Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

So is it normal that it says "Application Awaiting Assessment" on my SUSI home page?
    Because it says it should take on average 4-6 weeks to complete but I submitted it on the 3rd of July?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LisaNiChon

Same here, I called in mid-August, they said 2-3 weeks before I heard. I called the 1st of September and they said 2 weeks. I called again today when I had problems registering without the grant confirmation and they said 2-3 weeks again. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Byrnesy919

I am currently living at home in Monaghan attending dkit college (Dundalk). I've applied for the grant quite late but I got a letter asking to send all the necessary forms and stuff. I really want to find accommodation in Dundalk this year. I'm certain that I will receive a grant for tuition fees but I'm not sure if I'll get the maintainance grant even though I live over the 45km required distance away to receive the non-adjacent rate grant. Is it possible to receive the maintainance grant if your living at home with parents? I am commuting by car mostly at the moment too. Thanks, any advise would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Conor9320

Byrnesy919 wrote: »
    I am currently living at home in Monaghan attending dkit college (Dundalk). I've applied for the grant quite late but I got a letter asking to send all the necessary forms and stuff. I really want to find accommodation in Dundalk this year. I'm certain that I will receive a grant for tuition fees but I'm not sure if I'll get the maintainance grant even though I live over the 45km required distance away to receive the non-adjacent rate grant. Is it possible to receive the maintainance grant if your living at home with parents? I am commuting by car mostly at the moment too. Thanks, any advise would be great.

You should still get whatever the amount is that you're entitled to regardless of where you're living! A lot of students live at home and commute, they still get a maintanance grant if they meet the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

rawn wrote: »
    So if I live near the college, and my fees are €2750, they only pay €1215 off of the fees??

No. If you get a maintenance grant of 1215. They pay 2750 fees plus 1215 maintenance.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Guys wondering could anyone give me a bit of help here :o

When I was filling in the SUSI, I was working 8 hours a week part time but I got summer work and since June I've been working full time (40 hours). It's only after dawning on me that I may have had to declare this and SUSI have had my bank details since May so presumably they've been able to see the extra income coming in. Does anyone know if this could affect my grant?

I've been at SUSI on a regular basis and they're still saying that CAO haven't communicated with them whether or not I've accepted a course yet and I'd assume it's the same for everyone who accepted through CAO :/

It doesnt matter your income is assessed on 2013 income. This extran income will be assessed next year.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Hi all, just wondering can anyone give me a bit of clarity on this, sorry if it's been asked a hundred times now. I have applied for the grant for the 14/15 academic year. I am currently on Jobseekers Allowance and I was planning to switch to BTEA should I meet the requirements. I am a little confused as to how this works. Should I qualify for the grant does that cover the college fees and can I continue to collect BTEA assuming I qualify for that payment?

I am just looking for clarity or a break down of the fees involved as without a regular weekly payment that the BTEA or JA would bring i would be unable to continue with my grant application or chosen course. Thanks in advance

If you are eligible you will get a weekly btea paymebt and susi will the 2750 contribution fee.

Terry Pratchet

do plc students get less theN an it/uni student or even more because susi didnt have to pay admission fees sound like a stupid question but i was just wandering :P

No. Its the same.

Terry Pratchet

Byrnesy919 wrote: »

It really depends on what your parents 2013 income is. Youll see tge income limits here.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

I rang SUSI on Thursday asking about my grant and the said i should hear from them in the next ten working days! I applied the day it opened and have my documents in since early June. Just said i'd let people know so the have a rough estimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

For people who are renewing their grant application; i.e. have been approved for the grant the year/2/3 years previously; if there's been no notable change in income/number of dependents etc. do we have to resubmit documents?

I renewed my application over 10 weeks ago at this stage, and according to the online tracker; I haven't even been initially assessed yet. Seriously getting worried as i'm going into my final year and need access to the library and books ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

For people who are renewing their grant application; i.e. have been approved for the grant the year/2/3 years previously; if there's been no notable change in income/number of dependents etc. do we have to resubmit documents?

I renewed my application over 10 weeks ago at this stage, and according to the online tracker; I haven't even been initially assessed yet. Seriously getting worried as i'm going into my final year and need access to the library and books ASAP

If your renewal was submitted after the 13th June, you missed the closing date for renewal applications and your application won't be assessed until all the applications that were submitted before the closing date are.

If you have had no change to your circumstances and you have submitted a re-assesment application, then it is just a check and documents may not be required.
    Sometimes documents are requested where there is a change to the reckonable income or where part of the reckonable income is from self - assessment.
    There may be times were an application was incorrectly given a grant and extra documents do get requested to correct this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Interiors6969

Got an email from SUSU...asking me to complete the FCA form online...otherwise my application wont be processed....is this something i should have done ages ago?, if so then looks like i be waiting a bit longer! Gammit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Got an email from SUSU...asking me to complete the FCA form online...otherwise my application wont be processed....is this something i should have done ages ago?, if so then looks like i be waiting a bit longer! Gammit

Did you provide them with your CAO number?

no i'm an advance entry student, no CAO...****e.... i filed it in anyway!! Gammit

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

I got the exact same email myself however I submitted all documentation including the FCA (got a letter from the college saying I was registered and my start date and finish )to SUSI last wendesday which they have acknowledged online when I log into my susi account it says "documentation recieved" "application awaiting assesment"

Am I alright or do they want something else?

Yeah sound like it..guess i shd ring them and find out....

You submit your FCA in your Online account.

When you enter the (F)inal (C)ourse (A)cceptance in your account, you can view any FCA's you have submitted in your FCA history.

If you check the history and have none, then you need to submit one.
    If you check the history and see you have submitted an FCA, you don't need to do anything.
    If you are attending a college overseas, then you need to download an Overseas FCA and have the college stamp it and return it with your documents.
    Download the overseas FCA here

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KhAoS_ThEoRy

Sup08 wrote: »
    You submit your FCA in your Online account.

When you enter the (F)inal (C)ourse (A)cceptance in your account, you can view any FCA's you have submitted in your FCA history.

If you check the history and have none, then you need to submit one.
    If you check the history and see you have submitted an FCA, you don't need to do anything.
    If you are attending a college overseas, then you need to download an Overseas FCA and have the college stamp it and return it with your documents.

Not necessarily true. If you opted on for CAO to do it, then they would have done it on your behalf.

Not necessarily true. If you opted on for CAO to do it, then they would have done it on your behalf.

He was advanced entry so didn't go through the CAO.

• Advertisement

The poster said they were not CAO and therefore not mentioned in my response.

But FCA's can be submitted in conjunction with the CAO, where a person has changed from their CAO offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KhAoS_ThEoRy

Sup08 wrote: »
    The poster said they were not CAO and therefore not mentioned in my response.

But FCA's can be submitted in conjunction with the CAO, where a person has changed from their CAO offer.

Sorry. I wasn't aware you were replying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Anyone else still stuck on the final stage, I think it's something like application awaiting assessment... Mine has been at this stage since like the middle of July, no letter or anything telling me I'm getting the grant. I've contacted them through Facebook and they said they they're going through all the application now, but they're leaving it a bit late aren't they? Most colleges started this week, or before. Plus does anyone else think that their payment dates are a joke, and just too irregular. Why can't they be the 1st of every month, or around that time, rather that been the 14th of one month, the 24th of the next, the 16th of the next... SUSI is a very slow service.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    Anyone else still stuck on the final stage, I think it's something like application awaiting assessment... Mine has been at this stage since like the middle of July, no letter or anything telling me I'm getting the grant. I've contacted them through Facebook and they said they they're going through all the application now, but they're leaving it a bit late aren't they? Most colleges started this week, or before. Plus does anyone else think that their payment dates are a joke, and just too irregular. Why can't they be the 1st of every month, or around that time, rather that been the 14th of one month, the 24th of the next, the 16th of the next... SUSI is a very slow service.

Yes! I'm also awaiting assessment since mid-July. I just checked the online tracker right now and its still no further on. I'm almost certain I received a letter by this time last year saying I was awarded the grant, unless 1st years are notified first. Hopefully they won't be too much longer!

Westeros wrote: »
    Yes! I'm also awaiting assessment since mid-July. I just checked the online tracker right now and its still no further on. I'm almost certain I received a letter by this time last year saying I was awarded the grant, unless 1st years are notified first. Hopefully they won't be too much longer!

I'm first year and am awaiting assessment since mid July too. I think they're working through applications from the first to arrive to the last, rather than first year - second years etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

My application has moved from 'submitted' to 'under enquiry pending outcome'. I'm assuming this a good move and I should hear from them shortly. Fingers crossed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alex03

My application has moved from 'submitted' to 'under enquiry pending outcome'. I'm assuming this a good move and I should hear from them shortly. Fingers crossed anyway!

I'd say they have sent you a request for more docs or clarification of something. Expect something in the post over the next couple of days, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Has anybody actually received a yes answer from SUSI yet ? there seems to be a whole heap of us waiting at the final stage since early/mid July and everybody is stuck waiting.

I know by this time last year people who submitted a perfect application first time were approved or at least some of them were approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alex03

Has anybody actually received a yes answer from SUSI yet ? there seems to be a whole heap of us waiting at the final stage since early/mid July and everybody is stuck waiting.

I know by this time last year people who submitted a perfect application first time were approved or at least some of them were approved.

MId- July, I'm stuck since 19th June, wondering was there any point applying on the 1st day, if nothing happens in 15 weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭eildar

We're waiting since June. Still saying waiting assessment since then. They told me 2 weeks ago that they would have all of June applications assessed by the end of that week. On Monday when I spoke to them they are saying they should be assessed by the end if this week.

Advertisement