking that, it looks great!!

When will the halo 5 beta be live anyone know.have it downloaded since last night and still can't get a game of it

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Its live now

Its live now

I did the download last night and got a message saying it's live - but when I go try the beta the option is greyed out?

Annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Dades wrote: »
    I did the download last night and got a message saying it's live - but when I go try the beta the option is greyed out?

Annoying!

Did you restart the game? Also if you go to My games and Apps and go to games it should be there seperately as halo 5 guardians or did you just do a download when you turned on the master chief collection?

Advertisement