Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ad Astra based on First Year Results

Options
  • 10-06-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I was wondering whether anyone knows what kind of GPA you need to get an Ad Astra scholarship based based on your First Year Results?

I'm doing a Business course (I think they're given out based on school) and have a 4.1 average. I know someone that got one with 3.9 but he's doing Arts so maybe it's higher/there are fewer for the business courses. So yeah, if anyone has any idea I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 literatefarmer

I also got one in Arts with 3.9, have a feeling the Commerce people have to be up near the 4.1 mark because there's less room for ambiguity in their exams (there is no such thing as a perfect history essay for example) and because Quinn is allocated 2 scholarships based on First Year results. You may be safe, you'll find out the first or second week of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 McKrab

I also got one in Arts with 3.9, have a feeling the Commerce people have to be up near the 4.1 mark because there's less room for ambiguity in their exams (there is no such thing as a perfect history essay for example) and because Quinn is allocated 2 scholarships based on First Year results. You may be safe, you'll find out the first or second week of August.

Yeah I'm not that hopeful, just thought I'd check, cheers for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Know someone in commerce international who has a GPA around 3.9 (that's including semester one this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 literatefarmer

McKrab just for future reference I don't think stalking someone's LinkedIn profile counts as ''knowing'' them.

Advertisement