Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IPAD Wifi roaming agressiveness

• 10-06-2014 8:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Due to thick walls in my house I have two Wireless APs, connected via cable, configutred with the same SSID & security details.

With my laptop I can configure the "Wifi roaming agressiveness" on the network adapters such that the laptop will alwasy switch to whichever AP provides the strongest signal.

On the kids IPADs they seem to hold onto whichever AP they are connected to even when the signal strength is very low & the alternative AP has a much stronger signal. The onyl way to force it to the stronger signal is to switch on & off wifi.

Is there an option on the IPAD to adjust the "WiFi roaming agressiveness" in the same way there is on a Windows laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Unfortunately not as far as I'm aware :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭tombrown

Kids find a way aroudn this anyway - they both know to ocasionally disabel & enable the wifi to pick up the closest AP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Depends on the exact layout of the house, and the feature-set of the APs you're using, but (if it's possible,) would it help to turn down the transmission power on the APs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Same 'problem' here with an iPad 2. Have a wireless AP in our business premises connected back to the house network with CAT5e. The iPad wont drop the house wifi connection from the shop even when it's only one bar and one is standing right beside the Shop AP.

Confusingly sometimes simply disconnecting and reconnected connects me back to the house network. I actually go into settings and manually select the shop network.

Advertisement