Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misleading food packaging

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Ah, but this is new and improved tesco crop rotation... And if they could spray to avoid doing it they would

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Markcheese wrote: »
    Ah, but this is new and improved tesco crop rotation... And if they could spray to avoid doing it they would

Every little bit helps... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you mean Welsh rarebit but I could be wrong!!

I really laughed when I also read that. But... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/welsh%20rabbit we were both pretentious twats! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Marketing marketing, marketing....it would really get on your nerves.....if you let it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I don't normally read the Torygraph, but this caught my eye.....

Food labels 'fool us’ into thinking products are healthy
    Shoppers are being misled into believing that they are buying healthy foods because of buzzwords like ‘gluten-free’ on packaging, an academic has claimed.

Although consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the need to choose healthier options at the supermarket, researchers found they are often lulled into thinking food is more nutritious because of cynical marketing ploys.

Dr Temple Northup and his team at Houston University found terms like ‘gluten-free’ , ‘natural’, ‘wholegrain’ and ‘antioxidant’ trick the brain into disregarding unhealthy ingredients.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The best results are with a very fine, high-powered jet of water as it doesn't 'tear' the filling like a knife would.
    You learn something new every day. :)

Before last week I had never heard of this water knife, last night I had a nightmare where I was reaching for an egg sandwich on a production line and somehow or another stuck my wrist under said fine, high powered jet of water. You owe me a nights sleep!! :)

Advertisement