Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, just got the update and the game has gone from working fine online to not working at all again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Well, just got the update and the game has gone from working fine online to not working at all again. :mad:

Give it a chance man. It's working really well for me and others by the looks of things. Have you got an open nat and all that jazz?

simarconi wrote: »
    Give it a chance man. It's working really well for me and others by the looks of things. Have you got an open nat and all that jazz?

Yup, it was working fine until the update, now it's just back to the original problem of endlessly searching for games.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I played for about an hour earlier, still can't get a match in big team, other playlists seem to be much the same as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yup, it was working fine until the update, now it's just back to the original problem of endlessly searching for games.

I'm still struggling to find my halo form, getting creamed anytime I play.

But the bigger problem is I just can't seem to find a Game! Matchmaking is a disaster :-(

Any game types easier than others to find a game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Got some games in over the last couple of days. Mostly slaughtered, with the exception of one day (not sure if it matters but it was early in the day - so might have been pre-Americans?)

Finding matches okay, but having to manually enter the lobby and choose playlist again after a game is a PITA still.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

because Halo4 plays a little bit more like the more modern SEUps, I seem to be more successful at them.

The others I get creamed in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Trilla wrote: »
    because Halo4 plays a little bit more like the more modern SEUps, I seem to be more successful at them.

The others I get creamed in

Don't know if it's my connection or the game but I find the hit detection in Halo: CE and Halo 2 playlists to be awful.

3&4 play well for me now though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

April content update will apparently adding ranks to the other playlists at last.

Had a few games during the week and matchmaking seems to be working really well now.

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    April content update will apparently adding ranks to the other playlists at last.

Had a few games during the week and matchmaking seems to be working really well now.

Matchmaking improved?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Matchmaking improved?

Yeah it seemed to be the last night anyway, managed to have 3 or 4 games of big team within an hour.

Yeah it seemed to be the last night anyway, managed to have 3 or 4 games of big team within an hour.

Such a shame as it's passed me by now.
    I might give it a go later today but it looks like the hardcore players will be the only ones playing. I would say its even more frustrating people who never played halo online and yet the issues have only subsided now.
    Coop still and will always be a blast to play so that's why I still have it in my collection.

Couldn't get a single game in matchmaking last night. Tried a few gametypes over 30 mins, but nothing.

Played some Battlefield 4 in the end really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

BF is great,. Playing with friends is the best, everyone playing different roles to work together as a team, class craic

Also, much as I've loved Halo and to a point, Destiny and Titanfall, I've missed the sound of the real-life weapons in BF. The sound is just great down to the noise the spilled cartridges make.

ODST to be released next month.

tmcc-odst-coastal-highway-establishing-invasion_1024x768-76f24de75aa4471eb6e369b3c5ac8ea4.jpg

tmcc-odst-nmpd-hq-police-action_1024x768-27db148def724c60b060d03f8012f896.jpg

Looking good, there's a rejigged version of relic coming too. I quite liked ODST's campaign, particularly with all the Firefly actors :)

Played a bit last night and matchmaking seems to be decent now.

• I wonder will they include firefight...

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I wonder will they include firefight...

I thought I saw on Reddit or somewhere that they said it's the campaign only.

Rumours flying around that ODST will be available on May 29th.

• Advertisement

A game I never liked, I think I gave up after the first level - but I'm gonna give it another go when it lands.

maximoose wrote: »
    A game I never liked, I think I gave up after the first level - but I'm gonna give it another go when it lands.

I enjoyed it from what I remember, the main flash back parts where you play as other members of the squad were decent enough, the "present day" parts as the rookie were a bit boring.

I enjoyed it from what I remember, the main flash back parts where you play as other members of the squad were decent enough, the "present day" parts as the rookie were a bit boring.

Coop is always great fun, I enjoyed the Vehicle sections and I love the silenced SMG.

Good news on ODST, will be looking for somebody to complete the campaign with.

I wonder will they include Firefight with it?

As far as I know firefight isn't coming, fingers crossed it will eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Looking forward to playing ODST again, finished it once and never touched it since. Kind of makes "The Master Chief Collection" sound redundant, though :pac:. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind seeing Reach come back, be it part of the collection or on it's own. Bring me them remasters. I'm the only person I know that likes them. :P

I'd absolutely love to get Reach!

Yeah, miss Reach a lot from the MCC, we ended up going back to Reach on the 360 for our multiplayer fix.

i check halo waypoint every few weeks to see how the multiplayer is coming along. i wonder is it even worth their while fixing it at this stage

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i check halo waypoint every few weeks to see how the multiplayer is coming along. i wonder is it even worth their while fixing it at this stage

For the two weeks leading up to the new Destiny expansion I was playing it a fair bit, it's pretty good now and there's loads of people still playing as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement

from what i could gather was 3 playlists were working properly, with ranking, but the btb still didnt work?

Advertisement